MTV: Fresh Meat

crc

• Members

Oh no! Key West is a lot of fun for me, I love that they do things other than drink and they have personalities. Yeah it's a little boring compared to recent Real Worlds, but it's different. As for BTNY, I thought that was an okay season. It introduced us to Coral and The Miz!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BTNY was amazing! I loved that season and the cast was one of the best. I think the worst cast had to be London. Remember how boring that group was? No one can beat them. As far as recent times the Las Vegas crew sucked. All they did was drink and have sex and had little depth amongst them

• Members

IMO the show got boring in the middle of Hawaii and never stopped. Once Ruthie left Hawaii after driving drunk and the novelty of Kaya running around naked wore off, it was the Colin and Amaya show 24/7 and the rest of the season sucked! After that, every season has been much more boring and less unique than Seasons 1-7, with the exceptions of London (4). London was just bad bad bad.

I think there are two generations of RW though...Seasons 1-9 and 10-the present (what, 17?). The 10-17 is just the same with different faces. I don't mind, and I still usually watch, but the show's glory days are way over, which I'm sure no one disagrees.

Miami (5) has and always will be my favorite, with San Fran (3), Boston (6), and Seattle (7) all closely behind.

As for Key West...let's just say it totally beats out Paris, Philly, and Austin so far.

• Members

Paris and London were mellow seasons, but I sitll loved them! They had interesting casts and I enjoy when they don't completely clash all the time. I'd love to see Leah or Simon from Paris show up on a challenge.

I wish MTV would release all the seasons on DVD, but then again New York has new music so maybe not. I'm going to look for bootlegs.

I wish they'd go to an international location like Australia. It has the warm climate which means very little clothes and unlike Key West a place like Sydney will have a happening social scene so you won't have to deal with that boredom. A big problem with Paris was that they couldn't interact with any of the locals.

• Members

I thought Paris was horrible. I remember hating all the girls on that cast. They did alot of whining and I hated how they would gang up on CT, whom I also didnt like. That season was very repetive. The absolute worst was Leah.

I actually think the last really good season was Chicago. It had really interesting and diverse castmates (despite having 3 blondes) with interesting stories to tell. ALL of the housemates contributed to the season and it wasnt just 2 or 3 with the others providing commentary. I think the show jumped the shark after this one with LV. The only season I've liked since Chicago was Philly, but even that was nowhere near the greatness that was the earlier seasons.

• Members

I have to go with BTNY, Key West, and Austin as the worst seasons.

San Diego, Miami, New Orleans, Boston, and Seattle as my favs.

I liked London. It was boring because they didn't party and have sex all of the time. They had lives and personalities. They were normal.

• Members

I liked the RW when they all had seperate lives and lived together. Then they made them work together and it went all downhill from there. Have any of the casts had a successful work experience where they look and act professional as a whole? Not just one person, but the whole group? I wish the Julie from Season 1 and Dom and Aaron from Season 2 and Judd and Pam and Pedro. They were real people with real problems and issues.

I guess I am really showing my age.

• Members

Brenda, we may be getting older, but you're dead on. Real people. Real lives. Grateful for living in these great houses. Normal looking with one or two sexy ones. The show is ridiculous now.

San Diego is a diamond in the rough of the last 8 or 9 seasons, IMO!

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Jun 4 2006, 11:12 PM)

Least faves: Austin, London, Hawaii, Las Vegas

Faves: London, Paris, Los Angelos, San Fran, Seattle, Miami...basically all the old seasons, lol. It was *such* a good show back then. :(

lol - you have London as a fav and least fav.

King - I'm curious as to why you liked San Diego so much? I thought it was just like any other recent season - except a little better. Brad was too much to watch, Cameron was a twit (but hot), you barely saw the black guy (can't remember his name), and Randy was just like this guy on Key West and any other level-headed softee....they partied too much, got thrown in jail (Robin), and pretty much loved to be on TV. I did enjoy their job....oh and Frankie was a little too dramatic for me, although her cutting problem was an issue worth watching - but much like this annorexic girl on Key West.

• Members

Hehe. I guess we had different reactions to the cast. :lol:

Well, firstly, I thought the cast was pretty diverse and a throwback to the old seasons! Cameron, the country virgin girl, Frankie, the indie rock freaky girl dealing with relationship Issues, Jamie, the asian girl worried about her parents' culture and its effect on her, Robin, the insecure and emotional girl who probably more than likely has some serious issues in her past, Jaquese, the fun-loving and easy-going and intelligent African American guy (a rareity for RW, IMO), Brad, the dumb jock, and Randy, the guy next door.

I thought they were all relatable!

It had the romance between Brad and Cam and then Robin and Randy, but they weren't SEAPED in sex. It was cute and funny and flirty.

Like Brenda said earlier, they were all real people and they had real lives outside that house.

They weren't drama whores.

They weren't whore whores.

Loved all the arrests! :lol:

I just loved watching this seven people be friends and get to know each other!

Loved the house and location!

• Members

My favorite seasons were Los Angeles, Miami, New Orleans, B2NY, Chicago. Those 5 were defiently the best for me.

I dont get th London love...lol. I thought the housemates were so boring and uninteresting. Really the only two I sort of liked were Jacinda (was that her name) and Lars. The rest were just lame. And no, not partying and having sex wasnt what made them boring bc most of the early seasons didnt exagerate those like they do now and they were still good. London was such a snoozefest

Speaking of favorites and this is teh challenge thread, what were your favorite challenges? I LOVED the original ones when it was 6 RWers vs 6 RRers in the RV and buses. I wish they'd go back to that at least for one season. I liked that there was no kicking off. My favorite had to be the second one which I think was the 2000 Challenge. RW had Heather, Teck, Amaya, Mike and Kat and David on that team. The chemistry and drama between those 6 was hilarious!

As far as the big challenges, I loved the first one, Battle of the Seasons. Nothing could top ghetto Belou bringing her baby on the challenge and then cursing out evil Holly. My third favorite had to be the first Battle of the Sexes. Soooo many priceless moments "This game is ugly. The inner circle is ugly" Who could forget that quote? I think this is hte also the one that had the Mellissa vs Julie drama. One thing I noticed is like RW, this show gets progressively worse as the seasons go and the best ones were at the beginning. They come on way too often now and its always the same people. I liked it when they actually chose a wide variety of people from different seasons and how they didnt repeat as often.

Archived