List your top 10 shows of the 2005-2006 season

KevC1980

• Members

With the 2005-2006 season quickly wrapping up, i thought it would be interesting to see what everyone's top 10 shows were this season..Here are mine...

1. Greys Anatomy--consistently the best show this year..the superbowl episode was probably one of my favorite episode of the show ever..

2. 24- awesome this year, so many twists..my favorite stuff involved the syntax gas at CTU and the death of Edgar..I can't wait for the finale next week, hope they bring down logan..

3. Nip Tuck--what can i say i just love this show, and this season didn't dissapoint..My favorite episode was the kimber/christian wedding...and i enjoyed all the carver stuff..Glad that storyline is over..

4. Desperate Housewives--the past few epsisodes have really kicked it up a notch..Loving the show lately..My favorite moments of the season were: Gabby and the nun's catfight, Susan in the wedding dress chasing after mike, Bree finally taking andrew away, and the current stuff with Lynette and Tom..

5. Lost- Loved the beginning of the season, got a little bored with the middle of the season, and i'm back to loving it...My favorite episodes were the first episode with the hatch, the other groups 48 days, Claire's flashback, Echo's first flashback, and the current twist with Michael..

6. My Name is Earl--this has been my favorite comedy of the year, and favorite new show..My favorite episode was by far Joy's wedding, i tend to like the episodes that feature her most..

7. Scrubs---love this show, and it has been stellar this season.Great cliffhanger also, so many babies next season...

8. The Office--a show that i just got into a few months ago..but the finale was excellent and i'm a huge jim and pam fan...can't wait for next season..

9. Prison Break-- i pretty much only watch the show for Wentworth Miller..He's worth it..Looking forward to them having finally escaped..

10. ER--still a show i record every week, after 11 years...i tend to enjoy most of the episodes, but didn't really care for John Leguizimo this season..Loved Kristen Joshson's character and wished they would have kept her..As long as they keep Nella and Abby i will watch..

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

1. Veronica Mars - They followed up a flawless season with an even better one! THIS is how you write a complex story! The characters came into their own as well.

2. Boston Legal - The first episodes were VERY weak thanks to the awful decision to chop up the first four episodes and drop one. Once that mess was finished they went from strength to strength. They finally utilized Mark Valley and Rene Aberdujois (sp?) and the new addition of Parker Posey has been amazing!

3. Prison Break - I have some problems with the pacing at times, but this is a well written fantasy type series and I'm loving it. In addition to being very well written, they have a brilliant cast as well!

4. The Amazing Race - After Family Edition, anything would be good, but this has been one of the best seasons ever! Great return to form which I love.

5. Everybody Hates Chris - What a fricking surprise! The entire cast is fantastic and the writing gets me back each week. Finally a black show with good actors/writing that doesn't use gimmicks like rap stars to get going.

6. House - I started watching VERY late into the season, but I've been hooked since the first episode I've seen. Hugh Laurie is an absolute god and the rest of the cast is great support. I love the dark humor on this show, House is one of the best characters on TV.

7. L&O: Criminal Intent - The addition of Chris Noth and Anabella Sciorra has been great and the writing is very strong. This is the only L&O show staying true to itsself and delivering quality writing. It deserves more attention than it gets.

8. Mile High - It's been airing on BBCAmerica and I'm in love. I didn't rank it higher because the second season has been a bit of a mess, but overall it's a great show I will no doubt be collecting on DVD>

9. Beautiful People - The second half of the first season was a MAJOR improvement over the first. They fixed some cast problems, storylines got better. I definitely think this should be on a bigger network like The CW.

10. The O.C. - This didn't rank higher for me because the first half was truly a hot mess. Things slowly improved (thank you cliff!), but still isn't what it was. It shows great promise though and I appreciate that they are working to fix things, unlike the #1 show on my WORST list.

WORST SHOWS (only top 5)

1. One Tree Hill - It started with the same ole crap, but when cancellation came around they turned to their usual gimmicks of poorly written school shootings which of course would garner some interest. Character assasination and plot holes felt right at home here. Also can't support the cliffhanger which left nothing resolved...what about when the show really IS cancelled? WIll the fans ever have any closure? VM perfectly showed how to tie up loose ends just in case, but still satisfy viewers if it returns.

2. 24 - What was once a compelling, well written, innovative soap with a twist of action is now a painfully bad action show in the same league as crap like Renegade and Rambo. Even formerly great characters like Jack are just painful to watch with the horrible dialogue and poor writing on the show. To say the show is a shell of it's former self would be a huge understatement.

3. Desperate Housewives - Were peoples expectations too high? No, this was just a poorly thought out season with very little character growth. Boo!

4. Charmed - I have never seen a fall from grace like this. It had been bad before, but my god this was PAINFUL. Dumping Leo for that horrid Billie was just an awful mistake, plus we had far too much of her annoying ass!

5. The Apprentice 5 - The casting was terrible and it's just time for this series to go.

• Members

My Top 10:

1. Nip/Tuck

2. The Shield

3. Rescue Me

4. Two and a Half Men

5. Both Survivors of this season

6. House

7. Law & Order: SVU

8. Deal or No Deal

9. the short lived comedy with Fred Savage (sorry forgot the name)

10. Law & Order & Crossing Jordan (tie)

Desperate Housewives and Lost would have been on there as they kept my attention for awhile but then they lost it totally with all the breaks. I finally just quit watching. Am watching DH some now but haven't watched Lost since before Christmas. It was just off too long and I lost interest.

Edit to add: I forgot to say something about The Closer on TNT. I think this is one of the best shows in a long time. I absolutely love it. I have only got to see it one or two times as I forget about it being on. Kyra Sedgwick does a great job though.

• Members

I don't nearly watch as much TV as I used to, but here's my list:

1. Law and Order: SVU

2. Grey's Anatomy

3. Arrested Development :(

4. Boston Legal (they need to switch its timeslot b/c it's up against SVU, so I have to tape it)

5. The Simpsons

Worst:

1. Gilmore Girls-- It got so bad this season. I stopped watching it altogether. :(

• Members

i cant really think about putting them in order but here are my 10 ten for the season

Grey's Anatomy

One Tree Hill

Veronica Mars

Desperate Housewives

America's Next Top Model

Gilmore Girls

The OC

I CAN'T REALLY LIST ANYMORE. I used to be like the biggest tv watcher but now i barely watch anything at all. I know prison break is good but i dont feel like getting into another show so i dotn watch it. same goes with 24

• Members

1. Weeds

2. Everybody Hates Chris

3. America's Next Top Model Cycle 6

4. Desperate Housewives

5. Flavor of Love

6. The Surreal Life (one with Janice and Omarosa)

7. Hot Properties

8. America's Next Top Model Cycle 5

9. The Barbershop

10. Dancing With The Stars

• Members

1. Arrested Development - LOVED the last episodes of the show, and I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.

2. Scrubs - Great season, and I was totally surprised at the last 2 mins of the finale.

3. The Office - Overall, I loved this season, though it had it's up and downs with Jim and Pam. The season finale was totally worth the wait and now I can't wait for the season to start again.

4. Medium - Though it was getting a bit repetive, with the way all her mysteries start... they are all interesting and keeps me glued to the tv to find out what happend.

5. My Name Is Earl - At first, I disliked this show... but the more I watched it before The Office, the more I found it to be just as funny as, and now I look forward to the shows together.

6. Cold Case - Cases have seem to get more interesting, and love the new cast member... though it would have been nice to see Sarah Brown stay on too.

7. CSI - Interesting here and there in the middle, the beginning of season started off great and it's ending the same way too.

8. ER - Up and down moments, like Pratt's family suddenly being gone after all the build up, but I like the Luka/Abby baby and I hope to see more Ray/Neela next season.

9. Close to Home - Nice first season, and great cases; but though I know it's suppose to be all about Annabeth, it would have been nice for them to show her home life a little more as well as the other people she works with.

10. Wife Swap - It's been crazy people galore this season, outragous arguments and people who not willing to try new things must of been this seasons theme.

• Members

1. Nip/Tuck

2. Grey's Anatomy

3. Criminal Minds

4. CSI: Miami/CSI: New York

5. Close To Home

6. Two and A Half Men

7. My Name Is Earl

8. Desperate Housewives

9. Law and Order: SVU

10. The Shield

Crumbs, Sons and Daughters, Out Of Practice (RIP :()

• Members

I guess I only watched these 8!:

8. The O.C. – Started off good, the middle of the season was such a drag, and it has been excellent the last two months. I am so hard on this show, but I have to give it props when it deserves it, and it definitely does the last few months!

7. One Tree Hill – OTH has proved that it still has what it takes. Last season was rough. This season was much better. Finale was exceptional. The school-shooting episode was great. Killing Keith off was a shocker and a great risk. I am glad this show is coming back!

6. Nip/Tuck – It continues to be one the best shows on television, but I do think this season was one of the weakest so far, overall. Hopefully, with the Carver gone, next season can be better. J

5. LOST – Great show. But it’s introducing more questions without giving us any answers. It’s adding a lot of characters when it still has so many originals to focus on. I know not all of the questions can be answered, and I am fine with that. But I would like one or two answers a season instead of 20 new questions. Also, the inconsistency of new episodes makes it slip a little bit.

4. Soprano’s – Like the O.C., I am very hard on the Soprano’s. I think it has been awful the last three seasons. But this season, WOW! The show is BACK! It’s kicking ass and taking names. This is the best season since season two BY A MILE! The last three seasons are a bad nightmare in comparison! Love the new Tony! Love the gay storyline. Love all the storylines!

3. Grey’s Anatomy – Need I say more?

2. Big Brother 6: Anyone who watched this season can pretty much know why this is so high on my list. This was a soap at its finest. This was comedy at its finest. This was unpredictability at its finest. This was drama at its finest. Pure gold!

1. L Word – This show has proved to me time and time again why it is the best show on television, and this season was absolutely no exception! Two words: Dana’s Cancer. It told a story that no show can tell…not like this anyway. It was the first show to feature a mammogram with the reality and detail that the disease and story necessitates. The show personifies focus, an ensemble cast, umbrella-storylines, lovable characters, relatable characters, and an unbelievable balance of humor and drama!

• Members

1. The Amazing Race - Without a doubt, still television's best reality/comepetition program, drama, comedy... you name it

2. The Office - Best comedy on TV

3. Battlestar Galactica - Television's best drama

4. Veronica Mars - Television's 2nd best drama

5. Supernatural - Best WB drama in years, and best freshman drama this season

6. Scrubs - Still one of TV's funniest

7. Survivor - Palau was better, but both seasons in a way rejuvinated what was a slowly sinking ship.

8. Threshold - A gem that CBS let go too easily

9. How I Met Your Mother - Best new comedy of the season

10. Lost - well below expectations, but still better than most

• Members

Also in no particular order except #1...

1) Thief

2) Rescue Me

3) Nip/Tuck

4) The Shield

5) Greys Anatomy

6) House

7) Boston Legal

8) 24

9) The Unit

10) Prison Break

Also want to include

11) Over There (FX cancelled show. Very sad to see it go :( )

Archived