The CW Schedule - Not timeslots yet, but entire lineup announced!

Chris B

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, I just read that Everwood shot two endings, so there probably will be resolution ...

But still, I think Everwood should of been renewed for at least 13 episodes and put in 7th Heaven's slot after that wraps up...

• Members

I don't know...when I hear Series Finale...I tend to think SERIES FINALE...meaning the end, finito, no more stories to tell, that's all folks...I don't think...'Hey! Maybe they are coming back next year, so the wording series finale is just a lie and they are basically getting me to tune in for the last episode as a last ditch effort to raise ratings'.

Maybe Everwood and Half and Half should have said Series Finale for a month and a half, maybe their ratings could have been boosted.

Fact of the matter, 7th Heaven wrapped up their stories...Everwood did not.

• Members

The Game is about the wives/girlfriends of professional football players. The pilot was broadcast about a month ago as an episode of the mother show. One of the characters, the girlfriend of the team's running back top draft pick, is GIRLFRIENDS' Joan's niece.

I thought the pilot was great...funny and witty...but also with hints of the kind of drama that SEX AND THE CITY was so good at. The standout star IMO is Wendy Raquel Robinson, who played Principal Regina Greer on STEVE HARVEY.

Also someone stated before that launching shows at midseason is risky. I have to disagree...IMO it's much SAFER to launch shows midseason than in the fall. In the fall viewers are being bombarded with upwards of thirty-plus new shows...hard for any one to gain taction, hence the historical rate of new series failures in the fall. However, some of the biggest hits in recent memory (over the past twenty or so years) have been launched in midseason.

• Members

The creator of Everwood said they shot a different ending if they got cancellled. As for 7th Heaven, it was ALWAYS said that they didn't WANT to cancel it, but had to because of rising costs. They lost 16 million by renewing the show last year and it would be higher this year.

When the show returns next year I'm pretty sure it will HAVE to have some sort of spin off. So technically, they didn't lie. They've tied up the old 7th Heaven and have set things up for a new version of the show.

• Members

I love Ausiello giving it to Ostroff. LMAO.

I think Runaway seems like a good show, but it's always a gamble ... I wish it success but it'd be funny if it fell flat. They COULD of had Everwood as a backup, which is what they should have done.

Archived