The CW Schedule - Not timeslots yet, but entire lineup announced!

Chris B

• Members

Oh my gosh, you guys, I first read this announcement early in the morning and JUST NOW realized that one of my favorites, "Pepper Dennis" wasn't listed in that article. But I'm SOOOOO glad it'll be there midseason. IT's SUCH a good show. It's light and fun and sexy, but funnily, there's NO sex. So it's almost safe family viewing, too. It's also reminiscient of an older workplace sitcom for some reason. But I just LOVE it.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I've just heard Pepper Dennis was cancelled.

Supposedly, we'll get America's Next Top Model reruns at 7PM on Sunday, then the UPN sitcoms (Chris, All of Us, Girlfriends, The Game). Monday will have 7th Heaven and Runaway. Tuesday is Gilmore and Veronica. Wednesday is America's Next Top Model and One Tree Hill. Thursdays is Smallville and Supernatural. Friday's is Smackdown!

Sooo...

SUNDAY

7PM America's Next Top Model (reruns)

8PM Everybody Hates Chris

8:30 All of Us

9PM Girlfriends

9:30 The Game

MONDAY

8PM 7th Heaven

9PM Runaway

TUESDAY

8PM Gilmore Girls

9PM Veronica Mars

WEDNESDAY

8PM America's Next Top Model / Beauty & the Geek

9PM One Tree Hill

THURSDAY

8PM Smallville

9PM Supernatural

FRIDAY

8PM Smackdown!

• Members

I am so glad they paired GG & VM and ANTM & OTH. Hopefully the strong lead-ins will increase ratings of those shows. I'm really happy with this lineup. However, I don't find All of Us to be funny anymore. The show hasn't been the same since the Dwayne Martin's girlfriend/fiancee left. Half & Half is the better show.

It would serve the CW better if they added another hour of tv, and air programs at 10. I think it could open a new market for them.

• Members

Oh HELL no. "Dennis" is canceled?!! Screw you, CW !@#$%^&*]es!!#$W%$#%$#%

they got one thing right, though: leaving "7th Heaven" in the SAME SLOT where it's been for THE PAST 10 YEARS.

Thank goodness for someone's genius in that network.

• Members

There's a rumor going around that "Veronica Mars" and "Gilmore Girls" will only get 13 episodes next season (with the possibility for 22 eps for GG if the ratings are good. Don't know if it's the same for VM.)

I agree. They should've kept "Everwood" and cancelled "7th. Heaven" and "One Tree Hill".

• Members
Pretty much every show has gotten 22 episodes, with the option of it being cut to 13 if the ratings are bad.

7th Heaven is BY FAR the highest rated show on both networks. Crap? Yes. But why get rid of your #1 show? What they need to do is heavily retool it and make it into a spin off so it will be cost effective.

But I do agree that One Tree Hill should be gone. Everwood I saw was one of the higher rated shows as well so I'm a little shocked by it's exit. I didn't realize how good it was doing until I saw the rankings.

• Members

I can't see each and every CW show having just a 13 episode order. Chris is right, all shows have a 22 episode order (except it appears, 7th Heaven), with the OPTION to cut it down to 13.

I think it could take a little getting used to but I don't see any of the high rated WB/UPN shows really failing to recpature their audience.

And actually ... I think one of the reasons One Tree Hill was renewed was so that it could reach a fourth season, which equals a better syndication deal. Everwood has already had their fourth season and reached over 80 episodes, thus it will end up in syndication.

I bet that was the deciding factor.

• Members

While that may be true about "Everwood," that show is still the highest quality of the two. But at least it got four good years.

What's making me PISSED BEYOND WORDS, however, is learning that "dennis" is probably canceled. I mean, the cast is just perfect, the show is smart, sexy, funny, Rebecca Romijn and Josh Hopkins are HOT in the chemistry department and this show just "clicks," for whatever reason. I'm absolutely in LOVE with it. I NEED those idiots at CW to realize they've got a gem here!

Archived