The CW Schedule - Not timeslots yet, but entire lineup announced!

Chris B

• Members

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The CW network will look like the sum of its parts when the successor of the soon-to-be-defunct UPN and WB launches in the fall with a mix of holdovers and just two new offerings.

UPN's "Veronica Mars" and the WB's "One Tree Hill" made the cut at the CW, but the WB's family drama "Everwood" did not.

CW's pickups, in addition to new drama "Runaway" and "Girlfriends" spinoff "The Game," include the soap "Palm Springs," which was given a midseason order Tuesday.

Also moving to the new network are UPN comedies "Girlfriends," "Everybody Hates Chris" and "All of Us," and WB dramas "Smallville," "Supernatural" and "Gilmore Girls," with veteran "7th Heaven" expected to join the group pending the completion of new deals with the cast.

On the reality side, UPN's hit "America's Next Top Model" and WB's "Beauty and the Geek" are rumored for a possible pairing on the schedule, with Wednesday considered a logical place.

"Chris," brainchild of comedian Chris Rock; "All of Us," from another famous actor, Will Smith; "Girlfriends," from Kelsey Grammer's production company; and "The Game" could form a Monday comedy block that has been a staple on UPN.

Also looking compatible are "Gilmore Girls" and "Veronica Mars," and "7th Heaven" and "Runaway."

"Runaway" stars Donnie Wahlberg as a father who goes on the run with his family after he is wrongly convicted of murder. "The Game" revolves around women in the lives of professional football players. "Palm Springs," from "Dawson's Creek" creator Kevin Williamson, is an ensemble soap set in the California desert city.

----------------------------------

I must say they've put up a VERY strong lineup and I wish them well with it! Now I'm incredibly worried that Veronica Mars won't gain any new viewers and will get their order cut to 13. Hope that happens to OTH though! :P

All of the new shows look like they have a shot of being hits! I'm glad they went with developing a few really strong pilots, instead of picking things like Ultra and Aquaman just because of the buzz. Can't wait until the network reveals the timeslots and such so we will know where everything is sitting. I also am interested in hearing what they plan on doing to 7th Heaven. If it stays the way it is it will lose a lot of money for the network.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for posting this, and I agree they picked some winners--most notaby, "Chris," "Girlfriends," "Heaven," and "Mars." But leaving out "Reba" and "Everwood" are huge mistakes! But it's good news for "One Tree Hill" fans who ached for resolution after that cliffhanger. I still don't see why The CW had to develop ANY programming when it all the hit UPN and WB shows could have padded the whole lineup. It would have been the fair thing to do, weeding out the duds by midseason. Then everyone's happy.

• Members

I understand them wanting to launch the network with some new shows. It is a good way to bring in a new audience and give your network some extra promo. Even the #1 networks will add new shows because it's never good to get complacent. Just look at CBS, don't be surprised if it sees a decline with Grey's Anatomy against CSI.

Launching shows in the midseason is always a bigger risk.

• Members

I'm confused about the comedies. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong but isn't Half and Half higher rated than All of Us?

UGH.

I wish the CW well and look forward to seeing some of my favorites again (Gilmore Girls, Smallville, etc.)

Sucks they cancelled Reba. HUGE mistake.

• Members

Everwood had a good life. It was a steady (somewhat) performer for The WB. It lost a lot of it's critical praise towards the end. I think moving it and preempting it a lot this past year is what drove the ratings down. Had it had higher ratings, I think we would be seeing that, not One Tree Hill, back.

Sorry to OTH fans... I didn't watch either show, so ... I probably will watch OTH and see how it is.

• Members

No Half and Half...but All of Us? Whatever.

Only watching for ANTM and maybe EHC.

Girlfriends, All of Us and The Game don't even interest me a tad bit.

OTH, Veronica Mars and 7th Heaven are just...not me.

Kevin Williamson...can't wait to see what his thing turns out to be.

Archived