ABC Fall Schedule revealed!!

Chris B

• Members

well with this move, Studio 60 is doomed, unless NBC gets smart and relocates it to 10 on Sundays. :lol:

The only good show looks like Brothers and Sisters, mostly because I've missed Calista Flockhart. She's so talented, and she has done next to nothing since Ally McBeal ended a few years ago.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Brothers and Sisters sounds like Once and Again with more characters. I wonder if ABC will be committed to this one, or treat it like the former.

I think they need to give up on "The Bachelor." It's been getting more ho-hum with each passing year. Also, can't they find some people of color, including Hispanics and Asians? I know white people aren't the only ones looking for love!

• Members

I don't think GA will bomb against CSI--it won't win the ratings race, but I think GA will hold up surprisingly well (better than any other ABC show would in that time slot). This move reminds me when CBS put CSI on Thursdays to challenge NBC's then-MUST SEE TV.

The question I have is how DH will fare against Sunday Night Football and The Sorpanos? Ratings are down a reported 20% (someone correct me if I am wrong). I think having the DH/GA combo on Sundays helped BOTH shows. By tearing them apart--hmm, I don't know. I doubt Brothers and Sisters will get GA-like ratings, but their timeslot is still a cushy one nonetheless.

• Members

Well add me to the group that thinks its stupid to put Greys on thursday....I was prepared for it to move to mondays, which would have been great..Now i guess i'll have to dvr both Greys and Studio 60, because i'm never home thursday nights..

The rest of their lineup looks blah..I'll check out brothers and sisters after DH...and continue to watch Lost..But i don't and never have cared for DWTS...

• Members

I don't think CSI will kill GA because it is not a serialized show.

Actually, I think GA has an advantage because it is serialized. People who watch GA are INVESTED in the show, the storylines, and the characters. CSI is so successful because it's an hour of self-contained entertainment. It appeals to the masses because you can jump in whenever and have a nice hour of entertainment without any investment in the show.

But I don't think people who watch both CSI and GA will automatically choose CSI. People who watch GA are probably more invested in the show, and if they want their CSI fix, they can catch reruns or they can choose to catch the other billion versions on the CBS schedule.

GA is much more of a "water cooler" show -- people like it, they talk about it, they want to follow the storylines. CSI is more like, I'll watch it for some quick and easy entertainment but I won't cry if it's taken off the schedule.

And now that Pratt's pilot failed is he going to come back to GH?

• Administrator

If NBC moves Studio 60 to another night, I hope GA will put a dent in CSI's rating, but if Studio 60 stays, I hope GA will bomb so ABC can move it.

Yeah, I think one of the GH actors (I think NLG) said if PRatt's show doesn't get picked up, he would come back to GH. :(

• Members

I think this could work actually. It is a smart move on ABC's part, IMO. They are trying to avoid NBC having another hit on its hands. And if there is any show that can help put a dent in CS, it's Grey's!

• Members

Do not forget a few years ago (5 years I think) when CBS moved CSI to Thursdays and used Survivor as its lead-in and that move single handidly crushed NBC. I think ABC is looking to do that to CBS by moving Grey's. Remember, that advertisers love to advertise on Thursdays, because it gets people's attention for the weekend. Big advertisers such as movie studios and entertainment/style products covet the Thursday marketplace and that is why younger skewing shows like Survivor, the OC, Smallville, etc, are always moved to Thursdays to try and get in on the Thursday action.

Thursday night advertising at an adult 18-49 rating of 5.0 is probably better for the advertiser then a Sunday night rating of 6.0. Research shows that Thursday advertising informs weekend spending habits, especially with movie-goers. If ABC can launch a successful challenge to CBS's domination then they are in good shape to make tons of cash money.

• Members

Also, I think networks are dumb to have dramas or sitcoms on Friday or Saturday. When will they learn? They should just stick to re-airing the big drama's those nights and do news shows those nights.

• Members

I seriously doubt GA will bomb. There is just no way, it is wasy too popular.

As for Studio, I think NCB will move it, probably to Mondays where they thought Grey's would end up.

• Members

The Housewives won't be effected by Grey's move. DH was the lead in for Grey's so GA might drop some in viewership. DH hasnt dropped 20% this season. It averaged about 23 million last year (it is still holding around 21-23) a 20% drop would be 18 million viewers. The Housewives will be fine, Grey's will be fine. Housewives vs. Football- Two totally different demos. Football=Men, DH=Women. It'll do fine. It's gone against award shows and won. Sopranos is also on hiatus during the fall and wont be back until January when Football is ending. BTW Sopranos didnt dent Housewives one bit so I wouldnt be worried come fall.

• Members

It's their biggest winner so moving it on the toughest night makes sense I guess? Unless it all just backfires. But since I don't watch much of CBS, and Thursday nights are overall dull I will definitely be watching Grey at that slot.

• Members

:lol: I agree!

Like to say that I'm impressed with ABC's schedule... but I'm not. I don't watch "Grey's Anatomy" or "Desperate Housewives", so I have no problem there; and "CSI" spumors aren't looking promising for me to continue with that next season, if they pan out. The only show I watched last season was "Freddie," but I might check out "Betty the Ugly" (mainly because I watched it off and on on the Spanish channel here), "Traveller," and "Set for the Rest of Your Life" to see how that is. But outside of that, ready to see what the other shows have to offer.

• Members

A lot of people would cry if CSI were taken off the schedule. It's easy to dismiss it for what it is, but CSI: LV has a loyal, loyal following and most people prefer it to either CSI:NY and CSI:Miami because of the cast and the characters. CSI is subtle, and realitic. GA is completely over the top, and it appeals to younger audiences because of it's outlandish, fanfiction-esq storylines. I don't think that makes it "better". BTW - The CSI finale is going to be heavily character oriented, with two seperate character based cliffhangers.

GA has succeeded because of it's time slot. I won't be watching it anymore on Thursdays, but I watched it on Sundays because it was decent (OK - good when it first started) and there was nothing else on. I don't think it'll lose that many viewers, but it won't beat CSI. This year, anyway. A lot of the CSI cast is leaving after Season 7, so GA will have an opportunity to move up in ratings 2008.

It's an ego trip and I hope ABC gets kicked in the arse

Archived