2006-2006 Syndication Ratings

R!ck

• Members

Maury's on twice a day here.

CBS Afiliate: 9:00am

FOX Affiliate: 5:00pm

I miss the shows when he would have like 12 "drag queens" but 3 or 4 were real women, and the audience had to guess LOL

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess talk shows and court shows are cheaper to produce and pull in decent ratings some are even higher than most or all soaps. Anyways, it would be easier to compare by the Women 18-49 category as that is the highly marketable category because all though these shows do pull in more veiwers, but they might not capture the 18 to 49 year olds so desired by advertisers.

On Maury...you are right he is great trashy fun. And those baby daddy stories are a hoot. I know u b da baby's daddy...na-huh...ya-huh...whatever.. and they usually end in tears and the male cursing out the woman and ridiculing her. All in a days work I guess.

• Members

Yeah, he's on 2 or 3 times here each day.

LOL! I loved those episodes. The audience had to guess if it was a guy or a girl, and if they got it right, Maury gave them a $20 bill!! :lol:

At school, there's absolutely nothing on at 4 PM during the day, so my roommate and I would watch Maury (it was between that and Dr. Phil). She had never watched Maury before (because she lived in England for several years, and now lives in Italy), and was shocked when I told her what happens on the show! :lol:

Maury: You are NOT the father!

and then you see the girl crying on the floor and the guy cussing her out! :lol:

• Members

I heart Maury so much! It's pretty much the biggest talk show at my school.

My favorites are definitely the paternity tests, out of control teens, people with weird phobias, and the guess who's a drag queen episodes.

I like watching Dr. Phil, but he is the most annoying, most ego-maniacal man I've ever seen. I just like to see the guests. Same with Ellen. I have nothing against her as a person, but she's just not a good talk show host, IMO. For me, a good talk show host is someone that I would watch regardless of who the guests are. With Ellen, I can only watch when I'm interested in who is going to be on the show.

• Members

How can Jerry Springer have the same ratings as Montel?

Jerry is head and shoulders above Montel.

Montel sucks!!!

I miss the talk shows of the 90's: Jenny Jones, Tempest, Ricki Lake, Rolonda and even the short lived Gayle King show.

Archived