2. Inside Edition 3.5

3. The Insider 2.8

4. Access Hollywood 2.6

5. Extra 2.3

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maury is higher than Ellen!?!? :blink: For a while, I thought that that show was cancelled! Every other episode is a "Who's my baby's daddy?" I swear, Maury must own his own DNA clinic w/ all the DNA testing that occurs on that show. :rolleyes:

• Members

The reason why MILLIONAIRE isn't higher rated is because Buena Vista waited WAY TOO LATE to premiere the show in syndication. If they would have struck while the iron was hot(like 2000 or even 2001(the year they did all those stupid Celebrity shows), it would have probably surpassed WHEEL in total viewers.

The shock for me is that ET is higher rated than ACCESS HOLLYWOOD, which is clearly a more hip and flashy show than ET, IMO.

As far as who will replace Meredith, anyone Brian Frons chooses will probably suck ass at the job. But I don't think she will juggle both TODAY and MILLIONAIRE. Someone else will be announced to fill the chair this summer.

• Members

LOL...I love Maury. They air 2 shows where Im from and you're right, every day there's a paternity test. It's trashy fun. I think Ellen is overated and one of the most unfunniest comedians I've seen. I dont see her appeal and find her as interesting to watch as paint drying

• Members

I watch Maury too, but I always thought his ratings were bad from the quality of the show.

I like the ones they have w/ a hypnotist, and the ones w/ the couples who are complete opposites (like that 96 year-old lady who was dating a 20-something year-old guy!) Those are always funny! :lol: And then the ones w/ the amazing home videos are always shocking!

The paternity test ones are so bad. Sometimes it's like, how many guys could one woman sleep w/ in a 2-3 week period!? :blink: And then sometimes they're sad b/c they practically destroy marriages and friendships. Also, the ones w/ the overweight babies are always really sad too. :(

• Members

those piss me off, especially when they have those ignorant ass mothers who feed their kids more stuff in one day then I ate in a 1 week period! Are you kidding me? I just want to go off on them bc they are slowly killing their child. Not too mention the ridicule they'll get when they go to school bc kids can be cruel.

The paternity test ones are crazy. I would be embarassed if I were those women. Coming on the show 10 times testing 13 men and not knowing? I hate how stupid they sound saying they are 200% sure and start yelling at the men for not doing anything for their kids when they've already been on the show multiple times testing countless other men.

I also like the hypnosis shows. They had one a few weeks back where this one woman was scared of mustard and acted like a dam fool when they brought them out...lol

• Members

ET is an institution...it has been one of the highest rated syndicated programs since its debut in 1981. AH was a blatant attempt by NBC to copy it, coming right after the Time Warner blatant carbon copy attempt with the original concept of EXTRA, which since has been revamped into a hodgepodge mess of a cross between ET and INSIDE EDITION.

Am I the only one who misses the glory days of HARD COPY?

Archived