2006 Fall Upfronts

DaysnPassionsFan

• Members

Grey's started out last season with only about 14-16 millions viewers. This season it jumped to about 18 million in the fall and following the post Superbowl "Code Black" episode it's been building even more close to 23-25 million. Even if all of these viewers dont move and Grey's gets only its original 14-16 million viewers it's still better than what ABC has going on right now on Mondays. 16 million vs. 3 million? If I were ABC I'd take the gamble and move Grey's. This also gives them the launch pad for a new show following the Housewives. Boston Legal started there built and audience then moved and it's doing okay. Same will happen with Grey's. Then come next season they can move whatever successful show follows the Housewives to another night. They were hoping to do this with What About Brian with the preview episode the night before it started airing on mondays. It debuted on Sunday to 14.8 Million viewers and then went to Monday and bombed with 3.3 million. If they would have given it some more time on Sundays it would have taken off. They are hoping with Grey's as a lead in What About Brian will take off in the fall.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Good news for 3 CBS shows!

The New Adventures of Old Christine and Close to Home renewed; so is King of Queens, but for only 13 episodes as Kevin James is doing a movie. The Unit hasn't been renewed yet, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't.

• Members

You're right about "Grey's," Jack. I realized that after typing it. I did wonder if "Grey's" fans just were lazy and watched it for that DH lead-in, despite the good writing. But this show truly is a phenomenon and can't be compared with "Susan" and others. As for "Brian," I hope it takes off as well. But I'm not sure they would make good companions. I just see "Grey's" and "DH" as having perfect scheduling chemistry, lol. But I don't doubt "Grey's" will do well in its new time slot. I just hope it can keep "phenomenon" status! :unsure:

• Members

I dont think it will lose many viewers. It's the only decent medical show on TV right now, medical shows always draw in huge audiences. ER started out fantastic but as of the past few seasons has been steadily declining. I beleive a lot of ER fans have flocked to Grey's.

• Members

Oh, I agree. "ER" is sooooooooooooooooooo over. Is it even in the top 40 anymore? :lol: If it is, you'd shock the hell outta me because that show has ZERO buzz. Especially in a land of "Grey's." It's like "Chicago Hope's" problem with "ER." Well, guess what, ER? You're not "CHICAGO HOPE"!!! :lol:

• Members

Well Grey's is now moved to Thursdays at 9, against CSI. I think if it had to go to Thursdays 10PM is where it should have gone to kill off ER. But they need the lead in from Grey's for new shows so I understand.

Archived