2006 Fall Upfronts

DaysnPassionsFan

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I saw that "Hope and Faith" is gone from ABC. Eh, never liked it, anyway.

And the battle of Denise versus Heather has no winners, pilot-wise: ABC passed on both "Women of A Certain Age" (Heather's pilot) and "Secrets of A Small Town" (Denise's pilot).

• Members

Here are the rumors I've heard regarding the network's schedules. (remember these are RUMORS)

ABC:

Grey's Anatomy will be moving to Mondays at 9, where it will be sandwiched between Ugly Betty and What About Brian?

Brothers and Sisters reportedly shoo-in for Sundays @ 10

The Nine will reportedly follow Lost at 10pm; Lost will reportedly premiere in November this year

This is how the Friday schedule REPORTEDLY will go

8pm: Dancing with the Stars Results

9pm: Six Degrees

10pm: Boston Legal

NBC:

BIG BIG BIG changes to schedule coming; here's the rundown I've heard.

Out of all the dramas on at 10pm, only L&O:SVU is staying in its timeslot next season. This is how I heard it will go

Mondays: Law & Order

Wednesdays: ER

Thursdays: Studio 60

Fridays: Medium

L&O: CI either moving to Friday or being held until midseason. Crossing Jordan WILL be held until midseason, along with Friday Night Lights.

Conviction has been cancelled

CBS:

Very little change; the Without a Trace Sunday night rumors are unfounded as of yet. Sunday movie moving to Saturday (?) Close to Home's odd looking better day after day. Rumor is one of the CSIs is moving to Tuesdays: Probably NY. Amazing Race 10 could end up on Friday nights. The Unit could be moved to 10pm, though.

FOX:

The OC allegedly moving to Friday nights. Bernie Mac could come back midseason with The Loop. Bones moving to Thursday is the word I'm getting. Vanished to fill time before 24 comes back. Idol result show reportedly moving to 8:30pm to accomodate 'Til Death/whatever other sitcom block at 9pm. The Winner is reportedly going to be on Sunday nights once it comes.

The CW:

No one knows what's going to happen, but I've heard rumblings that the CW and the WWE are close to coming to an agreement where Smackdown would be shortened to an hour come 2007.

More rumors from the abyss:

Reason for the ditching of Secrets of a Small Town is that every actor tested high with audiences with the exception of (you guessed it) Denise Richards, and she's second-billed (or third, I dunno :lol:). Reason for Women of a Certain Age not getting picked up: two words: it sucked.

7th Heaven renewal reportedly could be for midseason; word is one of the on the bubble CW shows has also gotten a 13 episode renewal. I hear it's either VM or Everwood.

Men in Trees and The Nine reportedly cancelling each other out as highest testing pilot for ABC's pilot season

Scrubs IS coming back next season...when, I don't know

Reportedly, ABC's got a big comedy block planned; they just don't know which night to put it on; Mondays or Tuesdays? Stay tuned.

Are Fridays going to be the new Tuesdays? Apparently, all of the networks are planning big competitve moves on Friday, and Thursday too.

HUGE cast turnover on one (or 2) of the L&Os next season. Three words, one prefix: ex-sitcom scenestealers invade.

4 Way Monday Night !@#$%^&*]fight between the big 4: Coming in November

Grey's Anatomy has already wasted $1.5 million of next season's budget; so if you see a quarantine episode, you know who told you.

ER could go absolutely anywhere and NBC wouldn't care THAT much.

Invasion could be headed to the CW if ABC doesn't pick it up.

Brothers and Sisters "too good for TV"? Or so I heard.

If Futurama does come back, wait a long time for it. Soonest it'll be on is fall 2007 most likely.

At least 2 networks are considering original programming on Saturday nights.

Deal or No Deal will go Monday/Friday come fall

No one knows when DWTS will start; anytime between August-December

Aquaman sucked more ass than a Malaysian prostitute

• Members

So Bernie Mac might come back mid-season? I had lost hope of any return, so I like hearing that. I heard CBS might do the same to King of Queens because of Kevin James upcoming movie schedule. I think the show deserves a proper send-off.

• Members

Screw ABC for getting rid of Freddie and Hope and Faith and keeping the garbage that is Lopez/Jim. I can't wait to see Jim's tumbling numbers next year and they should've kept Lopez/Freddie together. All the new comedies has zero youth, and once again it will go down as an unsucessful season for ABC. They kept none of their new shows expect for Brian.

• Members

Thanks for those scoops BingCherry...I actually wouldn't mind ER moving timeslots..I think that the Studio show deserves that 10pm timeslot, and ER could pull the numbers its pulling now on a different night...

• Members

Ulgy Betty sounds familar... like it's a remake of some other show I remember watching years ago.

And...

Sounds like "Close to Home," which I'm mad because it looks like the show won't be back... which is strange because it was doing great on Fridays vs when it was on Tuesdays. And I hope Scrubs is moved to Thursday too (or My Name is Earl and The Office is moved back to Tuesday), either way I have always wanted these shows together on the same night.

I heard that Futurama was being brought back, but in return King of the Hill was gone...

• Members

That absolutey stinks if true that "7th Heaven" comes back MIDSEASON!! Come on, what the hell? "Heaven" would ANCHOR the whole network, given its ratings beat every SINGLE WB and UPN show that would move to CW. Are these guys idiots? Have they absolutey gone bonkers?! Honestly.

Woo hoo for "The Loop" returning! Love that show.

And "OC" on Fridays? Damn, Fox definitely wants to cut it at four seasons.

See, I heard the opposite. And actually, hasn't "Hill" already received a full season order? I swear I read that somewhere. And besides, "Hill" just scored a record as longest running cartoon behind "The Simpsons" or something like that. Fox wouldn't dump a show like that without a proper sendoff. ;)

Anyway, what is ABC's problem? "Grey's" and "Housewives" work fine together right now and pull in the Nielsens well. Why switch up? Don't they realize "If it ain't broke don't fix it?" Then again, I'd love a good companion for "Brian," which is a quality show but has poor companion programming. Nothing to really lead it in. Hope next season's better because that show is a good relationship drama.

• Members

JERSoapfan, ABC is smart to move Greys Anatomy to monday..Its a very popular show and viewers will follow it to a new night..especially with a great season ender that leads us wanting more...

Right now ABC has all their eggs in one basket (sundays), except for Lost on wednesday nights...Moving Grey's, gives them an anchor for monday night and a chance at higher ratings for the night...

• Members

If you say so...but I've seen this same thing happen with other shows before. "Suddenly Susan," for those who didn't know, was the #2 show in America when it debuted, and stayed near the top of the ratings game its whole first season--then NBC came up with the silly idea of "Must She TV" on Mondays with "Caroline in the City" and a few other ditzy sitcoms. They thought the audience would follow...they didn't. The same was true for "3rd Rock from the Sun," though on a lesser scale. This has happened too many times to count with network shows but those two just come to mind at the moment. "Grey's" may have a different shot, and it not only has the ratings but the buzz and the writing to move to a different night, so maybe the viewers will follow. I hope they will. And I haven't heard anything but if it can give a leadin for "Brian" that would rock, lol. "DH" should be fine. It was before "Grey's" so perhaps I was freaking out for no reason.

• Members

You really can't compare Grey's Anatomy to Sudennly Susan or Caroline in the City..Those were shows that were ratings hits, only because they were after Friends, Seinfeld, or Frasier...and apart of must see tv...People were just to lazy to turn the channel and watched the shows out of habit..Neither were that great of shows...

Greys Anatomy has been getting higher ratings during Desperate Housewives lately, especially after the huge superbowl epsiode..and gets great ratings even when DH is a repeat..The show is huge right now..

Archived