No 'Aquaman' for Justin Hartley!

Toups

• Administrator

Kristin from E! Online is saying that the CW will not be picking up 'Aquaman' aka 'Mercy Reef.' :angry:

I was so looking foward to see Justin Hartley in primetime. With Alfred Gough and Miles Millar writing the pilot, I thought for sure the CW would pick up Aquaman. What the hell went wrong with the pilot? :(

Maybe Kristin is wrong, I hope so.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You have GOT to be kidding me :rolleyes:

I thought the all and mighty Les Moonves was ecstatic at the idea and the show and Justin ...

UGH.

I was looking forward to this too.

IMO, I think the CW execs got scared of launching a lot of new shows and decided to probably renew a lot of more high profile WB/UPN shows because they are a sure bet for an audience... I bet come next May a lot of older WB shows and UPN shows will end up facing the axe once the CW is established.

• Members

I really don't think it's that they don't WANT to have the new series, just that they aren't any good. From what I read on Zap2It.com, the trade papers are saying that their pilots are really bad. It also mentioned that it might get one of CBS's hand me downs. I'm sure a few new shows will come in, but this is good for the on the bubble shows like One Tree Hill, Pepper Dennis and Everwood.

I'd rather have strong lineup of good/established shows, than a bunch of new bad pilots that will tank. They still would have midseason to review things and add some pilots.

I'm not going to dog CW until I find something concrete thats negative. So far they seem very open-minded and it looks like we could have a nice lineup.

• Members

Well, canceling "Reba," which is probably the only truly funny sitcom on television these days, was a dumb mistake. HOPEFULLY they'll realize how [!@#$%^&*] dumb it was too and correct it.

AS for "Aquaman"'s failure, that's sad for Justin but if rumors are true that Mark is out, this could be GREAT for "passions!" -- if, of course, Justin gets over himself and realizes a soap job is better than no job.

• Members

OMG, did you see some of the comments on that site?

Case in point:

" 1 you dumbfucks its not a movie.. 2 how can a watterbal hurt? ho look at Aqua Ep form S5 of SV! he [!@#$%^&*] Clark up.... Aquaman ownz and u guys are just fanboys for more popular Heroes.

"

:lol:

Anyway, this show did look like it could be good. And Justin looked MIGHTY photogenic in primetime. Damn.

Archived