Footballer Wives Cancelled!

Cheap21

• Members

http://news.independent.co.uk/media/article361832.ece

Oh crap, thats horrible news. I just started getting into the show too and LOVE it. Ive only seen season 3 and 5 and now watching 4. I hate to see it go, espeically since the current season just ended on a cliffhanger. I wonder what this means for Extra Time. I cant see it staying. The article mentions a special, so I hope that at least lets the writers provide some type of resolution to the stories, especially Lucy's. What crappy timing, bc I just changed my signature and avatar only to read about this

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Season 5 was really lacking in any great stories up until the final episode of the season (and now, of the series as a whole), which really kicked ass. Seriously, the final scenes are amazing.

This is why I'm against the special goodbye episode, I dont want to know if...

*spoiler....dont go further down if you dont want to know*

Tanya unknowingly took rat poison that Garry had disguised as cocaine, as she was about to blackmail him over Roger's death.

I dont want to find out what affect the bottling would have on Liberty's career as well as on her relationship with Tre.

I dont want to know if Lucy ended up giving birth to a black baby...or if Bruno or Tre is the father

I DONT WANT TO KNOW

seriously, though, I am kinda glad its coming to an end, the last series just wasnt up to par with some of the rest. Sure, it could have been sorted, but TPTB just didnt seem to be into it anymore. However, I will miss it, alot. I'll just have to stock up on the DVDs.

• Members

well I really want to know about the Lucy predicament. I loved season and thought it was great. I guess it helps that it was the first season I saw and only now getting into the past ones bc of it, but I got invested in these characters and hate to see them go. I wish they could have had at least one more season in

• Members

I thought Season 5 was a return to form actually. I really got the impression the show was going back to what made it good in the first place - Season 4 went off track a bit. I liked that the Wives solidified as a united group towards the end. And Liberty and Tre were great additions - Tre especially had a lot of potential. Amber and Bruno were hilarious!

This news is really sad. FW was like my Dynasty fix! I hope Zoe Lucker and Laila Rouass get some good roles going forward. They were brilliant as Tanya and Amber (Christian Solwhathisname was also excellent as Jason during the first few seasons).

:(

• Members

LOVED Tremaine. That was my guy there. He did have alot of potential and I was looking forward to a feud with Bruno. I loved to hate Liberty. She was such a selfish !@#$%^&*] and added spice to the show. I thought the season was pretty good with them. Their story was actually my favorite

• Members

What killed this show (and so many others in the UK) is that actors are only signed to one year contracts. Because of this they had to give them more money each year which makes it too expensive to produce. This is why each year they have to revamp the cast bc nobody HAS to stay and if they do it costs them. I remmeber they had to pay Gary Lucy (Kyle) millions to stay for season three.

BTW, I read that Extra Time is likely to end as well. :( I wonder if it'll tie up any loose ends. I know Lucy is on that show right now. Shame Tanya never met her sister on screen.

• Members

I know this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! My favorite primetime soap of all time is cancelled......those bloody wankers why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok I admit it wasn't the same without my man Gary Lucy, Zoe Lucker, Alison Newman, or Ben Price. I'm gonna sooooooooo miss Tanya and Amber's !@#$%^&*]fests!!!!!

I don't see them keeping Extra Time either cause it depends on FW.

Well nothing is ever gonna come close to FW ever!!!!!! Well at least not here in the US.

The closest we got was Playmakers and I only watched it for one storyline. The guy who was getting married and was in the closet with a boyfriend. That story was well written. The guy was hella fine too.

Everything these days is getting cancelled . And they wonder why TV viewership is at an all time low. If they would quit being so trigger happy to cancel shows maybe people will watch them without being worried that it's gonna be cancelled right out from under them.

At least FW isn't going out with a wimper.

• Members

One thing I loved about the show was how each season opened up with a character talking to the camera recapping what happened the year before. For those who havent seen it, here's Tanya in the season 4 premiere. Its spoilerish if you havent seen season 3. Great clip recapping the !@#$%^&*]es' storyline from that year

Link

• Members

I never saw the season premieres for ET so I dont know. Yes ET has the same theme song. Its the same opening except I believe its green and says Footballers Wive$ Extra Time. The music during the show is even the same. You would think it were the same show except the writing is nowhere near on par

Bruno did teh one for season 5 but it was nowhere near as fun as when Tanya did it. I've only seen seasons 3, 5 and now Im in the middle of 4...lol. I loved the Jason recap Tanya did for season 3

Archived