AMC is stupid. Casting spoiler!!

• Members

Well, according to the new SOW, Janet is coming back in November for a few shows. But guess who is playing her?

KATE COLLINS!!!

Um, did AMC forget that Janet had plastic surgery and no longer looks like Natalie? That is why she almost fooled Trevor into marrying her. That is why it makes no sense to bring back Kate. If Robin Mattson was not available, which I doubt, they should have gotten someone else to play Janet.

AMC is so dumb.

Shari Headly is leaving, too . Though I am not suprised because when they said she was coming back it was only temp.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am beginning to see why many fans hate Megan McTavish. This was was a casting tidbit a few weeks ago. It said something like "One ABC soap is considering brining back a kooky character, but their plans could change if the actress they want doesn't want to return". It was something along that line.

• Members

AMC? Stupid?! And I didn't start this thread!? YAY....friends

Totally agree. And has anyone considered that Robin Mattson, who was indeed open to returning a few weeks ago, saw what they had planned and told them to screw off?

Maybe something along the lines of....oh I don't know...killing Brooke when she gets in the way of Jamie/Amanda's marriage?

• Members

I don't think it's that big of a deal. Soaps have done a lot worse. Plus, it's Kate Collins -- love her. I miss seeing her on TV.

Yeah, that was great! I loved when Harold the Dog interrupted the wedding after making a cross-country trip to reveal all!

WEDDING CLIP

• Members

I don't understand the uproar. What you guys are basically saying is that every.single.recast. should be explained or it's going against history.

To me, this is no different than them bringing on an entirely new actress in the role. Not a big deal, IMO. When Dynasty did their reunion, they brought back the original Steven and didn't bother with explaining it again.

• Members

it's different when it's a "return". If you're going to do a special, brief limited run return of a popular character -> you get the actress that defined the role and is most loved by fans or you don't do it at all.

I barely watch AMC and even I know Janet is Robin Mattson.

• Members

AMC is stupid? This news has caused a good bit of interest. I am willing to bet that everyone that has posted in this thread, whether they admit it or not will be tuning in when Kate Collins makes her return to see how it plays out. Yeah, I guess increasing the ratings is really stupid!

• Members

I know you will probably think that I am in pro-AMC denial, but I will believe that when I see it. I dont think Kate Collins would have agreed to come back either if this is the s/l planned. Are you saying that Kate Collins cares less than Robin Mattson?

• Members

LOL who knows what the reason was for bring back Kate Collins instead of Robin Mattson but either way this is good news! Kate Collins is one of the most beloved actresses to ever grace the AMC screen for her dual role as Natalie and her kooky sister Janet. LOL How can you put such a negative spin on something so positive. And for the record AMC is not getting rid of Shari, she only wanted short term. She signed on short term. So AMC isn't just giving her the boot. Please at least get your facts straight before you bash AMC :)

I am with Casey lol. I think AMC is getting better. We have gotten through the summer and are now onto what looks to be a promising fall.

• Members

Since when has MMT been responsible for casting? She doesnt write a story for a returning or new actor/actress. She writes a story for a character. Judy B. Wilson is the casting director.

Actually, Kate Collins is the originator of the role so she was the "definer". She had a much longer run on AMC than Robin and is arguably more popular. She is in my book anyway.

• Members

Personally, I think AMC asked Kate Collins to play Janet instead of Robin Mattson. Why? Because Kate lives in IL and can only do short term. Robin wants a contract. Frons doesn't want another 40+ actress on contract. And this has nothing to do with MMT since she doesn't make casting decisions.

Archived