AMC: Has anyone seen the casting news from SOW **SPOILER**

• Members

SOW is reporting that AMC has CONFIRMED that Rebecca Budig IS out!! She will be gone by years end.

And Kate Collins not Robin Mattson will be coming back as Janet in November!!

Janet%20Green.jpg

I wonder how they will explain how Janet's face is back to what it used to be? Remember Janet had surgery and thats how we got RM as Janet!

JG10.jpg

The article also says that an AMC exec confirms that they are working very hard to fill the void that RB will leave by bringing back a character with VERY strong ties to Pine Valley. I am hoping for ..Maybe Dixie??

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Not too sad about Greenlee. I liked her with Leo, but she was never the same after he went over that cliff.

Now, about Janet...... OMG! :o

Kate Collins coming back will be awesome -- she was always the best Janet. Sadly, I don't think this will be long term.

And yeah, how are they gonna explain the face turning back???

JG15.jpg

• Members

I know the story Janet is coming back for and trust me, it sucks. Think of what's going on with Amanda/Jamie right now....and think of some of the short arc stories McTavish did when she was at GH ...that's all I'll say.

Also, since we're talking about casting news: Mimi is GONE next week. So what was the point of Mimi/Garret? What was the point of Danielle/Garret? NOTHING. Poor Shari. They brought her back, ruined Mimi and tossed her out.

• Members

Do you mind telling me what they have planned for her? You can PM it to me if you don't want to post it on the board. :)

That's really sad. I was liking the whole Mimi/Garrett/Dani dynamic. I thought the family stuff (not counting the "Dragon") was really interesting.

• Members

I have never watched GH, can someone fill me in on this?

I dont see how you can spin Kate Collins coming back into something negative. I'm glad that Kate is making a return. She is a face from AMC's rating golden age that may bring some viewers back. I dont think it matters if the story is not the greatest in history. I'm really getting sick of the negativity about the state of AMC. I see improvement. Why not look at some of the bright side? Try to be optimistic instead of poo pooing every tid bit.

I'm sure the story with Mimi will be wrapped up, and I'm also sure that Shari Headley was paid for her work. She knew all along that her tenure was short term. She probably doesnt care about the character of Mimi any more than the majority.

• Members

Cool to hear Janet back!

Not shocked about Budig's exit. It was just a matter of time til ABC/AMC/mags confirmed it. She's gone by years end? Like, not November, like originally thought?

I LOVED Greens at one point. She was just ruined by the whole Ryan thing.

• Members

A long term return for Janet Green could give AMC the shot in the arm it so desperately needs. Its EMBRASSAING to watch, absolute trash at the moment. The storylines are horrendous and the characters written so badly they are bland. It absolutely deserves to be in the ratings gutter right now, McT cannot write for sh*t.

There are Marlands and Bells out there just waiting for a gig... i want AMC to hire new blood.

Archived