What About "What About Brian?"

JERSoapsFan

• Members

From zap2it.com, per JSF request: :P

Despite airing nearly a full night of reruns, CBS still managed to score an overall ratings win Monday. The premiere of NBC's "Celebrity Cooking Showdown" and the time-period debut of ABC's "What About Brian," meanwhile, were somewhat underwhelming.

CBS averaged a 7.8 rating/12 share for the night, holding off NBC's 7.2/11 for the win. FOX took third with a 6.6/10. ABC, 5.0/8, came in fourth. The WB's 3.0/5 was good for fifth, beating UPN's 2.1/3.

FOX grabbed the crown among adults 18-49, drawing a 4.5 rating in the ad-friendly demographic. CBS and NBC tied for second at 3.7, while ABC finished fourth with a 3.1. The WB averaged 1.7 and UPN 1.4.

NBC started the night on top as "Deal or No Deal" delivered a 9.2/15 at 8 p.m. FOX's "Prison Break" was second at 5.1/8. Repeats of "The King of Queens" and "How I Met Your Mother" averaged 4.8/8 for CBS, topping a "Wife Swap" rerun on ABC. The WB got a 3.4/6 from "7th Heaven." UPN trailed with "One on One" and "All of Us."

FOX's "24" won the 9 p.m. hour with an 8.0/12, edging CBS' "Two and a Half Men," 8.1/12, and "Old Christine," 7.8/12. "Supernanny" was third for ABC at 5.8/9, narrowly beating "Celebrity Cooking Showdown," which came in at 5.7/9 for NBC. "Everwood" kept The WB ahead of UPN's "Girlfriends" and "Half & Half."

A "CSI: Miami" rerun, 10.5/17, won the 10 p.m. hour for CBS. "Medium" returned from a month-long absence to post a 6.9/11 for NBC. "What About Brian" averaged 4.9/8 for ABC, well off its premiere numbers on Sunday.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Holy crap, did anyone see last night's ending? How that man helped the slutty housewife get her groceries in the back of her minivan and then he pushed her in the minivan, mounted her and closed the trunk! They totally nailed in the parking lot in a minivan trunk! So scandalous!! So adulterous. !@#$%^&*]!!! They never showed why the husband wife want an open marriage, have they? So in my book she's a SKANK!!

• Members

I hate that adulterous !@#$%^&*]!!! I want her husband to dump her skanky ass!!!

I love Brian and the new girl. Marjory can stay with her fiance...Brian is too good for her!!!

So sad that Brain's sister can't get pregnat!!!

Can't wait until next week!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

After basking in the glow of Barry Watson's other show--the AMAZING finale of "7th Heaven"--I'm not watching "Brian." And again, WHAT IS UP with this guy being so pissed that his WHORE of a wife is screwing another man? Once again, they BOTH agreed to have an open marriage! Not that I agree with the practice, I'm just saying, this is to be expected...

Anyway, it's just the fourth ep of "Brian" and already we have a season finale? Hmm..something's fishy here!!

• Members

OOOH, killer! At the end of tonight's season fnale, Adam found out about Brian and Marjorie's untapped lvoe affair!!! I LOVE IT!! I hope this show comes back too. It's a good show. It just needs a better night or lead-in. It can work.

Also: i'm glad Deenah the HO finally woke up and decided to fight for her marriage. Too bad her hubby's going in the opposite direction though and fucked that computer game slut! :lol:

• Administrator

Great season finale!! Loved two scenes in particular in this episode. The first one: When Dave and Adam sees Deena go into the motel room, Adam says, "You have a right to kill him, SHE IS YOUR WIFE!" The way he delivered that line, I could feel that he really does love Marjorie. The second scene: Of course the final scene with Brian/Marjorie fighting and Adam watching them. The fight was so intense and I loved how the scene was forshadowed at the beginning with the 4 guys in the van.

Can't wait to see it next season (the Hollywood Reporter is reporting that the show has been picked up! woooohooo!). Hopefully ABC will pair this show up with Grey's Anatomy.

• Members

Just saw the last episode, and wow, wow wow! I loved the ending when Adam found out about Bri/Majorie. I did like Brian/Lisa B too lol. This show is too good to pass up on, I'm glad ABC is keeping it around.

• Members

Oh, me too, Tina. This show is nice and soapy and funny and endearing. Marjorie and Brian are so cute together. It's a fun relationship show. It doesn't have to be Shakespeare but it's entertaining.

Just two things.

Now that deenah gave up her whole sexcapades with the her daughter's friend's father, I'm sad to see her husband has finally had an affair. Just when you thought this couple was going to make it, lol.

And what about ADAM? What if he just heard the mumbling of Brian and Marjorie and just gets mad that they're fighting but doesn't know exactly what it's about? Hm...I'm excited to see what happens, either way.

Archived