What About "What About Brian?"

JERSoapsFan

• Members

I can't believe no one on the Soap Opera Network has said anything about "What About Brian," the hot new ABC primetime soap that previewed after "Desperate Housewives" and officially premieres tonight? I liked it! It was fresh and sexy. I couldn't believe I liked that "Saved by the Bell" girl as much as I did but Brian and Marjorie are definitely rootable. Great show!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes, what a great show. I'm sad that it wont get a chance to do well. I loved Brian, I think Barry Watson is doing a great job in this show. Brian and Marjori! I love them. I give the show an A. Can't wait for a new episode tonight.

and "car girl"/Karen looked so familar.

• Members

From Zap2it.com:

ABC, 'Brian' Lead Easter Parade

New show gets decent ratings on quiet Sunday

April 17 2006

Barry Watson of 'What About Brian'Fast National ratings for Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Sunday was a relatively quiet one on the ratings front, with ABC winning the night and new series "What About Brian" getting off to a solid but hardly overwhelming start.

ABC averaged a 7.8 rating/14 share for the night to score a comfortable win over NBC, 6.3/11. CBS finished third with a 5.9/10. FOX, 3.0/5, was fourth, and The WB trailed with a 1.4/2.

Among adults 18-49, ABC's 5.1 rating was tops, almost doubling the 2.7 for second-place NBC. FOX, 2.4, grabbed third in the demographic coveted by advertisers, beating out CBS' 2.1. The WB averaged 0.9.

CBS started the night on top, getting a 6.4/13 from "60 Minutes" at 7 p.m. "Dateline," 4.2/9, put NBC in second in households, but ABC's "America's Funniest Home Videos," 4.0/8, had more total viewers. FOX averaged 1.9/3 with "Malcolm in the Middle" and "King of the Hill," good enough to beat an hour of "Reba" on The WB.

"Cold Case," 8.5/15, held the lead for CBS at 8 p.m. ABC improved to 6.6/12 with "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition." NBC came in third with "The West Wing," while FOX took fourth with a "Simpsons" rerun, 3.4/6, and "The War at Home," 3.3/6. "Charmed" scored a 1.9/3 for The WB.

"Desperate Housewives" moved ABC into first place at 9 p.m. with a 12.1/19, the night's best rating. NBC moved up to second with "Law & Order: Criminal Intent," 7.6/12. Part two of the CBS miniseries "Covert One: The Hades Factor" posted a 4.7/7. A "Family Guy" rerun, 3.9/6, and a second "War at Home," 3.4/5, kept FOX in fourth. The WB went with a "Pepper Dennis" rerun.

The debut of "What About Brian" averaged 8.4/14 for ABC at 10 p.m., just beating NBC's "Crossing Jordan," 8.3/14. CBS' movie finished with a 4.2/7.

• Members

LOL Kirk. But it's like I said, the ratings normally increase after "DH" to "Grey's." Here, they dropped. That's not a good sign. But I'm glad it did okay and not beyond hope. There's definitely hope with those numbers -- now watch someone post the true tell-tale sign, the zap2it.com ratings release on Monday's regular eppy!!

Archived