Days: The Kaman Love

razor32always

• Members

Remember when Days didn't used to...um suck (for lack of a more politially correct word0? August 2002, I was sucked back into Days after taking a long hiatus from the show. The TV happened to be on NBC for whatever reason, and Kate and Roman were in that elevator at the Penthouse Grille. My life has never been the same since then.

Old School Kaman with all the fireworks and banter. They wanted each other so bad way back when, and it finally all came together the summer of '02. Josh and Lauren proved to me that they had what I could only have dreamed they had and so much more. And then they kissed, and ooh la la, what a kiss it was. Love in an elevator and all that jazz.

They got a little off track when Higley took over. I wasn't all that thrilled with the way their "I love you"s came about, but oh well. I was already drawn in hook, line, and sinker by then. ""Sigh**

And then Reilly took over. It was stupid and contrived what he did to these two, but he did give us fans a beautiful Christmas Eve proposal and wedding.

I want the real Kate and Roman back. I miss them. They were once my favorite couple in daytime, and they still hold such a special place in my heart. Please return them. I want the by-the-book Captain Romeo and the redeemed yet still b*tchy Bracelets to return. Until that happens, I'm going to go on spreading the Kaman love and remembering the couple that captured my heart three years ago.

Nikki

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's just something about the by the book cop and the b*tchy exhooker with a huge chip on her shoulder that stole my heart - and I haven't looked back since.

I want MY Kaman back - not this pod people simulation that I see on my TV screen now.

• Members

What Josh and Lauren have is magnetic. I'm counting down the seconds and watching clips from way back when until the Kate and Roman I once knew returns to Salem.

Remember the Valentine's day scenes from '03? When Roman had to leave, but he didn't before that little kiss from Kate. Or Christmas Eve '02 with the little peck on the check?

**Sigh** Those moments are what I call pure magic.

Nikki

• Members

OMG Nikki - those scenes that you mentioned were awesome weren't they???? The Vday Dance on the Tuscany terrace was soooo good and soooo sad! Now that's the real Kaman!!

The Tuscany terrace scene after the wedding was great too wasn't it?????

• Members

Hartless, I never know you were a Kate and Roman fan. Nice to have some more people on board. I wanted Kate and Roman to get together way been when Roman was hooking up with Billie. I knwo that sounds nasty, but I saw a little something between Josh and Lauren back than that I so wanted explaored.

Darraholic, I can't say I much blame you for not liking them now. Reilly's incarnations of them are aweful. I hardly recognize either of the characters right now. He definitely ruined a good thing. I'm still taking a ride on the Kaman love train though because when I think back to what they had all those years ago (so it wasn't THAT long ago, but it feels like it) I can't hekp by smile.

And Twing babe, it's so nice to have you hanging out over here in this thread. **Sigh** the post weding terrace scene brings a tear to my eye. It was so beautiful. I love that he came back to give her one last kiss good-bye.

Nikki

• Members

I loved Kate and Roman before they started. I noticed the sparks and potential chemistry back when she was working at the Diner and I REALLY wanted those two together. Figures when I dropped the show, they finally decided to put them together. I rooted for them though at a distance and was rooting for them after Roman came back. It sucks that they are over but hopefully they'll reunite

• Members

I've been rooting from a distance over the past couple years too. Ever since Reilly took over, for the most part, Kate and Roman have become shells of their former selves. From Caroline's "death" to Roman's "death", the couple I fell in love with were there. The brief reunion when Roman came back from the island was sweet too, but other than that, Reilly has ruined a great thing.

I was going to mention this in my last post, but I forgot. I loved the John/Kate relationship for a very long time. They worked well together as close friends, and I enjoyed their sibling-like relationship. It really isn't the Kaman fan in me saying this. I swear on The Man of Steel's life and the success of my Sabres that I would be anti-John/Kate if Roman had never been in the picture. When things turned romantic between the two of them, it gave me the willies.

Oh, and I've still got my philanges crossed that one of these days Kate and Roman will remember that they belong together. They fought so hard to be together, and it's as though now that Roman is back, what's the point? Give me my Kaman back.

One last thing, Cheap, I LOVE the SkyLo banner. Very nice.

Nikki

• Members

yeah the real Kaman has pretty much been non-existent since Roman came back - there have been glimpses here and there though, not enough moments IMO but I'm so Kaman deprived that I look forward to each little crumb we're thrown. I still have faith that the Kaman will get back together, ITA Nikki they've been through to much to be together not too.

I didn't mind John and Kate until it turned "romantic" then it turned my stomach. As long as they were friends all was cool though IMO. Just keep them far far far away from each other now thank-you-very-much.

• Members

I'm not too sure how I feel about John and Kate going back to the way they were before now either. There's obviously going to be some interaction there, but at this point, I definitely want it to be minimal.

I was willing to take the crumbs for awhile too. When I hear of a really really good, can't miss Kaman scene, I'll actually try to make a point to watch Days. Unfortunattely, that hasn't happened in months. A person can only live on crumbs for so long before he or she needs something substantial. I'm not willing to settle for anything less unless it is something extra special.

Remember when Roman stuck by Kate after Cassie's "murder"? That's the Kaman that I want back on my screen.

Nikki

• Members

Nikki introduced me to Kaman back in 2003 when I was going through a hard time, I immediately fell head over heels in love with the couple.

Since then the ups and downs have been somewhat good.. I just want a payoff. I don't want Kate to interfer with her kids lives. I mean I LOVE LUMI. If Lucas is happy, Kate should be happy for him. Sigh.. I want Kate and Roman to reunite and soon.. my patience is wearing thin.

Archived