'Dynasty' Reunion - "Catfights and Caviar"

KMan101

• Members

To be honest, I don't care if John James is there, LOL. I do wish Diahann Carroll and Heather Locklear would've appeared on it, though.

I'm glad that they chose the "best" of the Carrington children, as far as I'm concerned anyway. I am sort of surprised Catherine Oxenberg is appearing on it, because the show did the best it could to completely wipe her character out of existence after she was fired. After her horrible replacement, Karen Cellini, left, didn't Blake and Alexis begin to talk about their "3 children" instead of 4?

She was on Falcon Crest. Dynasty did have Leann Hunley from Days, though, as Dana Carrington.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The real shock to me is that Pamela Sue Martin came back! She's said time and time again that she couldn't wait to get off the show and that they ruined her character (which is true). She also turned down The Colbys, Season Nine and the Reunion.

Kristian Alfonso wasn't my favorite on Falcon Crest, but i haven't seen the series in so long I don't know what I'd think of her now! Mariska Hargitay was also on the show when she was around. I DO remember her and she completely sucked.

Leann Hunley was pretty good on Dynasty, I was so sad to see her go just as Dynasty went into it's second best season. All her complaints, the forced upon static acting and bad writing were thrown out with David Paulsen running the show. She was in one episode of this season and would've totally rocked if she decided to stay. :(

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Apr 16 2006, 09:18 AM)

The real shock to me is that Pamela Sue Martin came back! She's said time and time again that she couldn't wait to get off the show and that they ruined her character (which is true). She also turned down The Colbys, Season Nine and the Reunion.

Kristian Alfonso wasn't my favorite on Falcon Crest, but i haven't seen the series in so long I don't know what I'd think of her now! Mariska Hargitay was also on the show when she was around. I DO remember her and she completely sucked.

Leann Hunley was pretty good on Dynasty, I was so sad to see her go just as Dynasty went into it's second best season. All her complaints, the forced upon static acting and bad writing were thrown out with David Paulsen running the show. She was in one episode of this season and would've totally rocked if she decided to stay. :(

I didn't know that she had problems. What were her complaints?

• Members

Starting with like season three, the insane Esther Shapiro was intent on making Dynasty #1 so she through out logic and started making the show more and more outrageous. One of her other things was that the actors couldn't move their bodies during scenes and had to just stand there. The moron thought it would make them look poised, instead they looked like robots. She dubbed this "static acting" in one of her exit interviews. If you watch the first episode of season nine, you see the difference in everyones performances.

• Members

B)-->

QUOTE(Chris B @ Apr 16 2006, 12:57 PM)

Starting with like season three, the insane Esther Shapiro was intent on making Dynasty #1 so she through out logic and started making the show more and more outrageous. One of her other things was that the actors couldn't move their bodies during scenes and had to just stand there. The moron thought it would make them look poised, instead they looked like robots. She dubbed this "static acting" in one of her exit interviews. If you watch the first episode of season nine, you see the difference in everyones performances.

Now that one I kew. I had read that in several interviews, and also had noticed it myself when I was watching, always thinking "How do they sit on the damn toilet like that?"

• Members

The only cast members from a show that I heard got a great deal was M*A*S*H*. IA that it is a shame that that show was on for 8 years and they get nothing. But, none of these shows do, unless the cast members own a piece of them.

• Members

Shane, John was on ATWT and I thought he looked alright.

BTW, the reason the Dynasty cast doesn't get money is because they foolishly took a pay out during the series. So it's not like they aren't getting anything period, they just took their money at the height of the series so that was a bad move on their part.

• Members

It's sad that so many actors care about money over art. Can't any of them just be proud of the work they created?

I know things can change when you become famous, but I like to think that if I was a relatively wealthy actor or actress who had been part of such a huge series as "Dynasty," that I would want to be on a reunion like this simply because it would be fun to catch up and talk about old times. Selfishness never ceases to amaze me. I mean, come on Heather Locklear: how much money do you need?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for the article. Everyone looked like they had a great time. John looked good, as did everyone, and I'm glad that een with salaries and such, they could get together and do this thing. This will probably be the last time we see all of them in that mansion.

As gordon said, if this is John's last television appearance, I'm so very glad he decided to do this with his t.v. family.

Archived