'Dynasty' Reunion - "Catfights and Caviar"

KMan101

• Members

Yep. CBS! Go figure, LOL, since it was really ABC that aired the original series.

Oh well.

It's scheduled to air May 2nd.

According to zap2it, Catherine Oxenberg (Amanda #1), John Forsythe (Blake), Linda Evans (Krystle), Joan Collins (Alexis) and Al Corley (Steven #1) will be in attendance. They said others will be too so, we'll see...

OOH, to add, I just read at Futon Critic that Gordon Thomson (Adam) and Pamela Sue Martin (Fallon #1) will be there too.

Yay. :lol:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought this was posted her before, I've known who was going to be there for ages. BTW, Emma Samms and Pamela Belwood were asked, but couldn't make it and might tape segments like Nicolette Sheridan and Alec Baldwin did for the Knots reunion.

Also, John James, Dihann Carroll and Heather Locklear were the other people offered spots and they turned it down.

• Members

Hmm... I don't recall ever seeing a thread on this. Odds are I'm wrong and it got buried and I missed it... LOL. Sorry if it's old news but it was worth the reminder.

I really hope Emma Samms and ESPECIALLY Pamela Bellwood (Claudia; one of my all time favorites - loved her) tape segments. That'd rock.

I'm a bit surprised Carroll, James and Locklear turned this down. Maybe not so much Locklear but moreso Carroll and James. Interesting.

• Members

The thread I'm thinking of is probably about the Dynasty movie. I was just shocked in general, because I had read about this at the shouldpads.net website.

I'm uber shocked about Carroll and James as well! Carroll is always talking about the show on different things, so why not reunite? And what is John James ever doing? He was the one constant on Dynasty so it will be weird without him. I wish they had at least done a taped segment (Locklear too).

• Members

Claudia was Matthew Blaisdel's wife and eventually married both Steven and Adam. She was mentally unstable and had breakdowns in both seasons 2 and 6 (which led to the fire at La Mirage).

Kathleen Beller played Kirby, Joseph the butler's daughter.

I can't wait for the reunion! I'm especially looking forward to seeing Pamela Sue Martin since she was my favorite actress on the show.

• Members

There are alot of people on that show who owe their careers to Dynasty. I don't know why JJ has decided that he is too good to be on the reunion. Also with Carroll and Locklear. Maybe they felt they were not getting paid enough to be in the reunion, and that's a damn shame.

• Members

I agree with you guys! Nicolette Sheridan was out of the country when Knots Landing shot it's reunion and being on a HUGE show now, she didn't need to do the special, but she went out of her way to do it. Then you have Alec Baldwin who was just nominated for a fricking Oscar talking about how brilliant Knots is. He even pimped the show on Kennedy Family Honors while giving Julie Harris a career achievement award.

Locklear should really be ashamed of herself for not just taping a segment. And I'm really not sure why John James would turn it down. For the Knots reunion, some actors said they were contacted days before the reunion filmed and couldn't make it to the taping. Still, Belwood and Samms are willing to film separate interviews, so the others should as well.

Maybe there is bad blood somewhere, we know with those evil Shapiros there was lots of it on Dynasty, lol. But if that were the cast all the Carrington kids who ARE there wouldn't be. Locklear and James were treated very well while on Dynasty.

• Members

Theres an interview by Gordan Thomson on TVGuide.com. Here's just 2 of the questions

TVGuide: Who will we see at the reunion?

Thomson: The big news was that John Forsythe was there. He has never done a reunion show. It was John, Joan Collins (Alexis), Linda Evans (Krystle), Al Corley (Gay Steven No. 1), Pamela Sue Martin (Fallon No. 1), Catherine Oxenberg (Amanda) and myself. Just the seven of us.

TVGuide: Emma Samms — the other Fallon — recently returned to General Hospital. Why isn't she included in this show?

Thomson: I don't know! I do know that their budget was small. I know that put off John James and Diahann Carroll (Dominique). The big lack for me is J.J. because he started off as Jeff Colby in the pilot and stayed right through. They spun off The Colbys with his character, and then he came back to Dynasty for the last season with Emma Samms. He was integral to the success of the show. I'm sure he was appalled at the money [the reunion's producers] were offering. I was appalled, too, but I couldn't afford to say no — and he can! [Laughs]

• Members

Well, that answers that. Like I figured. They turned it down because of the money. And it shows what kind of people the ones who did show up are. Out of all those cast members only seven decided to do it? I understand they want a nice payday, but if it were not for Dynasty, would we have heard of any of them?

Also, I do believe that, no matter what she says in interviews, she's still tick about how they treated her chracter when she was on there.

Archived