"Real World" Does Denver

Ryan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I started with "Paris" in 2003, but I had long been accompanied with "that damn show with the people that's always on MTV on the weekend afternoons."

For some reason, I grew up hating it without really watching it because I was too young to really understand the concept, but now I would kill to see the earlier seasons, particularly any of the stuff from the late 1990s and early 2000s.

Eh, it's been okay lately, but there's so much cliche involved with it. Every year, there's been at least one gay guy in the house since Paris, save for Austin (which I'm not completely sure that Wes was above a little flirtation while drunk). There's always the black girl with sense, the black guy who has too much pride, the jock, the blonde !@#$%^&*], the girl who is either fat or has some other kind of self-image problem...

It's been done before. I have no problem watching it die out and having the reruns air in its place.

• Members

I always start watching them but never actually finish a season....

I LOVED San Francisco.... Puck vs. Pedro. Pedro getting married, and at the end of the season learning Pedro had died. :(

Hawaii was great for the over-the-top-drama brought on by the blond !@#$%^&*] (Amanda?) and her obsession with Colin.

Ruthie's alcoholism was riveting, and Tek ruled.

I watched some of New Orleans but don't remember much.... I vaguely remember a girl saying she hated to sweat (I think she was chinese) and during sex would tell the guy to stop so they could cool off or something... and Danny making out with some guy and cheating on another (or something along those lines).

Las Vegas gave us Trishelle, who has been on EVERY reality star show since. :rolleyes:

• Members

I started watching during the San Francisco season. I thought that San Francisco, Seattle, Hawaii, and Chicago were good. I think the show started going downhill since Paris though.

It's never going to get cancelled. There's always going to be a core audience with teenagers who will watch any crap that MTV produces.

Archived