What Are You Listening To?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Tell a friend

Love Soap Opera Network Community? Tell a friend!
    • There is some stuff for me to nitpick here: * The Wes Parmalee story was definitely a misfire but did it really matter in the scheme of things? Even in its best days, the show had its fair share of dud stories; Dallas for better or for worse wasn't a well-plotted show (much better than Dynasty, mind you). You tuned in because it had great characters. * Killing Bobby was the mistake. Boy, did Duffy f*** up there.  But, yeah, the dream was... a bold choice. That I could have almost accepted if they had been coherent how they tied the loose ends. But it was a last minute bit of cleverness and they clearly hadn't thought the follow-up through. Any fan can list the long list of things that were left over from "before the dream" that it made no sense not to be addressed again if the dream season was a dream. * I personally think Kristin was a powerful character when she was on but her value would have dwindled over time and I am not upset she was written out. I do not agree she had years of stories in her although they could have kept her alive and sprung her for a surprise revenge later (typically the kind of character it would have been fun to bring back for the lead-up to a JR comeuppance finale). * I don't think Jenna was a well-written character but she provided a useful obstacle for Pam/Bobby and I was OK with that. And the minute you accept a different actress playing the same character, you have to suspend disbelief as to the inconsistencies with the earlier tale. It wasn't absurd to revisit it and it was quickly resolved so ... fine. Again, Dallas wasn't that good at plotting but the character interaction worked in the grand scheme of the Pam/Bobby story. * Lucy was useless from Day One.
    • I like Gizelle too! But I also love Karen. Their banter is A+. I pretty much can find something to enjoy with everyone on Potomac (yes, even Candiace).    Beverly Hills is (almost) the opposite for me, which is why I won’t be watching. I just don’t find these women likable. At all. It’s unpleasant as a viewer. Those first 2-3 seasons (and select later moments like Amsterdam) were brilliant, though.
    • I am half of mind to start a "soap plot points from the 80s-90s that wouldn't fly today" thread  and yeah, that definitely would make the list.  
    • By comparison, the Cheers finale a few years later got a 45.5 rating. Even Frasier and Family Ties, which were not the blockbuster hits that Dallas was, had higher rated finales. Shows how much they had alienated the show’s once-huge audience.
  • Recent Status Updates

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy