What Are You Listening To?

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Tell a friend

Love Soap Opera Network Community? Tell a friend!
    • In the event that a soap does get canceled today, I wonder what future it'll have on streaming. When Passions went to DirecTV they said it was a big success, but of course canceled it once they got their subscribers, then they moved onto primetime shows. AMC and OLTL were successful on Hulu and OWN, but were ahead of the curve when it came to streaming. Say DAYS does leave NBC, I wonder if they'd consider moving it to streaming. You can't convince me it wouldn't be a big hit. It probably could be what Peacock needs to be saved since DAYS fans would have to flock to it to keep watching.
    • Most networks were thinking about getting out of soaps at that time and Passion was the first that went, then Guiding Light and As The World Turns, then of course One Life To Live and All My Children. The truth is that General Hospital was next to go if they hadn't seen that the replacements weren't doing well (I think NBC ultimately ended up giving up Passions time slot to affliaties, but I might be wrong) and that's what's so far kept the remaining soaps on air. They know if they lift them off at this point they'll not only get replacements doing worse, but also likely affect the rest of the remaining daytime line up negatively. I assume they've figured the remaining soaps DO have a unique audience that won't tune in unless there's a soap on air.
    • From India       Please register in order to view this content
    • Well I definitely applaud them. Yes, they could have done much much better at least with one of them storylines. But the messages were never lost on me. I was more than touched by Stuart and Lily. @j swift what did you feel about Spike storyline? I remember being so happy they were giving that to one of Erica’s grandchildren.    Stuart portrayal was like a combination of many different types of disorders imo. He represented to me a lot of the fredo Corleone’s of the world. He was so relatable, I saw so many people I knew in him.  I saw some of myself in Stuart, he inspired me, gave me hope too. I’m sure Agnes could have done a better job at giving him a clear illness, I’m fine with the way things played out though. I have a cousin who is kinda special needs(not sure if that’s the right term, my apologies if it isn’t) and he has went on to have many relationships and have children. I don’t believe he’s capable of taking care of himself or the children, but he has them.   I do agree with you, about these missed opportunities, especially with Lily and Jonathan. Do you think every social issue or Character driven storyline is soapy enough, to be told?!     Are you guys excited to hear Wisner Washam new interview?   
    • I strongly doubt  Valentini,  Van Etten and O'Conner know who Conner is. Conner was a fairly obscure character to begin with.
  • Recent Status Updates

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy