KNOTS LANDING out on DVD today!

Chris B

• Members

Knots Landing, the superior spin-off from Dallas is out today! The exciting first season is without Donna Mills, but you get appearances from Larry Hagman, Patrick Duffy and Charlene Tilton from Dallas!

Highlights include....

- Laura's rape

- Val's floozy mother returns

- Gary hits rock bottom with his alcoholism for the first time

- Ginger is stalked by someone who knows a deep dark secret from her past

- Sid's rebellious daughter and ex-wife show up

- Karen has a miscarriage

So if you know whats good for you--pick it up!

00knots.jpg

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The first season is one of my favorites! Yes it's self contained, but they are VERY strong self contained episodes here. Now the one I don't like is the second season. We get Donna Mills, but it's still self contained and there are only so many self contained plots you can do, it got old real fast, lol.

But things got back on track with season three and the excellence returned with season four and never left! :P

• Members

I'll be getting this sooner or later, definitely. I've only seen one episode from the season (the first episode), so it'll be interesting to view the rest of the earlier episodes.

Of course, I've barely even seen the show, but I've always been lead to believe that the fourth season was the best. The summaries definitely seem like the most exciting...

• Members

Which should be called "When Dynasty BECAME Dynasty".

I've never seen any of KL. I was so wrapped up in Dallas and Dynasty, I thought that KL would be boring by comparison (please don't kill me). Coiuld anyone tell me a little about it, and how especially Gary evolved over ther years.

• Members

from what I understand from the Knots reunion, while not seeing the show:

- Gary gets drunk

- Gary sleeps with Abby

- Gary gets drunk

- Gary divorces Val and marries Abby

- Gary and Val have twins

- Twins stolen by evil doctor

- Gary gets drunk

• Members

I actually loved Ted Shackelford, he was so hot and Ackroyd was a little dark for me. I wish we had seen Shackelford with Miss Ellie more since he was her favorite son.

BTW, Gary doesn't actually get drunk that often, by season four or five he's completely finished with that.

The middle years are very, very soapy with season long arcs that are just brilliantly executed. The later years of the show are centered around the Sumner Group with Nicolette Sheirdan and William Devane running things.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived