ARTICLE: Original Co-Host Holly Robinson Peete Returning to ‘The Talk’ for the First Time in 11 Years

• Webmaster
Holly Robinson Peete, Hallmark Channel, Hallmark, The Talk

On Monday, June 20, original co-host Holly Robinson Peete returns to “The Talk” for the first time since the show’s inaugural 2010-2011 television season. She joins the current co-hosts for a chat about her new movie, “The Journey Ahead,” which premieres in August on Hallmark Movies & Mysteries among other topics, including Juneteenth, America’s newest federal holiday.

Leah Remini, Cameron Mathison, Holly Robinson Peete, The Talk, #TheTalk
Leah Remini, Cameron Mathison and Holly Robinson Peete (2011 photo from the set of “The Talk”)
Photo by Cliff Lipson/CBS

In a preview of her appearance, Peete points out, “It has been 11 years” since she last appeared on the daytime talk show and that it felt “amazing” to be back on set. “I’ve wanted to come back for a long time, you know. Timing is everything, it’s all about timing, right? Everything in life is about timing. So, you know, started here for the very first season, it was a crazy season but I feel like we did a good job in setting the table for obviously a show, and I heard you guys just got picked up for [season] 13. So, I’m just happy to be back.”

This year the show will celebrate Juneteenth, which the actress notes, “I grew up with Juneteenth, we had fish fries every year, it was a whole thing, so it’s funny to see like the world celebrating.”

Watch a clip from Peete’s appearance below.

Meanwhile, at the end of the week, look for “Entertainment Tonight” hosts Kevin Frazier and Nischelle Turner to stop by and discuss their hosting “The 49th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards” which airs Friday, June 24 at 9:00 p.m. ET/delayed PT on CBS.

What follows is a breakdown of scheduled guests for the week (subject to change):

• Monday, June 20 – Original host and actress Holly Robinson Peete returns to discuss her new television film; Juneteenth celebrated with acclaimed chef Millie Peartree with her special cookout menu
  • Tuesday, June 21 – Actor and author David Duchovny discusses his new book “The Reservoir”
  • Wednesday, June 22 – Actor Adam Scott
  • Thursday, June 23 – Actor and comedian Rob Corddry; The Talk’s “Pride Month Game Changers” series continues with Sameer Jha, founder of The Empathy Alliance, a non-profit organization dedicated to making schools safer and more inclusive for LGBTQ+ youth
  • Friday, June 24 – Actors Lil Rel Howery and son Judah Howery discuss their new series; co-hosts Kevin Frazier and Nischelle Turner (“Entertainment Tonight”) discuss hosting “The 49th Annual Daytime Emmy Awards”

Currently in its 12th season, “The Talk” panel consists of Akbar Gbajabiamila, Amanda Kloots, Jerry O’Connell, Natalie Morales and Sheryl Underwood. The series airs weekdays at 2:00 p.m ET on CBS.

Note: The post Original Co-Host Holly Robinson Peete Returning to ‘The Talk’ for the First Time in 11 Years appeared first on the Soap Opera Network website.

Read More

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic