Stacy Haiduk Back to ‘Days of our Lives’ as Kristen DiMera

Errol

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Can she at least watch Eileen for a few minutes? Her delivery is awful. She always seems clammy and breathy. Kristen is not a stereotypical TV mental institution bipolar woman, but that's how she plays her. I've said it before, but she's good on prime time... her approach surely should be more malleable.

• Members

I agree.

Honestly I like her Susan. LOL. It's her Kristen that needs work. I'm not saying she has to 'copy' Eileen but Eileen just has the entire 'vibe' of Kristen down pat. Stacy's Kristen feels so different.

Meanwhile, lol, I told all the Stacy stans to chill when it came out Eileen would be Kristen in Beyond Salem. 

I'm glad Kristen is around for the possession 2.0. (though I'd prefer Eileen's Kristen for this, sorry not sorry) I assume this isn't a drive by? 

Less crying, more scheming and less breathy psycho eyes

And sorry but I'll just never buy Kristen so madly in love with Brady Black. Eileen's Kristen would have laughed at him and taken Rachel and run.

And Eileen's Kristen has a far better wardrobe. I think more effort could be taken on Stacy's Kristen but they seem to want her to be this version of weepy, crying, madly in love with Brady and only goes psycho for plot purposes when Ron needs to write her out ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

@KMan101 100% SH will never be ED nor should she be. Except for her scenes with SS, the writing almost always make Kristen utterly unlikeable. Did they really have to have Kristen stab Victor to send her to prison? ED's Kristen would've never do something so basic.

The obsession with Brady/Chloe was insipid and insulting.

I hope Kristen is given an opportunity and decent material to play in MarDevil 2.0 since she was so important in 1.0. Plus, it would give Kristen a 'reform' opportunity. 

SH as Susan is totally fine given the material. Honestly, SH does her best work as 'Kristen as Susan.' Having Susan on a couple of times a month since EJ is back would be plenty. As if Susan wouldn't be giving showbiz advice to Johnny....  

• Members

LOL Susan with Johnny writes itself. Ron must have gotten distracted by MarDevil.

I agree she did a good job with 'Kristen as Susan'. She felt more like 'Kristen' at times to me. She's capable of giving me a Kristen I can be content with long-term if Eileen won't commit but the writing lacks and Stacy plays her *so* differently. I'd like something different because I think it could work.

Stacy did well with "Shoot The Bride" (even if it was a bit campier than Eileen's Kristen would have been) and even with the 'Kristen as Nicole' stuff. It's there. But they write FOR Eileen as Kristen. They don't write Stacy AS Kristen. If that makes *any* sense. I wish I could explain it better. They have (though I imagine Shoot The Bride was written with Eileen in mind)

Edited by KMan101

• Members

The best scenario: ED returns for short arcs as Kristen. Keep SH as Susan - especially with EJ, Johnny and Dr. 'MarDevil' Evans - and maybe even limited times where 'Susan as Kristen' works to move story forward as during ED gaps. Certainly, Susan/Kristen teaming up via Kristen manipulation has been well-established. 

For those who say 'Kristen has committed too many crimes' to be on canvas, Ben Weston says 'hi' 

Please register in order to view this content