Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

A Brooks Sister Returns To Y&R

• Members

Patricia Bruder (Ellen Stewart), born in 1936, played the mother of John Colenback's Dan Stewart on As the World Turns for years. Colenback, born in 1935, was a year older than Bruder. John Reilly, who also played Dan for a while, was born in 1934. It was all so ridiculous. 

In the Y&R case, if the show wants Brooks Prentiss to be a new and viable leading man, gratuitously and arbitrarily making him be in his 60s is counter-productive . If Brooks is said to be in his 60s, that would age Leslie to 90+.

No thanks.

• Members
14 hours ago, Soapsuds said:

Billy should be in his 30s  and Brooks should be in his late 40s not in his mid 60s.

Kinda my point and pointing out the show doesn't give a [!@#$%^&*]. Yes of course they should.

• Members

Given there does indeed seem to be age discrepancy, I also wonder if Ashland is actually going to turn out be Theo’s actual dad, just faked his death and came up with a new identity? Sounds ridiculous but this is Josh Griffith’s Y&R in 2021 so of course something dumb/off would occur like that. 

• Members
16 hours ago, soapfan770 said:

Given there does indeed seem to be age discrepancy, I also wonder if Ashland is actually going to turn out be Theo’s actual dad, just faked his death and came up with a new identity? Sounds ridiculous but this is Josh Griffith’s Y&R in 2021 so of course something dumb/off would occur like that. 

Sounds more like a Griffith idea to me so it's probably this. I can't see Ashland being Brooks. 

How on earth does this man still keep his job? Must be nice to just throw out random ideas and call yourself a head writer for years and years. Y&R feels so lost and empty.