Jump to content
Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Are there soap characters on the same show who rarely interacted?


Frank2803

Recommended Posts

  • Members
4 minutes ago, Spoon said:

People used to go on years without interacting on Y&R. Seemed to be part of the show's nature back then.

yes....that changed with the costume party katherine and rex organized in 1991.....everybody was there...from that moment, there were more interactions...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
20 hours ago, YRfan23 said:

They had interaction in 1992/1993 but no so much after Taylor “died” and came back from the dead until 2002 when she shot her. 

You’re right, I should have said they did not interact after 1993 with the exception of a brief scene in 1998.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 hours ago, Spoon said:

People used to go on years without interacting on Y&R. Seemed to be part of the show's nature back then.

I liked that, it left new territory to be explored  between characters. Everyone doesn’t have baggage with everyone.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 9/11/2021 at 8:13 AM, Soaplovers said:

Traci and Lauren were college rivals..and they had an epic cat fight in the 90s

Yeah, that list isn't accurate.
Traci vs Lauren was actually a major storyline in the 80s! They had a triangle around Danny (I think) and Lauren was bullying Traci regarding her weight. This was revisited several times later on. Pretty sure their overlap regarding Brad also meant later interactions.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 9/18/2021 at 5:44 AM, FrenchBug82 said:

Pretty sure their overlap regarding Brad also meant later interactions.

Oh definitely. They had a catfight over Brad when Lauren's lovin' sent him to hospital with a heart attack! lol

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 9/13/2021 at 6:39 AM, Frank2803 said:

I don’t remember Craig Montgomery interacting with Lily and Holden 

My mind tells me Craig and Lily did interact in a storyline in about '05-'06 or '07. I thought he became friendly with her. I don't remember any more than this.

And also near the end of the show when it was revealed Craig had another son that Lily, Sierra and Lucinda kept from him they must have interacted.

Edited by Markjeh
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

GH: Luke & Monica, Monica & Laura (later years), Ana & Monica, Sonny & Monica (they did but not too often)Robin & Monica? Robert & Monica? Jason Q (pre accident) and Sonny.

Edited by ironlion
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 9/10/2021 at 1:24 AM, SoapDope said:

1970's Y&R....I don't think Katherine ever interacted with the Brooks family. 

I remember Janice Lynde wanted to work with Jeanne and was hoping they would find a way for them to interact.

Kay may have had a brief scene with Lorie when she was going after Phillip, but never been able to find out for sure.

Of course she did share scenes with both Lorie and Stu but not until 82/83

 

On 9/12/2021 at 12:22 AM, ccroom50 said:

------Characters That Barely Interacted!!------

------The Young and the Restless(Y&R)------

Jill Abbott and Ashley Abbott

Jill Abbott and Traci Abbott

Jill Abbott and Drucilla Barber Winters

Jill Abbott and Dr. Olivia Barber

Jill Abbott and JT Hellstrom

Jill Abbott and Chloe Mitchell Fisher

Jill Abbott and Ronan Malloy

Ashley Abbott and Lauren Fenmore Baldwin

Ashley Abbott and George Rawlins

Ashley Abbott and Cassandra Hall Rawlins

Traci Abbott and Lauren Fenmore Baldwin

Traci Abbott and George Rawlins

Traci Abbott and Cassandra Hall Rawlins

Billy Abbott and Lauren Fenmore Baldwin

Phillip "Chance" Chancellor VI and Lauren Fenmore Baldwin

Phillip "Chance" Chancellor VI and Michael Baldwin 

Phillip "Chance" Chancellor VI and Kevin Fisher

Ronan Malloy and Lauren Fenmore Baldwin

Ronan Malloy and Michael Baldwin

Ronan Malloy and Kevin Fisher

Katherine Chancellor and Diane Jenkins

Ryan McNeil and Mari Jo Mason

Ryan McNeil and Diane Jenkins

Victor Newman and Sheila Carter

Nikki Newman and Sheila Carter

Phyllis Summers and Sheila Carter

Ashley Abbott and Sheila Carter

Mamie Johnson and Mary Williams

John Silva and Phyllis Summers

John Silva and Traci Abbott

John Silva and Esther Valentine

Mamie Johnson and Esther Valentine

Miguel Rodriguez and Esther Valentine

Jack Abbott and Brittany Hodges

Ashley Abbott and Brittany Hodges

Traci Abbott and Brittany Hodges

Victor Newman and Brittany Hodges

Victoria Newman and Brittany Hodges

Jill Abbott and Dylan McAvoy

Jill Abbott and Avery Bailey Clark

Ashley Abbott and Avery Bailey Clark

Traci Abbott and Avery Bailey Clark

Abby Newman and Avery Bailey Clark

Victoria Newman and Avery Bailey Clark

Adam Newman and Avery Bailey Clark

Ashley Abbott and Cane Ashby

Adam Newman and Noah Newman

Noah Newman and Michael Baldwin

Noah Newman and Ashley Abbott

Noah Newman and Traci Abbott

Noah Newman and Esther Valentine

Noah Newman and Phillip "Chance" Chancellor VI

Noah Newman and Ronan Malloy

Noah Newman and Devon Hamilton

Noah Newman and Cane Ashby

Dylan McAvoy and Cane Ashby

Billy Abbott and Paul Williams 

Billy Abbott and Christine "Blair" Williams

Billy Abbott and Avery Bailey Clark

Noah Newman and Billy Abbott

Noah Newman and Ben "Stitch" Rayburn

Nick Newman and Deacon Sharpe

Victoria Newman and Deacon Sharpe

Abby Newman and Deacon Sharpe

Katherine Chancellor and Deacon Sharpe

Jill Abbott and Deacon Sharpe

Christine "Cricket" Blair Williams and Diane Jenkins

Christine "Cricket" Blair Williams and Mari Jo Mason

Christine "Cricket" Blair Williams and Drucilla Barber Winters

Christine "Cricket" Blair Williams and Dr. Olivia Barber

Christine "Cricket" Blair Williams and Avery Bailey Clark

Jill Abbott and Paul Williams

Jill Abbott and Mary Williams

Jill Abbott and Christine "Cricket" Blair Williams

Jill Abbott and Miguel Rodriguez

Jill Abbott and George Rawlins

Jill Abbott and Cassandra Hall Rawlins

Jill Abbott and Diane Jenkins

Jill Abbott and Avery Bailey Clark

Paul Williams and Leanna Randolph Love

Paul Williams and Miguel Rodriguez

Christine "Cricket" Blair Williams and Miguel Rodriguez

Christine "Cricket" Blair Williams and Leanna Randolph Love

Christine "Cricket" Blair Williams and George Rawlins

Christine "Cricket" Blair Williams and Cassandra Hall Rawlins

Katherine Chancellor and Cassandra Hall Rawlins

Katherine Chancellor and Leanna Randolph Love

Katherine Chancellor and Miguel Rodriguez

Katherine Chancellor and Avery Bailey Clark

John Abbott and George Rawlins

John Abbott and Cassandra Hall Rawlins

John Abbott and Mitchell Sherman

Ashley Abbott and Miguel Rodriguez

Traci Abbott and Miguel Rodriguez

Ryan McNeil and Grace Turner

Ryan McNeil and Diane Jenkins

Ryan McNeil and Leanna Randolph Love

Ashley Abbott and Mitchell Sherman

Traci Abbott and Mitchell Sherman

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jill definitely had scenes with Ashley, tons of them, and Traci too.

She also had a few scenes with Paul in 1991 when she hired him to find out about Dina's absence from GC the last 5 years

She had plenty of scene with Dru as well, as she hated Dru and didn't want her as a model at Jabot

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
14 hours ago, will81 said:

I remember Janice Lynde wanted to work with Jeanne and was hoping they would find a way for them to interact.

Kay may have had a brief scene with Lorie when she was going after Phillip, but never been able to find out for sure.

Of course she did share scenes with both Lorie and Stu but not until 82/83

 

 

 

The interaction with the Brooks girls that I always found comical was NIKKI.   She and Chris Brooks were fairly close (both married to a Foster brother).  I believe Nikki even wore Chris's dress in her 1979 wedding to Greg Foster.  But I guess Chris never bothered mentioning that she had a lil sister named Peggy.   In the summer of 1980, Nikki and Greg separated, and Nikki joined the New World Commune (along with Paul).  Peggy had also infiltrated the organization.  Nikki, Paul, and Peggy spent the entire summer together but they never seemed to recognize that Peggy was dating Paul's older brother or that she was Greg Foster's sister-in-law/step-sister.   By the time the New World storyline was over, Nikki and Peggy were friendly, but I guess Peggy never mentioned that she had a sister named Leslie who played the piano.  Less than a year later, Nikki was residing in Goat Castle, and Victor hired Leslie to give Nikki piano lessons.  Blank slate.  Nikki didn't appear to have a clue that Leslie was a sister to Chris and Peggy.  But Leslie and Nikki played lots of sonatas together, without Leslie ever bothering to mention that she had a sister named Lorie.  A year later, Lorie was Nikki's romantic rival for Goat Daddy, but Nikki seemed never to have heard of her before.  That's Bill Bell for you.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, Broderick said:

The interaction with the Brooks girls that I always found comical was NIKKI.   She and Chris Brooks were fairly close (both married to a Foster brother).  I believe Nikki even wore Chris's dress in her 1979 wedding to Greg Foster.  But I guess Chris never bothered mentioning that she had a lil sister named Peggy.   In the summer of 1980, Nikki and Greg separated, and Nikki joined the New World Commune (along with Paul).  Peggy had also infiltrated the organization.  Nikki, Paul, and Peggy spent the entire summer together but they never seemed to recognize that Peggy was dating Paul's older brother or that she was Greg Foster's sister-in-law/step-sister.   By the time the New World storyline was over, Nikki and Peggy were friendly, but I guess Peggy never mentioned that she had a sister named Leslie who played the piano.  Less than a year later, Nikki was residing in Goat Castle, and Victor hired Leslie to give Nikki piano lessons.  Blank slate.  Nikki didn't appear to have a clue that Leslie was a sister to Chris and Peggy.  But Leslie and Nikki played lots of sonatas together, without Leslie ever bothering to mention that she had a sister named Lorie.  A year later, Lorie was Nikki's romantic rival for Goat Daddy, but Nikki seemed never to have heard of her before.  That's Bill Bell for you.   

I wonder in retrospect if that was purposefully done, if Bill Bell knew the audiences must have been questioning those connections and he wanted to add the suspense of Nikki ever realizing they were all related? 
 

In 1980  Victor also seemed to befriend Casey before meeting Nikki yet a brief 1980 clip showed that Victor was aware Casey had a little sister named Nikki because as a kind gesture he gave Casey flowers to give to Nikki when she got into a car accident….yet a whole year later Victor meets stripper Nikki Reed without even mentioning that he was friendly with big sister Casey…like with the Brooks girls at the wedding Nikki didn’t even realize Victor and Casey knew each other till a couple days before her wedding. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@YRfan23 I thought it was odd that Victor didn't make the connection that Nikki Reed of The Bayou was Dr. Casey Reed's younger sister. I think Casey was already gone by the time Victor saw Nikki at The Bayou, and maybe Bill Bell thought the audience forgot that Victor knew that Casey had a sister Nikki. Side note, why was Nikki using her real name at The Bayou, you'd think she'd have a stage name.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
55 minutes ago, kalbir said:

 I think Casey was already gone by the time Victor saw Nikki at The Bayou.  

I believe you hit the nail on the head.   It would've been unnecessary "clutter" to bring up Casey, when Casey was no longer on the show.  Ditto for Nikki and Kay's sudden friendship in 1981, during the Jerry Cashman storyline.  Nikki had ALWAYS known Brock Reynolds, as Nikki worked for him at the Allegro in 1978.   But three years later, when she befriended Kay, she never said, "Oh!  You're BROCK's mother!", because Brock was no longer on the show, and it would've been confusing for viewers who'd never heard of Brock.  

Kay Chancellor had several "hit-and-miss" encounters with the various Brooks girls throughout the 1970s and early 1980s.  She knew that Lorie Brooks was the girl who'd help Brock squander his inheritance from Gary Reynolds in Europe.  She knew that Lorie Brooks was the aspiring novelist who had the hots for her current husband Phillip Chancellor.  Lorie was the girl Kay enlisted in 1979 to help sabotage Jill's divorce settlement from Stuart Brooks.  (Lorie Brooks and Liz Foster were the only two characters on the show who knew Kay was really alive after the fire at the sanitarium.)  In 1975, Kay evicted ALL of the Fosters (including Chris Brooks) from her home after the judge ruled Jill's marriage to Phillip was invalid.  In 1981, Kay brought some famous designer (Mr. Blackwell, I think) to town to design a dress for Liz to wear to the London ball; Lorie and Leslie were present with Kay for the fittings.   Later that year, Kay took Liz to the Bayou to watch Cash strip.  Peggy was at home when Kay delivered Liz back to the Brooks house and was giggling at the idea of Liz watching a striptease act.   

We typically saw the characters in their own little orbits, but when the crossover occasionally occurred, it was normally pretty organic, rather than forced.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
37 minutes ago, Broderick said:

I believe you hit the nail on the head.   It would've been unnecessary "clutter" to bring up Casey, when Casey was no longer on the show.  Ditto for Nikki and Kay's sudden friendship in 1981, during the Jerry Cashman storyline.  Nikki had ALWAYS known Brock Reynolds, as Nikki worked for him at the Allegro in 1978.   But three years later, when she befriended Kay, she never said, "Oh!  You're BROCK's mother!", because Brock was no longer on the show, and it would've been confusing for viewers who'd never heard of Brock.  

Kay Chancellor had several "hit-and-miss" encounters with the various Brooks girls throughout the 1970s and early 1980s.  She knew that Lorie Brooks was the girl who'd help Brock squander his inheritance from Gary Reynolds in Europe.  She knew that Lorie Brooks was the aspiring novelist who had the hots for her current husband Phillip Chancellor.  Lorie was the girl Kay enlisted in 1979 to help sabotage Jill's divorce settlement from Stuart Brooks.  (Lorie Brooks and Liz Foster were the only two characters on the show who knew Kay was really alive after the fire at the sanitarium.)  In 1975, Kay evicted ALL of the Fosters (including Chris Brooks) from her home after the judge ruled Jill's marriage to Phillip was invalid.  In 1981, Kay brought some famous designer (Mr. Blackwell, I think) to town to design a dress for Liz to wear to the London ball; Lorie and Leslie were present with Kay for the fittings.   Later that year, Kay took Liz to the Bayou to watch Cash strip.  Peggy was at home when Kay delivered Liz back to the Brooks house and was giggling at the idea of Liz watching a striptease act.   

We typically saw the characters in their own little orbits, but when the crossover occasionally occurred, it was normally pretty organic, rather than forced.   

Even with Katherine and Lorie though, there was a scene in 1982 where Victor had a dinner at the ranch with Katherine,Nikki,Douglas and Lorie present….Lorie says to Katherine: “Mrs chancellor your probably don’t remember me, etc…” kind of odd she needed to say that if she Leslie and Kay were present to help Liz with her gown just a year earlier…

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
27 minutes ago, YRfan23 said:

 “Mrs chancellor your probably don’t remember me, etc…” kind of odd she needed to say that 

Even odder still, why would Lorie think Kay could possibly forget her "grand entrance" down the steps in London a few months earlier, with her gown split all the way up to her swiveling crotch?  lol.  (I'm sure the dialogue was phrased that way, because they'd shared so few scenes over the past nine years.  But that entrance down the staircase in London, with Kay Chancellor, Liz and Stuart gasping at her revealing ensemble, was pretty memorable.)   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 9/20/2021 at 7:56 PM, ironlion said:

GH: Luke & Monica, Monica & Laura (later years), Ana & Monica, Sonny & Monica (they did but not too often)Robin & Monica? Robert & Monica? Jason Q (pre accident) and Sonny.

I didn't remember Sean Donnelly and Monica interacting a lot

That's why it seemed odd she was at the memorial service 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Community Activity

    1. 63

      B&B: Bold from the beginning

    2. 63

      B&B: Bold from the beginning

    3. 63

      B&B: Bold from the beginning

    4. 3,908

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    5. 89

      B&B October 2021 Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy