Jump to content
Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Agnes Nixon's Erica Kane


Joseph

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
On 9/8/2021 at 6:06 PM, DaytimeFan said:

For me, Erica's Woman of the Year speech will be a moment very hard to beat. It summed up her entire character arc in a 10 minute monologue that was superbly written. 

It was one of the last showcases for her deep sense of longing, insecurity and pain being a tool to lash out at others.  Erica always had a point of view, but the story didn’t necessarily revolve around her like later ones did, or be told in such a way that the audience could only root for her against her circumstances.

I still think the baby switch was a terrible idea- a step too far for Erica, and some of that biased writing was done to bring her back away from outright villainy.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 9/8/2021 at 6:06 PM, DaytimeFan said:

For me, Erica's Woman of the Year speech will be a moment very hard to beat. It summed up her entire character arc in a 10 minute monologue that was superbly written. 

YES! The monologue and everything after. her calling herself princess with a mirror while talking to Mona are burn in my head forever!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 hours ago, titan1978 said:

It was one of the last showcases for her deep sense of longing, insecurity and pain being a tool to lash out at others.  Erica always had a point of view, but the story didn’t necessarily revolve around her like later ones did, or be told in such a way that the audience could only root for her against her circumstances.

I still think the baby switch was a terrible idea- a step too far for Erica, and some of that biased writing was done to bring her back away from outright villainy.

Correct! She stopped being an underdog. That's where they messed up by always making her rivals lose. Erica needed her rivals to thrive and concur imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
12 hours ago, DemetriKane said:

YES! The monologue and everything after. her calling herself princess with a mirror while talking to Mona are burn in my head forever!!

Wow never saw this part sounds great

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@Soaplovers Nah i don't believe in that logic. Brooke lose so much she stop being true competition. There needs to be a Equal balance between the two. this clip doesn't work with a loser.

 

@Josephthe beginning starts at 6:15 unfortunately the full episode has been pulled down. Something told me to download those videos last year.

https://youtu.be/1CkOI2N_V-c

Edited by DemetriKane
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Erica taking Maria's baby Maddie was the wrong move..and I don't know what the logic was in doing that.

I thought the scenes of Erica returning the baby to Maria were good, her being arrested, Mateo telling Erica she was no longer welcome in his restaurant, people throwing rocks through her window, being sent to jail, Maria's mom coming to Erica's parole hearing, a scene where Liza pointed out to Erica that people weren't going to support her early release to see Bianca when she kept a baby away from their mom.

I think the 1999 face scar story is when the show stopped writing Erica as a 3D character and turned her into a cartoon.  And she seemed to regress in maturity as well.

Look at Erica running Tempo in the 80s and later Enchantment in the 90s.  She acted mature, decisive and like an adult.

Flashforward to the 2000s..and she was acting like a teenager.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 hours ago, DemetriKane said:

@Soaplovers Nah i don't believe in that logic. Brooke lose so much she stop being true competition. There needs to be a Equal balance between the two. this clip doesn't work with a loser.

 

@Josephthe beginning starts at 6:15 unfortunately the full episode has been pulled down. Something told me to download those videos last year.

https://youtu.be/1CkOI2N_V-c

“I will NOT have her piggy, little face on the cover of MY magazine!!” 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

I think the 1999 face scar story is when the show stopped writing Erica as a 3D character and turned her into a cartoon.  And she seemed to regress in maturity as well.

Look at Erica running Tempo in the 80s and later Enchantment in the 90s.  She acted mature, decisive and like an adult.

Flashforward to the 2000s..and she was acting like a teenager.  

Were we watching the same show LOL?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

@Pine Charles The good ole days 

 

@Soaplovers the logic was they stopped writing from character. Cause if they did Brooke would replace Maria in this storyline. And I guarantee you nobody would have hated this storyline. You set stage that Erica really wants to give dimitri a little boy and Brooke is the one they gives it to him and Erica basically snaps …..,..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I always appreciated that it was a consistent trait that Erica and Brooke just didn’t like one another, it was realistic in the sense that in life you’ll have people you just don’t like and don’t want to be around. Even when they weren’t actively involved in each other’s storylines or sharing many scenes together, you would occasionally get the reminder neither cared for one another. I liked that, lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, BetterForgotten said:

I always appreciated that it was a consistent trait that Erica and Brooke just didn’t like one another, it was realistic in the sense that in life you’ll have people you just don’t like and don’t want to be around. Even when they weren’t actively involved in each other’s storylines or sharing many scenes together, you would occasionally get the reminder neither cared for one another. I liked that, lol. 

My mom would occasionally turn in the late 90s and 2000s...and she would wonder where Brooke or Erica stood with one another.  And on occasion, if Brooke was mentioned to Erica...Erica would have a great put down...and when Erica was mentioned to Brooke...Brooke would sigh and make a passive aggressive dig at Erica.

Happened all the way till the end of the show..and ironically, the two started out being co schemers till Tom entered the picture 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy