Jump to content
Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

General Hospital September 2021 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 488
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
22 minutes ago, Nixor said:

Spencer today being all “omg Trina said she liked me? Exactly what did she say and how did she say it?!” Was adorable. Hopefully Twitter makes a gif of that moment. 

Such a great scene.  The expressions when Ecru appeared were priceless.

Today was the first time I really enjoyed Josslyn in a long time.   As Trina's fierce protector, I finally saw a bit of her mother Carly come out. Just as Carly would go to any lengths for the people she loves.  Eden McCoy hasn't shown claws before, at least not that I recall.

 

I liked Alexis and Harmony's scenes as well. Both women have awful track records with men.  And they can face it. I don't see Harmony as lasting long <cough> Ryan <cough> but at least the character acknowledges that she did horrible things, and owns it.   Looking at you, Peter August and crybaby Renault. I hope she can make peace with Wallow before Wallow inevitably dies  (by the curse of the Michael Quartermaine Corinthos death pecker) Sasha's the only one that survived after the death screw after all.   So far...

The friendship between Jordan and Portia was working, in an odd, "we both like the same guy, but we cool" kind of way.  Jordan can inevitably return and slip up what Portia was admitting at any time though.  A wise way to let the character still have agency in the story, along with those divorce papers Aunt Stella never mailed...

Phyllis, Phyllis, Phyllis,  why? You had ample opportunity to rid Agnes Nixon Falls of Heinrich August Faison.  All this time I've been singing your praises. I still love you, but I'm not forgetting this.

If rumors come true and

 

That would be interesting....

 

Those guards were beating Drew as if they worked for David Hayward and he was still Ryan Lavery. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I enjoyed today's show except for Peter. I feel like that could be a recurring theme lol. 

I enjoyed the scenes where Joss took Spencer to task for how he lied and treated Trina. She really got on his behind, lol. I thought they were entertaining. I also liked how Spencer instantly wanted to know if Trina really said she liked him after Joss revealed that information. That was all he could focus on for a moment there, lol. I enjoyed the way he told Joss that he liked Trina, but Esme had to show up and cut his confession short. Joss can tell that something is off with Spencer/Esme. I also don't think she will tell Trina right away about what Spencer said regarding his feelings for her, because she still doesn't really trust him. I'm looking forward to the next time that Spencer/Trina see each other. I could see Spencer wanting to talk to her and explain himself, but her not wanting to keep distance from him. It will be interesting to see how that plays out and when they might finally get an alone scene together.

I also was glad to see Drew again. I am enjoying Cam as Drew. He's not be shoved down anyone's throat and him and Nurse Chloe have nice chemistry together. I think there is a nice naturalness about her & their interactions together. I am looking forward to seeing more of his story unfold.

Alexis/Harmony confiding/and doing a bit of bonding was also interesting. And I continue to like Sam/Dante and their chemistry together. They could have a healthy romance. 

Edited by xtr
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
41 minutes ago, slick jones said:

Such a great scene.  The expressions when Ecru appeared were priceless.

Today was the first time I really enjoyed Josslyn in a long time.   As Trina's fierce protector, I finally saw a bit of her mother Carly come out. Just as Carly would go to any lengths for the people she loves.  Eden McCoy hasn't shown claws before, at least not that I recall.

Joss has never been my fave but I do enjoy her friendship with Trina. Loved her telling Spencer that if it came down to it, she'd easily choose Trina over him. That's right girl, let Spencer know he ain't sh-t! I also love how much it bugs Joss that Eczema says "Spence." Same, Joss, same. I quite enjoy Joss being bitchy and annoyed with Enema.

I did laugh at how Joss was going on and on tearing into Spencer and all he cared about was that Trina liked him. Too cute. What wasn't cute was Elmo nibbling on his ear (or whatever she was doing) at the end - soooo weird and awkward. Joss knows something is off here too.

I really hope they let Mo keep the gray hair once he's Sonny again. Why doesn't Jax just tell Sonny the truth Poor Phyllis is having such a bad month. I really hope she comes to PC and Sonny takes good care of her.

Sam actually has a little energy with Dante and I like it.

Wes Ramsey looked like he was having fun today. That's all I'll say

Edited by AlexElizabeth
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Peter gave Phyliss and Nina the Sheila Carter farmhouse treatment! It felt satisfying seeing the truth cone out and Nina facing repercussions for her actions. It was sad to see the Tan-O burn and poor Phyliss tied up tho. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

These Jax and Sonny conversations are ridiculous.  Jax will tell Mike they fought over women before but won't tell him his name?  And Sonny doesn't care?   And tells him he doesn't trust him?  There is a difference between building suspense and drawing things out and no human would act like these two.  Jax should have just told him his name and let Nina explain the rest and leave.  And Sonny/Mike should have cared enough to find out.   I know it a soap, but I feel like Jax keeps having these circular conversations with several people instead of just telling Sonny and being done with.  I hope Jax brings Sonny into Jarley's wedding the way Sonny brought Miranda into Jax/Brenda's wedding all those years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
24 minutes ago, carolineg said:

These Jax and Sonny conversations are ridiculous.  Jax will tell Mike they fought over women before but won't tell him his name?  And Sonny doesn't care?   And tells him he doesn't trust him?  There is a difference between building suspense and drawing things out and no human would act like these two.  Jax should have just told him his name and let Nina explain the rest and leave.  And Sonny/Mike should have cared enough to find out.   I know it a soap, but I feel like Jax keeps having these circular conversations with several people instead of just telling Sonny and being done with.  I hope Jax brings Sonny into Jarley's wedding the way Sonny brought Miranda into Jax/Brenda's wedding all those years ago.

Agree. Very unimpressed with how they are handling this Jax-finds-out. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
36 minutes ago, FrenchBug82 said:

Agree. Very unimpressed with how they are handling this Jax-finds-out. 

It should be near misses and interrupted conversations, but instead it's weird battle between Jax/Sonny over his identity.  I know Mike doesn't like or trust Jax, but it's clear Jax knows who he is, so it's just a bizarre reaction from both.  I have no problem with Jax finding out, but it should have been later and he basically should just drag Sonny to the wedding for maximum shock value.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Jax not immediately telling Sonny everything and dragging him back to PC is ridiculous and hard to believe. It's like the show refuses to do drama. We just have Jax keeping his mouth shut so this can be dragged out longer. We're really supposed to believe that Jax isn't rushing to drag Sonny back in time to stop the wedding? And to make his daughter happy? Okay. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
7 minutes ago, AlexElizabeth said:

Jax not immediately telling Sonny everything and dragging him back to PC is ridiculous and hard to believe. It's like the show refuses to do drama. We just have Jax keeping his mouth shut so this can be dragged out longer. We're really supposed to believe that Jax isn't rushing to drag Sonny back in time to stop the wedding? And to make his daughter happy? Okay. 

Or trusting Nina to tell the truth? When the woman hasn't in several months?  I could understand if Jax had something to lose by bringing Sonny back.  If he was with Carly or something, but he literally has no stakes in this.  If anything, he would come off heroic.  It makes no sense.   And it's not as if this brings a different dynamic to their relationship.  They have been fighting with one another for 25 years. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

GH is the best soap by far right now, but it’s still pretty mediocre. Payoffs aren’t worth the build-up for the most part. They squander all that “make ‘em wait” energy for these tension-free reveals. We’ve said that so many times in recent months (like the Michael/Willow/Chase confrontation). Hopefully they can stick the landing a bit better when PC as a whole learns Sonny is alive.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
17 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

GH is the best soap by far right now, but it’s still pretty mediocre. Payoffs aren’t worth the build-up for the most part. They squander all that “make ‘em wait” energy for these tension-free reveals. We’ve said that so many times in recent months (like the Michael/Willow/Chase confrontation). Hopefully they can stick the landing a bit better when PC as a whole learns Sonny is alive.

The dropoff in quality from three months ago is pretty striking. I really think Vee is onto something with his higher-up interference theory.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Community Activity

    1. 62

      B&B: Bold from the beginning

    2. 62

      B&B: Bold from the beginning

    3. 3,908

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    4. 89

      B&B October 2021 Discussion Thread

    5. 4,377

      Soap Stars - Where are they now?

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy