Jump to content
Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Y&R September 2021 Discussion Thread


Taoboi

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members

I'm about a week behind in viewing so often too late to contribute.

Also, I feel like I'm being too negative which can be a bit of a downer, but I watch each show and pretty much think about how the scenes and story could be better told and constructed.

One thing I read on SOD was Camryn talking about the kidnapping story and how it was hard for her to be on the one set by herself. She said she taped scenes for 3 episodes in one block, which makes me wonder about the taping schedule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, Ponds said:

The stories move so slowly that there is really nothing to discuss on a daily basis.  I still watch the show, but don't feel it's entertaining right now.

The show actually has stories?

There is nothing to grab the viewers attention.

I'm really surprised this soap hasn't dropped further in the ratings.

I don't even watch anymore.

Instead I watch TPIR.

Please register in order to view this content

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, Paul Raven said:

Also, I feel like I'm being too negative which can be a bit of a downer, but I watch each show and pretty much think about how the scenes and story could be better told and constructed.

Boy, that never stopped me when I used to watch this show, .

You could be onto something though. Whenever I used to critique the show, someone would inevitably try to police my comments and be all over my a$s about how negative I was supposedly behaving. I do think the end result is that it stifles expression, ultimately causing people to think twice about posting their honest reactions because you just don't want the hassle from those one or two replies.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

On the 9/15 show Lily had a whole convo with Elena about Mattie getting into Stanford and what her major will be and I'm thinking WHY? 

First of all the twins are off the canvas after the not needed SORAS so reminding us that Lily is supposed to be the mother of college aged kids was unnecessary. Just a brief mention that she's 'really enjoying California' would suffice and leave it open for a  return down the line with Lily's kids barely aged.

Then we have Elena talking about being dead tired working on ASK MD, the hospital and the clinic. But all we ever see is her perfectly coiffed and made up chatting in Society or Crimson Lights. They rigged up a hospital set for Mariah, so why not something for Elena/Nate with a resentful day player doctor implying Elena was getting special treatment?

The Imani/Nate story has vanished.Will she be back in a few weeks to play the same scenes again?

Faith/Moses- no progression, just the same cute scenes.

Ashland being Brooks Prentiss would have been great. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
18 minutes ago, Paul Raven said:

On the 9/15 show Lily had a whole convo with Elena about Mattie getting into Stanford and what her major will be and I'm thinking WHY? 

First of all the twins are off the canvas after the not needed SORAS so reminding us that Lily is supposed to be the mother of college aged kids was unnecessary. Just a brief mention that she's 'really enjoying California' would suffice and leave it open for a  return down the line with Lily's kids barely aged.

Then we have Elena talking about being dead tired working on ASK MD, the hospital and the clinic. But all we ever see is her perfectly coiffed and made up chatting in Society or Crimson Lights. They rigged up a hospital set for Mariah, so why not something for Elena/Nate with a resentful day player doctor implying Elena was getting special treatment?

The Imani/Nate story has vanished.Will she be back in a few weeks to play the same scenes again?

Faith/Moses- no progression, just the same cute scenes.

Ashland being Brooks Prentiss would have been great. 

Like you said they can age down the twins for them to return to fit into the teen scene with Faith and Moses. But it seems when Lily turns 35 Winnie and Nelson will be 25. SMH!!!

Faith and Moses our teens in 2021. Not 1951. Let's not forget Faith was essentially giving Moses a quiz from Cosmo in Kay's Park a month ago. I'm ready for these teens to mix it up and hopefully they bring on a SORAS Johnny, Lucy, Conner (wishful thinking) and a unrelated black or POC teenage female to round that group out. 

Nate/Elena/Imani is where the money is. I hate to say this but Nate and Elena don't do much for me together because they're both passive characters. He needs someone with fire i.e. his Uncle Neil with Aunt Dru. Even his mother Olivia had more fire than he does. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
21 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

On the 9/15 show Lily had a whole convo with Elena about Mattie getting into Stanford and what her major will be and I'm thinking WHY? 

First of all the twins are off the canvas after the not needed SORAS so reminding us that Lily is supposed to be the mother of college aged kids was unnecessary. Just a brief mention that she's 'really enjoying California' would suffice and leave it open for a  return down the line with Lily's kids barely aged.

Then we have Elena talking about being dead tired working on ASK MD, the hospital and the clinic. But all we ever see is her perfectly coiffed and made up chatting in Society or Crimson Lights. They rigged up a hospital set for Mariah, so why not something for Elena/Nate with a resentful day player doctor implying Elena was getting special treatment?

The Imani/Nate story has vanished.Will she be back in a few weeks to play the same scenes again?

Faith/Moses- no progression, just the same cute scenes.

Ashland being Brooks Prentiss would have been great. 

You’re exactly right — there’s so little going on it’s not worth posting about. I won’t stop watching the show even though the stories are garbage and have been...I’m one of those viewers who explain the ratings.

I see potential everywhere, but have ZERO faith that Josh Griffith will do anything with any of it.

The discussion of Lily’s twins? Not a storyline. Nate as chief of surgery? Not a storyline. Elena on tv? Not a storyline. Amanda still has no storyline, and neither does Imani. Moses and Faith, no storyline.

Mariah is sad and depressed so she and Tessa move into a Grand Phoenix hotel room? Huh? All of these people KNEW what they signed on for with that surrogate baby, but now they’re all surprised at their feelings??? Stupid ideas lead to stupid results.

I sure can’t get lost in the sets and production design.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
21 hours ago, Forever8 said:

SORAS Johnny, Lucy, Conner

Have to disagree

SORASING has been a miss for years  Reed,Mattie,Charlie, etc going back to Noah and Abby. The children are SORASED too quickly and age up the parents who the writers still want to be viable as romantic leads. Then they are dropped anyway.

Wait until those kids are closer to their actual age and then commit to decent actors and story.

The budget situation is dire. Trying to tell stories without sets or extras/dayplayers is embarassing.

This is CBS #1 daytime show and there needs to be more support!

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, Paul Raven said:

Have to disagree

SORASING has been a miss for years  Reed,Mattie,Charlie, etc going back to Noah and Abby. The children are SORASED too quickly and age up the parents who the writers still want to be viable as romantic leads. Then they are dropped anyway.

Wait until those kids are closer to their actual age and then commit to decent actors and story.

The budget situation is dire. Trying to tell stories without sets or extras/dayplayers is embarassing.

This is CBS #1 daytime show and there needs to be more support!

 

The difference is Billy/Victoria look and act as if they have kids in their teen years than Lily who should be dealing with 13/14 year old kids. Aging Charlie and Mattie was a mess because they hardly did anything with them. And let's not act like TPTB was giving them retro dialogue. "Blockhead" and "Scram" I mean I hadn't heard those words since a John Hughes "Brat Pack" film. 

 

Though they need to worry about the cast they have on screen now first. I mean this show feels more episodic than it does a soap at the moment. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I found the episode’s ending was really the worst with that Nick & Jack conversation and then Phick acting naughty.

It would have been far more interesting if after Jack’s confession a confused Phyllis suddenly passionately kissed Jack; Nick sees this from afar, and promptly gets totally wasted and blurredly he sees red head in the bar; thinking it’s Phyllis and invites her back to his room and they have sex. Nick wakes up in bed to find he had sex with Sally, a la Grace all over again even if the plot is tired. At least it would provide more small scale yet high stakes drama.

Oh well, I suppose if Thudley was writing Y&R we would have a scene of Nick encouraging Phyllis to sleep with Jack for a night so he won’t feel lonely. ‍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

They need to stop the establishing shots of the Abbott and Chancellor homes. We see the exterior of these vast homes and then move into the same one room.

Sharon phones Mariah from an empty Crimson Lights to apologize for not attending the christening because she had a 'staffing issue'. 

What? the extra who wipes the tables couldn't make it?

Adam seems to wear the same suit in every scene.

Nate advises Amanda to take time for herself. She'd just come back from a vacation. 

Wouldn't it make more sense to have Amanda and Imani go to work for Jabot,Newman,Chance.com, Hamilton/Winters than start another business that we will never see?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
16 hours ago, Faulkner said:

I hate these fücking cheap Wednesday dream episodes.

Like I said on Twitter yesterday while watching it reminds me of those "Inside The Light" episodes on Guiding Light did back in the day. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Community Activity

    1. 10,519

      The Tennis Thread

    2. 4,271

      Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

    3. 49

      B&B: Bold from the beginning

    4. 3,165

      Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

    5. 3,165

      Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy