Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Will soaps start firing actors who aren't fully vaccinated?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

Any chance of soaps requiring vaccination? @Errol

Disney has mandated it for the majority of its employees and is working with unions on implementation, so essentially if an actor isn't vaccinated at the time it officially becomes a requirement for employment, they'll either comply or lose their jobs. It's unlikely any actor on the soaps will actually get fired in that I'd be surprised if any of them actually don't comply.

• Members
Just now, Errol said:

Disney has mandated it for the majority of its employees and is working with unions on implementation, so essentially if an actor isn't vaccinated at the time it officially becomes a requirement for employment, they'll either comply or lose their jobs. It's unlikely any actor on the soaps will actually get fired in that I'd be surprised if any of them actually don't comply.

Even Miss Magabanus? I would be stunned if she backed down after the fuss she's put up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

These shows are a business, and the last thing they want is to suffer another shutdown.  Once the negotiations are done with the unions, I would expect ABC to be first due to Disney, and then many other productions to follow.  We will see if any of the other soaps do as well.

• Members

So far the performer unions have been on the side of protecting the "rights" of the unvaccinated rather than the protection of everyone, from what I gather. A bit like teacher unions were reflexively at first (and started to 180 after pressure).

I'd be interested in whether the pressure comes from the backstage crew unions but it is hard to know: unions have been all over the place.

• Members
On 8/14/2021 at 5:31 PM, cassadine1991 said:

Considering what happened at GH, some MAJOR changes need to happen 

And I'm still surprised. 

I mean how widespread was it? Is Production stopping? What are they doing? 

• Members

They probably just made everyone get tested and if negative back to work, and perhaps some additional cleaning. Only if a lot of people are positive does it seem like things close like schools as in some places they do not even tell people to quarantine, if exposed regardless of vaccine status it is that insane. They think as long as people in building are masking that is enough. 

• Members
7 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

When is Igno getting fired? He isn't vaccinated and is spewing anti vaccination mess.

Recast him

Here are some Ideas

Jaason Simmons (Pic 1)jaason-simmons-639315l-600x0-w-9856f563.

Or Gideon Emery (Pic 2) who was already Temp Jax

t_1024x1024

• Members
On 8/2/2021 at 10:47 PM, Errol said:

Given Ingo is posting anti vaxx & anti mask propaganda, I can't see him complying 

• Members
Posted (edited)

Not yet hopefully soon

Edited by John