Announcement: New Memberships Suspended

Peacock Orders DAYS Spinoff: Beyond Salem

• Members
Posted (edited)
On 8/20/2021 at 1:13 AM, te. said:
On 8/20/2021 at 1:41 PM, KMan101 said:

Yeah, I imagine they used the money for the 'guest stars' and not the sets. We'll never see 90s primetime special budgets again. I was hoping for something more than re-dressed sets. But we'll see. I know some will say "just wait or you don't know for sure" but it doesn't look great in terms of the sets. At least it may hopefully be better than simply replacing 'Salem PD' sticker with a Zurich sticker and calling it a day ... 

Soaps just don't do a great job anymore at 'setting the scene'. I miss that. But it is what it is. No budget is no budget.

Going by the released spoiler pics, it unfortunately seems like they just re-dressed the regular sets. I had kind of hoped they'd use this Peacock windfall on investing on sets (which would benefit the main show), but I guess Eileen Davidson doesn't come for cheap.

I was really hoping against hope. That we would get some nice sets. I guess not. This is going to look embarrassingly bad. Like when they went to Prague. Where the police station was the same set. Which was then covered in papers written in Czech. Why even bother doing this? If it's going to look cheap. 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
8 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

I was really hoping against hope. That we would get some nice sets. I guess not. This is going to look embarrassingly bad. Like when they went to Prague. Where the police station was the same set. Which was then covered in papers written in Czech. Why even bother doing this? If it's going to look cheap. 

They have over two dozen new sets for these 5 episodes, so if they have to re-dress some stuff, so be it. It's cool we're getting a spinoff series at least!

• Members
14 hours ago, JAS0N47 said:

They have over two dozen new sets for these 5 episodes, so if they have to re-dress some stuff, so be it. It's cool we're getting a spinoff series at least!

Even if we're meh on the sets, it doesn't and shouldn't diminish the excitement over the spin-off. It's still GREAT news we got this.

And thank you for clarifying on the sets Jason!

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Days of Our Lives: Beyond Salem has added another star to its galaxy. British model-actor Noah Huntley has joined the Peacock limited series as Lord Sebastian Alamain, per IMDb.

Huntley previously starred as Professor Donovan Osborn on The CW's sci-fi series Pandora. His other credits include roles in the TV movie Harry & Meghan: Becoming Royal, the Netflix show Free Rein, and turns in British soaps Emmerdale and Holby City.

source

• Members
10 minutes ago, wingwalker said:

Will and NuSonny is HOT!!!! They need to be back on the mothership ASAP!!  

Agreed!

Trailer was fun and looks good! I’m excited. I’ve currently been binging to get caught up in time. 

• Members

I wonder if we’ll see (or hear) anything that flouts usual daytime-TV standards or if it’ll be strictly by-the-book so as not to offend the pearl clutchers (since this is ostensibly a test to see if DAYS can survive on Peacock). I remember the old-timey AMC fans getting up in arms about salty language on the online version. But RC seems like the type to capitalize on any content freedom.

• Members
20 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

OMG a Lisa Rinna drag queen making an appearance, LOL! 

This looks cute. Nice lil trailer there. Very online soap operay. 

LOL and +1

This is a great trailer. Simply because it makes you want to watch...