Jump to content

Legendary Sitcom Star Joins DAYS and Reunites With Former Co-Star


Recommended Posts

  • Members
38 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Didn’t she just pass out while getting her star on the Walk of Fame? I think she needs to get somewhere and sit down.

She fainted yesterday, she filmed this 3 years ago.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Why would anyone complain about Marla Gibbs appearing as Paulina's mother? Is it a complaint about an influx of new characters or an influx of new black characters? How much airtime do people think MG will take up?

 

I saw quite a bit of bitching on Facebook about Paulina and Chanel. Marla Gibbs has great rapport with Jackee and this is a coup to have them together. I hope she's healthy enough to stick around for a little while.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, slick jones said:

Why would anyone complain about Marla Gibbs appearing as Paulina's mother? Is it a complaint about an influx of new characters or an influx of new black characters? How much airtime do people think MG will take up?

 

I saw quite a bit of bitching on Facebook about Paulina and Chanel. Marla Gibbs has great rapport with Jackee and this is a coup to have them together. I hope she's healthy enough to stick around for a little while.  

I agree!  And those making fun of her age (including those on here) doesn't seem right with me either. SMH. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 7/22/2021 at 12:38 PM, slick jones said:

Why would anyone complain about Marla Gibbs appearing as Paulina's mother? Is it a complaint about an influx of new characters or an influx of new black characters? How much airtime do people think MG will take up?

 

I saw quite a bit of bitching on Facebook about Paulina and Chanel. Marla Gibbs has great rapport with Jackee and this is a coup to have them together. I hope she's healthy enough to stick around for a little while.  

 

Right?

 

I get we make fun of TV sitcom stars joining soaps but like ... be nice ya'll. Not everything needs a snarky response

On 7/22/2021 at 5:53 PM, David_Vickers said:

I agree!  And those making fun of her age (including those on here) doesn't seem right with me either. SMH. 

 

It bothers me too. Kudos to her for being able to work at all IMHO. Some of ya'll come back to me when you are her age.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

The irony here is that there is a never verified story that Marla had a clause in her 227 contract that if Jackee got a spin-off then she could never return to the main show.  While on The Jefferson's, Marla's character got a spin-off that quickly failed and she felt lucky to be able to return to the main show.  However, once she was the lead on 227, legend has it, that she resented the attention that Jackee received, so she put the clause in place.  Jackee was given a spin-off, it failed, and she never returned to 227.  So, the fact that she was hired on Days using Jackee's proverbial coattails is ironic.

Edited by j swift
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 hours ago, j swift said:

The irony here is that there is a never verified story that Marla had a clause in her 227 contract that if Jackee got a spin-off then she could never return to the main show.  While on The Jefferson's, Marla's character got a spin-off that quickly failed and she felt lucky to be able to return to the main show.  However, once she was the lead on 227, legend has it, that she resented the attention that Jackee received, so she put the clause in place.  Jackee was given a spin-off, it failed, and she never returned to 227.  So, the fact that she was hired on Days using Jackee's proverbial coattails is ironic.

The 227 spinoff was never picked up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 8,068

      AMC Tribute Thread

    2. 646

      "Secret Storm" memories.

    3. 8,068

      AMC Tribute Thread

    4. 8,068

      AMC Tribute Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy