Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

GH: July 2021 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
Posted (edited)

So by that article and given that GH had the week of July 5 off & maybe the week before, they are already filming episodes that air this September 

Trying to catch up to Days prod schedule I guess

Edited by John
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
8 hours ago, John said:

So by that article and given that GH had the week of July 5 off & maybe the week before, they are already filming episodes that air this September 

Trying to catch up to Days prod schedule I guess

General Hospital has always been six-to-eight weeks tape-to-air. So, realistically, they seem to be on-point.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 7/6/2021 at 7:06 PM, AbcNbc247 said:

Loved the Sam/Elizabeth scene. It was a very smart decision to finally get them both out of Jason’s orbit, and put Britt into it. It’s refreshing for all of them.

And though I’m not a Valentin fan, I do kind of like him and Anna together.

 

I hate to say it but I kinda like Anna and Valentin. I'm shocked. I know. I never thought I would. But Valentin has come a very long way. Somehow he was salvaged, IMHO. I credit James Patrick Stuart and his charm and chemistry with that too.

 

Sam and Elizabeth make sense as friends. Not BFFs of course but a "having each other's backs" kinda thing. Robin can be their third

Please register in order to view this content
 I mean, let's be honest though, Sam as a character was used to kick Elizabeth to the curb. JMO. But I liked their scenes.

 

Jason looked miserable as Carly wrapped her arms around him. This sums up Jarly perfectly. PERFECTLY. I LOVED Britt's attitude towards them. Jax can be shoved off the balcony for all I care but I loved him reading Carly for filth.

 

I don't think Cam/Joss have any chemistry, sorry LOL. The boys have always had chemistry with each other and the girls with each other. Just saying.

3 hours ago, Liberty City said:

General Hospital has always been six-to-eight weeks tape-to-air. So, realistically, they seem to be on-point.

 

I've always wondered how far ahead they are. I knew it wasn't super far ahead but I could never ever remember, so good to know. I kinda figured it out when Mathison posted he was starting to film.

12 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

 

  

 

All DAYS can afford is a kiddie pool. Probably not even that! LOL

 

I appreciate the effort lately with the sets.

20 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

I can see Bechtel's Spencer talking about boys with Trina. While they have mud face mask on their faces. About to watch RuPaul's Drag Race.

 

It's true

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I hate to say it but I kinda like Anna and Valentin. I'm shocked. I know. I never thought I would. But Valentin has come a very long way. Somehow he was salvaged, IMHO. I credit James Patrick Stuart and his charm and chemistry with that too.

Since removing Nina from Valentin's orbit.. I've been enjoying the character more. Finola Hughes and James Patrick Stuart have palpable chemistry. I'm still irked the darkness Valentin was meant to harness was never brought to light during Stuart's time in the role.

6 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Sam and Elizabeth make sense as friends. Not BFFs of course but a "having each other's backs" kinda thing. Robin can be their third

Please register in order to view this content
 I mean, let's be honest though, Sam as a character was used to kick Elizabeth to the curb. JMO. But I liked their scenes.

It was nice seeing them working together instead of against each other.

7 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I don't think Cam/Joss have any chemistry, sorry LOL. The boys have always had chemistry with each other and the girls with each other. Just saying.

Maybe instead of Kyle/Noah on Y&R, I can get Cam and Spencer on GH. Would explain why they always battled over Joss: they wanted each other, lol.

8 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I've always wondered how far ahead they are. I knew it wasn't super far ahead but I could never ever remember, so good to know. I kinda figured it out when Mathison posted he was starting to film.

I'm pretty sure [most] soaps, aside from DAYS, are usually six-to-eight weeks tape-to-air. I know [sometimes] GH can advance film to allow for extended summer breaks for the cast, which they seem to be on currently.

9 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

All DAYS can afford is a kiddie pool. Probably not even that! LOL

All I can think about is when Y&R introduced their limited-two summer rooftop set... and the pool was alluded to. This looks ten-times better.

10 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

I appreciate the effort lately with the sets.

I do, too. Which new set (or newly remodeled) set has been your favourite?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Liberty City said:

Since removing Nina from Valentin's orbit.. I've been enjoying the character more. Finola Hughes and James Patrick Stuart have palpable chemistry. I'm still irked the darkness Valentin was meant to harness was never brought to light during Stuart's time in the role.

It was nice seeing them working together instead of against each other.

Maybe instead of Kyle/Noah on Y&R, I can get Cam and Spencer on GH. Would explain why they always battled over Joss: they wanted each other, lol.

I'm pretty sure [most] soaps, aside from DAYS, are usually six-to-eight weeks tape-to-air. I know [sometimes] GH can advance film to allow for extended summer breaks for the cast, which they seem to be on currently.

All I can think about is when Y&R introduced their limited-two summer rooftop set... and the pool was alluded to. This looks ten-times better.

I do, too. Which new set (or newly remodeled) set has been your favourite?

 

In terms of sets, I appreciated the exterior of the hostage house. I liked the new restaurant set too but they stopped using it. I wonder if they're using it and the walls to make the pool area? The walls look the same just painted tan.

 

I feel like the Q set and Corinthos house remodels left me feeling mixed. Almost forgot about the remodel of where Willow is living. It was nice having that set back.

 

It was nice seeing Kelly's trotted out. I think they probably should cut the restaurant/bar sets down though (obviously The Tan-O will eventually go away or be reused). I know it's easy places for folks to meet but it's been nice seeing a bit more variety like the dock, etc.

 

So I guess I'll pick the pool set as my favorite new set lol.

 

I miss the old dock set.

 

Kinda rambling about sets, LOL ...

 

Finola and James do have chemistry. It helps a lot.

 

Anyone else kinda tired of the current hospital set? It's a far cry from where it once was in the big remodel and I still kinda miss the old round hub.

Edited by KMan101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Just now, KMan101 said:

In terms of sets, I appreciated the exterior of the hostage house. I liked the new restaurant set too but they stopped using it. I wonder if they're using it and the walls to make the pool area? The walls look the same just painted tan.

I don't think the Bernadino's set is gone; it's probably just rested for the time being. But I do love that set.

1 minute ago, KMan101 said:

I feel like the Q set and Corinthos house remodels left me feeling mixed. 

Why did they leave you feeling mixed, if you don't mind my asking?

1 minute ago, KMan101 said:

It was nice seeing Kelly's trotted out. I think they probably should cut the restaurant/bar sets down though (obviously The Tan-O will eventually go away or be reused). I know it's easy places for folks to meet but it's been nice seeing a bit more variety like the dock, etc.

I like the re-introduction of Kelly's lately. I'm also loving the remodeled PCPD, including the interrogation room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Anyone else kinda tired of the current hospital set? It's a far cry from where it once was in the big remodel and I still kinda miss the old round hub.

I love the old round hub too. Plus they had an area where people could sit down. And have inappropriate public conversations. Which Amy would overhear. LOL  On present day GH there's no such area. So when characters have conversations. It's very awkward. But over all i still like the GH set. It's way better than Days rinky dinky Nurses Station. Which looks like it's falling apart at the seams.

1 hour ago, KMan101 said:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

All DAYS can afford is a kiddie pool. Probably not even that! LOL

 

 

Poor Days doesn't have many places. Where people can socialize. Besides the overused empty Square. Would love to see the residents of Salem in nice sets. Good production values matter. Soaps are a visual medium after all.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by victoria foxton
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

The way Cade McWatt's Cameron played off his scene with Garren's Oscar, I thought Cameron could be Bi

 

Then I thought Dev was gonna be gay which would have been cool to tell of a gay turkish teen but they changed to he wants Joss and then becoming obsessed and then being killed off

sad to say esp with Frank as eP, I doubt GH would do a true LGBT romance

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 minutes ago, John said:

The way Cade McWatt's Cameron played off his scene with Garren's Oscar, I thought Cameron could be Bi

Then I thought Dev was gonna be gay which would have been cool to tell of a gay turkish teen but they changed to he wants Joss and then becoming obsessed and then being killed off

sad to say esp with Frank as eP, I doubt GH would do a true LGBT romance

Other than token stories for Lucas, GH has never and will never care. It's telling that the most airtime a "gay" storyline ever had on this show was months of comic relief about a gay man desperately trying to rape a straight man.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
16 minutes ago, John said:

The way Cade McWatt's Cameron played off his scene with Garren's Oscar, I thought Cameron could be Bi

 

Then I thought Dev was gonna be gay which would have been cool to tell of a gay turkish teen but they changed to he wants Joss and then becoming obsessed and then being killed off

sad to say esp with Frank as eP, I doubt GH would do a true LGBT romance

Felix and Lucas supposedly went out on a date, and we've received no follow up. Also, Kristina's sexuality is a no-mention piece of information at this point, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Spencer and Trina are money in the bank. Wild chemistry. Hope they capitalize on it.

When Joss and Cam tank (set your watch), Spencer will realize he wants Joss.  Trina will gladly step aside.  

Wherever Trina goes, there's a buzz- the girl has got IT, but instead of capitalizing on it, Frank moves Joss in to replace Trina.  But I won't hate the Frank, the player.  The entire game is rigged!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 minutes ago, ChitHappens said:

When Joss and Cam tank (set your watch), Spencer will realize he wants Joss.  Trina will gladly step aside.  

Wherever Trina goes, there's a buzz- the girl has got IT, but instead of capitalizing on it, Frank moves Joss in to replace Trina.  But I won't hate the Frank, the player.  The entire game is rigged!

oh hell to the NO. Trina would need to tell Joss to get the F out. Plus Im sorry but Joss is the weak link here. I think they need to eventually recast. Or maybe keep her and have Emma return kind of a hell cat like AMC's Amanda Dillon when Chrisell Stause started playing her

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 3,734

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    2. 3,734

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    3. 3,734

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    4. 3,448

      DAYS behind the scenes, articles/photos

    5. 3,382

      Classic GH Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy