Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

DAYS: July 2021 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Members
26 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

Same for Kristian Alfonso 'retiring' from the show. She'll be back someday.

I am pretty sure she will be back (I mean, Reckell left in a blaze of bitter glory and STILL came back) but I don't put it on the same level as FS.

KA won't ever *need* to come back, financially or otherwise. On the other hand, whenever she does want to come back, she will be welcome.
FS is very very likely to need to have a job at some point and prefer *that* entertainment job over having a real job once he realizes that pyramid schemes and YT money wear off the longer he has been off the show and his "fame" fades. But I can't imagine that he will be particularly remembered/missed in 10 years if it takes him that long to see the light.
The iron is still warm but it will get a lot colder a lot faster than KA.
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members

Yeah, Kristian will come back when/if the show ends as a gesture to Corday and her friends at the show. She doesn't need it.

Freddie Smith will begin lobbying to come back/crowbarring the studio doors when he realizes he is not going to become a lifestyle brand.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
11 minutes ago, Vee said:

Yeah, Kristian will come back when/if the show ends as a gesture to Corday and her friends at the show. She doesn't need it.

Freddie Smith will begin lobbying to come back/crowbarring the studio doors when he realizes he is not going to become a lifestyle brand.

FS will crawl back after he sees someone else play Sonny. I bet he feels Days will never recast

John Deluca and Christopher Tavani would be good as Sonny too

 

 

ImageImage

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
11 hours ago, Liberty City said:

Am I the only one kind of relieved Days of Our Lives is on hiatus? I kind of needed a break from how inconsistent it was.

My top three choices:

  • Robert Adamson (ex-Noah, Y&R)
  • Robert Gorrie (ex-Nate, ATWT; ex-Matthew, OLTL)
  • Zach Tinker (ex-Fenmore, Y&R)

Great choices!  Either one would be a great re-cast.  Maybe bring another one on as a brother. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, John said:

FS will crawl back after he sees someone else play Sonny. I bet he feels Days will never recast

John Deluca and Christopher Tavani would be good as Sonny too

 

 

ImageImage

I love me some Christopher Tavani... but I don't know if the role of Sonny would suit him. Plus, I do know he said in an interview last year he is gravitating more towards film, but would never say no to soaps again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

Freddie definitely seems like he'd change his mind. My initial thought to his 'never' was 'yeah right'. Same for Kristian Alfonso 'retiring' from the show. She'll be back someday.

Yeah, I have a hard time believing KA will never be back too, but I don't have a hard time believing she financially doesn't have to return ever and is set for life.

With this news of the Days Peacock spin off my wonder is if FS didn't get asked back and it was a pre-emptive strike releasing that podcast and Sonny has already been recast.   Because how many friends does Chad have in Phoenix lol?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, carolineg said:

With this news of the Days Peacock spin off my wonder is if FS didn't get asked back and it was a pre-emptive strike releasing that podcast and Sonny has already been recast.   Because how many friends does Chad have in Phoenix lol?  

Could be. The timing does seem a bit suspicious that he'd randomly announce that - if that's the case, I wonder if he was the one who said no, or if it's the show that wouldn't accomodate him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
12 hours ago, te. said:

Could be. The timing does seem a bit suspicious that he'd randomly announce that - if that's the case, I wonder if he was the one who said no, or if it's the show that wouldn't accomodate him.

 

Or maybe the show just didn't ask him back period?  And just asked Chandler or something?  To me, it seems like very strange timing, but it could be a coincidence.  I just think FS has enough friends on Days he probably got wind of it before it was announced and doubled down on his happiness with his departure.  Whatever works for you, Freddie. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
6 minutes ago, carolineg said:

 

Or maybe the show just didn't ask him back period?  And just asked Chandler or something?  To me, it seems like very strange timing, but it could be a coincidence.  I just think FS has enough friends on Days he probably got wind of it before it was announced and doubled down on his happiness with his departure.  Whatever works for you, Freddie. 

Could be?

 

I mean, I get if he turned them down for a blink-and-you'll-miss-it part, especially if he's relocated to Florida as the money is not that good. Still, it would probably be good for his "brand" (whatever that is) to appear in it as he'd be able to get Instagram pictures with Lipsa et al. So.... yeah. Might be that he just wasn't asked.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I thought Sonny last return was just ridiculous. They want him for several episodes like Chandler and he couldn't return so they did a zoom call from Florida? Why bother with him.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

If I were to guess days is recasting Sonny thus the rest of casting will be revealed later comment.

1 minute ago, Vee said:

Yes, if anyone gives his work 110%, it's Chandler Massey.

He gives 200%!.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 minutes ago, te. said:

Could be?

 

I mean, I get if he turned them down for a blink-and-you'll-miss-it part, especially if he's relocated to Florida as the money is not that good. Still, it would probably be good for his "brand" (whatever that is) to appear in it as he'd be able to get Instagram pictures with Lipsa et al. So.... yeah. Might be that he just wasn't asked.

 

For me, it would be more about the exposure and being able to make a few podcasts about it or get some interviews.  It would be worth it to me just for that, but I am not FS and maybe he is actually trying to distance himself from it all.   Idk, maybe his wife does really well in real estate lol. 

10 minutes ago, Vee said:

Yes, if anyone gives his work 110%, it's Chandler Massey.

Lol.  He still always gets asked back.  But I can see why he doesn't book much other work.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 7/26/2021 at 2:20 PM, FrenchBug82 said:

Way for NCB to spoil the 

Yes, I know, it was obvious from the get-go yada yada but still... if that's your cliffhanger then maybe *pretend* there is a question mark as to what is going to happen for three weeks.
Stupid.

I thought was pretty freaking stupid of them even if everyone knows the foregone conclusion of the story.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Now that they’ve announced the Days spin off, it’s more clear why Freddie is saying this now. They didn’t say Will or Sonny is appearing, but I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s what brought this up. Perhaps they want a stronger actor since it’ll be for a streaming service. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Community Activity

    1. 348

      Texas!

    2. 692

      "Secret Storm" memories.

    3. 3,887

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    4. 3,702

      Soap Hoppers --The Soap Actors And Roles Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy