Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R Actor returns


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

  • Members
14 minutes ago, Vee said:

That's because he was one of the worst HWs in the show's history.

This.

 

Stitch was a mediocre character on his best day.  At least Carrigan is easy on the eyes. I still have zero interest in him returning.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
10 hours ago, David_Vickers said:

AGREED!!  Justin Gaston either does NOT want to be on the show fulltime, or The powers-that-be at Y&R are total morons, which is probably and very likely true!

I think the latter.

 

I would be shocked at the former. lol. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
15 hours ago, Dylan said:

Charles pratt JR. but fans got him fired.

 

Nah. They should bring on Riche as executive producer, and either promote Susan Banks & Susan Dansby to head writers, or convince Lorraine Broderick to come over from DAYS.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Justin Gaston playing Chance was a [!@#$%^&*] breath of fresh air. It almost felt like a soap opera for two seconds. Stitch coming back is excruciating, as they've been on that whole "Bring 2013 back" kick for a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Taoboi said:

I think the latter.

 

I would be shocked at the former. lol. 

 

Same.

 

Gaston was instantly likeable and actually well cast in the role. I say that as someone who was happy he was let go from DAYS (though now we're stuck with Robert "Abs" Wilson forever)

1 hour ago, koos said:

Justin Gaston playing Chance was a [!@#$%^&*] breath of fresh air. It almost felt like a soap opera for two seconds. Stitch coming back is excruciating, as they've been on that whole "Bring 2013 back" kick for a bit.

 

Yeah, Griffith has been on this bizarre 2013 kick since he came back. It ebbs and flows but like ... he's a mess. I don't get why he's still around. 

 

There literally seems to be no purpose to anyone and no real stories. The show feels aimless and directionless.

Edited by KMan101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, koos said:

Justin Gaston playing Chance was a [!@#$%^&*] breath of fresh air. It almost felt like a soap opera for two seconds. Stitch coming back is excruciating, as they've been on that whole "Bring 2013 back" kick for a bit.

 

Gaston, for me, complimented Thom Bierdz and even Tricia Cast, equally well. Especially in comparison of Donny Boaz.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I didn't care for either Boaz or Gatson, neither were strong actors IMO. I'd love to see John Driscoll back. I know it was said that he couldn't come back at the time Boaz was hired because of real life military service, but then he was doing that audio web soap Forever and a Day, so I'm not sure why he can't come back now. He had good chemistry with Nina and Chloe, who had a similar temperament to Abby.

 

The writing is so puzzling. So they wanted to start this infertility story right when they fired Boaz. That's pretty dumb, but OK.  They wrote him off by saying he'd be on a secret mission and couldn't be contacted. Fair enough. Then why did they start writing the character back in again by having Abby talk to him on the phone if they didn't have an actor to play him?! Then they bring back a different character with a very similar profile because they don't have Chance on canvas? Each decision makes less and less sense... what is the big deal, either recast or drop the character...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 minute ago, BoldRestless said:

I didn't care for either Boaz or Gatson, neither were strong actors IMO. I'd love to see John Driscoll back. I know it was said that he couldn't come back at the time Boaz was hired because of real life military service, but then he was doing that audio web soap Forever and a Day, so I'm not sure why he can't come back now. He had good chemistry with Nina and Chloe, who had a similar temperament to Abby.

 

Because he wouldn't be able to dedication himself to the long-term requirements of the role. As for *that* audio soap, it's an audio platform, so it's easier to record, I'm assuming?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

It's only because she's Victor and Ashley's daughter, young and white. That's it. She's been a waste of time since she was first SORASed. The character needs to be rested for many years. Bloodline is no longer an excuse.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 minutes ago, Vee said:

It's only because she's Victor and Ashley's daughter, young and white. That's it. She's been a waste of time since she was first SORASed. The character needs to be rested for many years. Bloodline is no longer an excuse.

It's truly insane. You'd think looking at her bloodline that they'd just recast. Even bringing back Emme Rylan would be better than this. There are endless known soap actresses who are out of work that could easily make Abby the leading lady they want her to be. It's a disgrace to have Ashley's only daughter be so dull. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 7

      "Beyond Salem" and the new generation of streaming soaps

    2. 5,676

      OLTL Tribute Thread

    3. 7,215

      Another World

    4. 312

      Texas!

    5. 312

      Texas!

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy