Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

GH June 2021 Discussion


Recommended Posts

  • Members
24 minutes ago, carolineg said:

I definitely see IR as being on the chopping block.   He's on, but he doesn't really make an impact.   There is no inkling the show is re-pairing him with Carly and his Nina stuff was a bust.   I can see keeping him around for the Nina/Mike stuff, but not much longer.  The show had no problem canning him in 2011 when he was in the middle of several stories and we knew a lot less of his off screen personality.  I would absolutely keep him over Easton,  Howarth, and Mathison as Drew because he's Jax and has all this history.   Unfortunately he's been pretty useless for years riding of late 90's and early 2000's popularity. 

 

I like Sonny/Nina.  Not because they having any real romantic heat, but it's something different.   It weirdly makes me like both Sonny and Nina as characters more even if it's all fake.  I think the pacing is weird because we have to see CW and MB so much due to contract guarantees.  Nothing real happens for days at a time, but there they are.

 

I need something to happen with Cameron/Joss/Trina.   There needs to be some romance or happiness because they are all so miserable.  I wouldn't be against bringing Spencer or Emma back.

I wouldn't mind a Spencer/Trina romance mirroring her Aunt Gia and Nikolas' relationship 20 years ago. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members

Did they change the Q living room again? The scenes with Maxie and the baby didn't seem to take place in the same room Michael was expressing his love to Willow every single day.

I had never seen Michael Easton smile. Not a robot after all. He looked nice.

What is the deal with Curtis's club? What is he always doing there? Serve drinks to random characters who come to see him? If all of them helped him a little bit, this place would be open for business by now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Maura West gave a Goddamn masterclass in acting on yesterday's episode. She took the script, ate it up and spit it back out. I felt every single word she spoke. Damn. #Emmy2022 coming her way!

 

15 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

 

I never quite cared for Jax but I certainy have always defended his place on the show as, not quite a counterpoint to Sonny/Jason because he was never allowed to be written that way, but at least as one of the few characters who was not worshipping at that Church and called them out on some of the "antihero is actually a criminal" BS.

But knowing how much IR is a you-know-what IRL has completely dulled my even remote interest in keeping him around.
SB and MB can afford to behave badly because they are too big to fail. But producers do NOT like public drama so if there is someone who is going to pay for the mess that GH was on social media during the pandemic, I'd easily see IR being the one to be cut - after a reasonable period of time so he can't say he was cut for his opinions or what not.
They'll definitely keep him around at least until the fallout of the Mike/Nina story though but if they are not inspired by then, I wouldn't be surprised either if he went.

 

I have to assume we are not near the end of the Mike/Nina story AT ALL if they are sending Avery back to Carly for now. The renewed custody battle was going to be an interesting subplot of when-Sonny-gets-his-memory back so it'd make no sense for him to return anytime soon if Avery is where she was all along.

 I don't know how I feel about the pacing of that Mike story. I get why it needs to take time to make the ensuing revelations and fallout explosive but the momentum has been entirely lost for now. I am willing to buy Nina/Mike for the plot potential but they shouldn't try to sell it to us as a real slow-burning romance if the chemistry is middling at best. Just accept that you are pairing the characters only because it leads to juicy conflicts and be done with it.

 

 

I find it strange Disney-ABC was quick to fire Roseanne Barr with her racist tweet(s), but, Ingo Rademacher openly supported a terrorist and a terrorist attack on this country, mocked his co-star in a bullying manner (alongside Maurice Benard), and he's allowed to still work? How?

 

14 hours ago, carolineg said:

I definitely see IR as being on the chopping block.   He's on, but he doesn't really make an impact.   There is no inkling the show is re-pairing him with Carly and his Nina stuff was a bust.   I can see keeping him around for the Nina/Mike stuff, but not much longer.  The show had no problem canning him in 2011 when he was in the middle of several stories and we knew a lot less of his off screen personality.  I would absolutely keep him over Easton,  Howarth, and Mathison as Drew because he's Jax and has all this history.   Unfortunately he's been pretty useless for years riding of late 90's and early 2000's popularity.

 

At this point, I need Jax to be recast if the character remains on the canvas. Hell, even is blink-and-miss return when he slept with Carly held more potential than this.

 

5 hours ago, Elsa said:

Did they change the Q living room again? The scenes with Maxie and the baby didn't seem to take place in the same room Michael was expressing his love to Willow every single day.

 

Nope. This is the same room. I just hate it's still the dark colour it's been for years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, Liberty City said:

 

I find it strange Disney-ABC was quick to fire Roseanne Barr with her racist tweet(s), but, Ingo Rademacher openly supported a terrorist and a terrorist attack on this country, mocked his co-star in a bullying manner (alongside Maurice Benard), and he's allowed to still work? How?

 

 

At this point, I need Jax to be recast if the character remains on the canvas. Hell, even is blink-and-miss return when he slept with Carly held more potential than this.

 

 

Well, IR is far less visible than Roseanne Barr.   I am not terribly familiar with all of IR's tweets and think he's an ass, but I thought they were more pro-Trump than anything.  I never saw the terrorist stuff.   Maurice and Ingo BOTH need to be punished for the NLG stuff, but I am not sure that's a fire able offense.  I think he's a goner and I am not defending him,  unfortunately, I am just not sure he has done anything to be out right fired.  

 

I would never want a Jax recast.  Leave him gone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Jax without Brenda and no longer married to Carly is an easy character to say goodbye to.  He’s not tied enough to anyone else left to make his scenes/stories have enough impact.  And I would never subject NLG to having more scenes with him, even though that pairing should have happened back in the day.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 minutes ago, titan1978 said:

Jax without Brenda and no longer married to Carly is an easy character to say goodbye to.  He’s not tied enough to anyone else left to make his scenes/stories have enough impact.  And I would never subject NLG to having more scenes with him, even though that pairing should have happened back in the day.

Yeah, I can do without Jax. They should just use him for drop-ins like Mac. (Or just kill him off, which I wouldn’t normally suggest, but I think it could have a lot of story potential, particularly if Sonny or Jason are involved and causes problems for Joss and Carly.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, carolineg said:

Well, IR is far less visible than Roseanne Barr.   I am not terribly familiar with all of IR's tweets and think he's an ass, but I thought they were more pro-Trump than anything.  I never saw the terrorist stuff.   Maurice and Ingo BOTH need to be punished for the NLG stuff, but I am not sure that's a fire able offense.  I think he's a goner and I am not defending him,  unfortunately, I am just not sure he has done anything to be out right fired.  

 

He made several IG Stories about the attacks on the capital at the time of it happening ... and they were beyond disgusting.

Based on the Stories. alone. he should've lost his job.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
3 hours ago, Liberty City said:

 

He made several IG Stories about the attacks on the capital at the time of it happening ... and they were beyond disgusting.

Based on the Stories. alone. he should've lost his job.

AGREED. And I am a big Jax fan.   Re-Cast Jax.

6 hours ago, Liberty City said:

 

Nope. This is the same room. I just hate it's still the dark colour it's been for years.

   Nope, the room changed to gray and is no longer dark brown, BUT that happened months ago!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 hours ago, titan1978 said:

Jax without Brenda and no longer married to Carly is an easy character to say goodbye to.  He’s not tied enough to anyone else left to make his scenes/stories have enough impact.  And I would never subject NLG to having more scenes with him, even though that pairing should have happened back in the day.

Agreed.  He can go off a be with Brenda off screen for all I care.  I think he's a totally easy character to get rid of.  He is absolutely someone who can drop in and out.   But I honestly think he will be gone soon and he is not a character that needs to be re-cast.  He is just not necessary.  

I loved Sexis back in the day too!

 

3 hours ago, Liberty City said:

 

He made several IG Stories about the attacks on the capital at the time of it happening ... and they were beyond disgusting.

Based on the Stories. alone. he should've lost his job.

 

Yuck!  I don't follow or even at look at soap stars on social media.  I am generally unimpressed.   Sounds like he should have been fired, but seems like Ingo sounds like the kind of guy to complain to the press or sue.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

 

I never quite cared for Jax but I certainy have always defended his place on the show as, not quite a counterpoint to Sonny/Jason because he was never allowed to be written that way, but at least as one of the few characters who was not worshipping at that Church and called them out on some of the "antihero is actually a criminal" BS.

But knowing how much IR is a you-know-what IRL has completely dulled my even remote interest in keeping him around.
SB and MB can afford to behave badly because they are too big to fail. But producers do NOT like public drama so if there is someone who is going to pay for the mess that GH was on social media during the pandemic, I'd easily see IR being the one to be cut - after a reasonable period of time so he can't say he was cut for his opinions or what not.
They'll definitely keep him around at least until the fallout of the Mike/Nina story though but if they are not inspired by then, I wouldn't be surprised either if he went.

 

I have to assume we are not near the end of the Mike/Nina story AT ALL if they are sending Avery back to Carly for now. The renewed custody battle was going to be an interesting subplot of when-Sonny-gets-his-memory back so it'd make no sense for him to return anytime soon if Avery is where she was all along.

 I don't know how I feel about the pacing of that Mike story. I get why it needs to take time to make the ensuing revelations and fallout explosive but the momentum has been entirely lost for now. I am willing to buy Nina/Mike for the plot potential but they shouldn't try to sell it to us as a real slow-burning romance if the chemistry is middling at best. Just accept that you are pairing the characters only because it leads to juicy conflicts and be done with it.

 

 

I agree. I had always wanted Jax to have a place on the show (for balance, as you said), but man his behavior off-screen has soured me entirely. I can't even look at him the same, really. He just screams douchebag too now regardless of politics. I'm struggling with Chad Duell too but he's also painfully checked out.

 

I have to agree as well on Nina and Sonny/Mike. Are they doing it for plot purposes, or are they actually trying to build something? I give Watros and Benard the credit for trying to build something, really. Benard seems thrilled to be working with Watros LOL (and that's not sarcasm, he does seem very happy). I'm all for it for the chaos it will cause but there's likely no future for them as a couple. I mean, she kept him from his family, even if he may not have wanted to find out who he was. But it's a soap so who the hell knows? lol (But yeah, no real chemistry IMHO, though I also didn't see any with Laura Wright and lord knows they pushed them for years)

 

And yep, Avery with Carly means it's not ending anytime soon. I also doubt he instantly gets his memory back. They should probably milk this.

47 minutes ago, carolineg said:

Agreed.  He can go off a be with Brenda off screen for all I care.  I think he's a totally easy character to get rid of.  He is absolutely someone who can drop in and out.   But I honestly think he will be gone soon and he is not a character that needs to be re-cast.  He is just not necessary.  

I loved Sexis back in the day too!

 

 

Yuck!  I don't follow or even at look at soap stars on social media.  I am generally unimpressed.   Sounds like he should have been fired, but seems like Ingo sounds like the kind of guy to complain to the press or sue.

 

Yeah, he's a trash person. Apparently he threatened to sue in order to keep his job, allegedly, over the covid protocols. Nancy called him out without calling him out.

 

It does seem like they're deliberately writing Jax into a corner.

Edited by KMan101
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
4 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

I agree. I had always wanted Jax to have a place on the show (for balance, as you said), but man his behavior off-screen has soured me entirely. I can't even look at him the same, really. He just screams douchebag too now regardless of politics. I'm struggling with Chad Duell too but he's also painfully checked out.

 

I have to agree as well on Nina and Sonny/Mike. Are they doing it for plot purposes, or are they actually trying to build something? I give Watros and Benard the credit for trying to build something, really. Benard seems thrilled to be working with Watros LOL (and that's not sarcasm, he does seem very happy). I'm all for it for the chaos it will cause but there's likely no future for them as a couple. I mean, she kept him from his family, even if he may not have wanted to find out who he was. But it's a soap so who the hell knows? lol (But yeah, no real chemistry IMHO, though I also didn't see any with Laura Wright and lord knows they pushed them for years)

 

And yep, Avery with Carly means it's not ending anytime soon. I also doubt he instantly gets his memory back. They should probably milk this.

 

Yeah, he's a trash person. Apparently he threatened to sue in order to keep his job, allegedly, over the covid protocols. Nancy called him out without calling him out.

 

It does seem like they're deliberately writing Jax into a corner.

 

It feels like the Mike/Nina stuff is building to something.  I like that it is some different outside the normal Carson/cheating/breakup stuff.  I just wish MB could find a woman he has chemistry with.  And honestly, I don't think CW has had chemistry with anyone either. 

 

The Ingo stuff is disappointing because no one at GH needs to work with a problematic person like that.   Well, I will always have fond memories of Brenda/Jax.  

Just curious, is Ingo even an American citizen?  Not trying to start a weird debate or anything I am just genuinely wondering.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
9 minutes ago, carolineg said:

 

It feels like the Mike/Nina stuff is building to something.  I like that it is some different outside the normal Carson/cheating/breakup stuff.  I just wish MB could find a woman he has chemistry with.  And honestly, I don't think CW has had chemistry with anyone either. 

 

The Ingo stuff is disappointing because no one at GH needs to work with a problematic person like that.   Well, I will always have fond memories of Brenda/Jax.  

Just curious, is Ingo even an American citizen?  Not trying to start a weird debate or anything I am just genuinely wondering.

 

I have to admit, not sure on Ingo. And it is disappointing.

 

It's tough having fond memories of a character but battling the fact that their actor is ... to be nice ... problematic. 

 

Agreed on CW. I haven't seen chemistry with anyone either.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I'm loving Britt and Jason. It's nice to see Jason smile and Burton actually seems engaged. Steve and Kelly T. have great chemistry. Britt has personality and a pulse. Carly needs to quit being a cockblocker, lol. I wished she had walked in on them actually kissing because I want to see her head explode.

 

What I don't love is the ridiculous propping of Jason (and Carly). Liz has to apologize to Carly for thinking Jason killed Franco? What? Then Liz has to thank Carly for standing by Jason, and go on and on about how amazing their friendship is? WTF? I don't mind seeing Liz and Carly grieve together but that was silliness.

 

Loved Brooklyn telling Michael and Willow to stop lying to Chase. I can't believe Michael and Willow are acting all depressed that Chase lived because now they actually have to deal with the lies they've been telling instead of getting to have their happily ever after. Not only are Michael and Willow boring as can be, but now they're making them horrible people too. Now Willow will have to stay married to Chase because he's paralyzed - zzzzz!

 

I don't mind seeing more of them but Molly and TJ celebrating their five month anniversary was so random. I totally forgot about Molly/Brando - talk about a story with no lasting consequences. I laughed when Brando was like, "Should we tell them???" Dude... Sasha is visibly pregnant. Not exactly a shocking announcement.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 hours ago, KMan101 said:

 

I have to admit, not sure on Ingo. And it is disappointing.

 

It's tough having fond memories of a character but battling the fact that their actor is ... to be nice ... problematic. 

 

Agreed on CW. I haven't seen chemistry with anyone either.

Agreed on Ingo.   On CW, I think she absolutely DOES have chemistry with Ingo(Jax), Sofia Mattson(Sasha), James Patrick Stuart(Valentin), & Joyce Guy(Phyllis) especially.  She and Laura Wright(Carly) also have great chemistry as enemies. 

17 minutes ago, AlexElizabeth said:

I'm loving Britt and Jason. It's nice to see Jason smile and Burton actually seems engaged. Steve and Kelly T. have great chemistry. Britt has personality and a pulse. Carly needs to quit being a cockblocker, lol. I wished she had walked in on them actually kissing because I want to see her head explode.

 

What I don't love is the ridiculous propping of Jason (and Carly). Liz has to apologize to Carly for thinking Jason killed Franco? What? Then Liz has to thank Carly for standing by Jason, and go on and on about how amazing their friendship is? WTF? I don't mind seeing Liz and Carly grieve together but that was silliness.

 

Loved Brooklyn telling Michael and Willow to stop lying to Chase. I can't believe Michael and Willow are acting all depressed that Chase lived because now they actually have to deal with the lies they've been telling instead of getting to have their happily ever after. Not only are Michael and Willow boring as can be, but now they're making them horrible people too. Now Willow will have to stay married to Chase because he's paralyzed - zzzzz!

 

I don't mind seeing more of them but Molly and TJ celebrating their five month anniversary was so random. I totally forgot about Molly/Brando - talk about a story with no lasting consequences. I laughed when Brando was like, "Should we tell them???" Dude... Sasha is visibly pregnant. Not exactly a shocking announcement.

 

Agree on Britt & Jason.  And on Brooklyn and Michael & Willow & Chase stuff.  Also give Molly and TJ more airtime and their portrayers contracts!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

I just appreciate that Cynthia Watros has made Nina watchable. I couldn't stand to watch her when Stafford was in the role. Can you imagine Stafford and Mo being paired? Lord. I don't love Nina but I at least don't mind seeing her now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 3,642

      Soap Hoppers --The Soap Actors And Roles Thread

    2. 3,734

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    3. 3,734

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    4. 3,734

      Old/Classic B&B discussion&articles

    5. 3,448

      DAYS behind the scenes, articles/photos

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy