Rolling Stone’s 100 Best TV Sitcoms of All Time

• Members

Not that surprising if you follow these sorts of lists or are familiar with Alan Sepinwall’s book with Matt Zoller Seitz, but still worth a perusal:

Here’s the top 10:

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Faulkner

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

These lists are just so pointless - one hundred sitcoms...why? Who in the world is out there comparing and contrasting Fleabag with Sanford and Son? So many of these shows have nothing in common other than the fact that they're comedies, but that's not enough to warrant comparison, IMO.

And then you have The Simpsons at number-one lol Okay...

• Members

Admittedly I am a list whore, if only to use them as a discovery tool for songs/TV shows/movies I might have missed, so for me, the more eclectic, the better. And they are great clickbait to get folks angry.

This list is predictable, aside from a few streaming-era obscurities in the 80-100 range, which is my problem with it. A very straight-American-white-male’s canon of TV comedy, which we’ve seen done ad nauseum. A few nods here and there to black sitcoms. Perfect for the Boomer-GenX Rolling Stone readership. I’d be much more interested in something more global. (Of course, people seeking validation of their own tastes would be pissed that their favorite ‘80s comedy was displaced by some Korean show.)

But yeah The Simpsons has disgraced itself for going on far too long. It was great the first few years.