Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

YR/BB actress possibly back at B&B


Recommended Posts

  • Members

Kimberlin Brown supporting racist beliefs, Trump, sounds like 1/6 and maybe a Q-anon too.   Sounds like she's worse than Melissa Reeves by far.   Hopefully it is UNTRUE that she's back at Y&R.  I don't watch B&B, so don't care there, but I hope they'd have better tastes too. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
23 minutes ago, David_Vickers said:

Sounds like she's worse than Melissa Reeves by far.  


I am not sure their political beliefs differ greatly: Reeves hasn't run for office so she hasn't had to discuss them openly but everything points in the direction of being roughly in the same ballpark
Difference however is that Reeves has been said to have said and done things ON-SET that upset and offended crew members while I have never heard anything bad about Brown on a personal level. 
I have nothing but contempt for both of them politically but it is worth drawing that distinction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
14 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:


I am not sure their political beliefs differ greatly: Reeves hasn't run for office so she hasn't had to discuss them openly but everything points in the direction of being roughly in the same ballpark
Difference however is that Reeves has been said to have said and done things ON-SET that upset and offended crew members while I have never heard anything bad about Brown on a personal level. 
I have nothing but contempt for both of them politically but it is worth drawing that distinction.

I agree with you.  I wouldn't be surprised if Reeves and her hubby Scott Reeves shared the exact same beliefs, that's why I don't want either Reeves back anywhere, especially her back as Jenn on DAYS or him as Steven Lars on GHDAYS needs to keep Cady McClain, back on contract, and GH when they bring Steven Lars back recast with a good known soap actor or the guy who played him before Reeves, who I thought was pretty good. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
On 5/2/2021 at 6:45 AM, Chris B said:

I couldn't allow myself to get excited about this. I feel Brad Bell did an excellent job bringing Sheila back the last time. He did a great job of making the horrible stuff done to her on Y&R work in a way that freed her up to be a real long term character again. After that intro it went from an amazing return to a total dud. I get she would've had to leave because of her run for government, but it was so disappointing to see her do nothing. They could've brought her kids back or pursued a serious romance with Eric or anybody really. Sheila was vital to making B&B a success and her return felt disrespectful to what she could do for the show if she was properly utilized.

 

Until Brad Bell steps down I'm at the point where I just can't invest in anything on this show. You know no matter how exciting the casting or pairing, the execution will always be lazy and go back to the merry go round of triangles and repeated stories.

 

I couldn't have said it any better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

Sheila's been played out. Did Brad need her for a shitty quick plot point? 

 

I thought this would be about Linsey Godfrey and I was really excited for a minute. (I know she was on DOOL and not Y&R but my mind wasn't that fast). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Markjeh said:

Sheila's been played out. Did Brad need her for a shitty quick plot point? 

 

I thought this would be about Linsey Godfrey and I was really excited for a minute. (I know she was on DOOL and not Y&R but my mind wasn't that fast). 

 

https://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2021/05/kimberlin-brown-visits-the-bold-and-the-beautiful

 

UPDATE: 05/03/2021: Kimberlin Brown posted additional images on her Instagram page today that provided a better understanding of why she returned last week to Television City where “The Bold and the Beautiful” is shot.

In one photo, Brown says, “A great day [for] taping for an upcoming special! More information to follow.” She was seen in a photo sitting down in front of a green screen. In another photo, Brown shared an image of herself wearing the same outfit as the first while in a dressing room. Additionally, according to Soap Opera Digest, fans shouldn’t expect to see a comeback for Brown on “B&B” anytime soon as her visit “was not for storyline purposes” setside sources told the publication.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • Members
9 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

I don't remember...how did B&B explain all the weird stuff that happened over at Y & R in 2005 and after?  Was it Sheila or a copy cat?

Basically if I recall correctly they just said it was her sister, the Sarah Smythe character and I think some was pinned on Sugar as well. I don't remember exactly, but I do recall it was very believable and the perfect setup for Sheila to be properly back without the baggage of a bunch of crimes on her. It's a shame they didn't do anything with her because it really was the perfect reintroduction. I wish they'd have a long term story planned for her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
15 hours ago, Soaplovers said:

I don't remember...how did B&B explain all the weird stuff that happened over at Y & R in 2005 and after?  Was it Sheila or a copy cat?

 

Brad Bell, in an interview with Soap Opera Digest, stated he chose to ignore everything The Young and the Restless did, essentially retconning years of writing.

 

6 hours ago, Chris B said:

Basically if I recall correctly they just said it was her sister, the Sarah Smythe character and I think some was pinned on Sugar as well. I don't remember exactly, but I do recall it was very believable and the perfect setup for Sheila to be properly back without the baggage of a bunch of crimes on her. It's a shame they didn't do anything with her because it really was the perfect reintroduction. I wish they'd have a long term story planned for her.

 

That was more-so fans trying to clean up Bell's poor historical retcon.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
5 hours ago, Liberty City said:

That was more-so fans trying to clean up Bell's poor historical retcon.

 

That is one of the extremely rare times where I forgive a retcon that didn't even bother trying to explain itself.

The latter uses of Sheila on Y&R, particularly the Phyllis stuff, was atrocious and I am fine with it being retconned into oblivion.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
18 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

 

That is one of the extremely rare times where I forgive a retcon that didn't even bother trying to explain itself.

The latter uses of Sheila on Y&R, particularly the Phyllis stuff, was atrocious and I am fine with it being retconned into oblivion.

 

I agree, however, I just hate what Bradley Bell did with Sheila. Mixed her into his mess of a production and writing. The character deserved better.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, Liberty City said:

 

I agree, however, I just hate what Bradley Bell did with Sheila. Mixed her into his mess of a production and writing. The character deserved better.

 

I don't disagree here; Bell has also been using Sheila as a basic criminal villain when he brought her back the last couple of times instead of a nuanced character that he actually had developed really well when he first brought her over from Y&R.
But at least her last appearance was merely basic and didn't insult the future, the way the Y&R tale did. It wasn't offensively bad or characters-destroying. It was just: Really? That's what you wanted to do with her?
Which I would say is my complaint with most of Bell's latter-day writing. I can't say I have been outraged by how bad and offensive anything has really been - I don't recall being angry the way I was when he tried to pair Ridge and Bridget for instance.
It is just... repetitious and Really? That's it? It is nothing destructive or offensive but it is just uninspired which I suppose can happen when you have been writing a show for as long as he has. It is just surprising that the other writers that he brings on do not seem to be given the leeway to go in different places with the characters.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
1 hour ago, FrenchBug82 said:

 

I don't disagree here; Bell has also been using Sheila as a basic criminal villain when he brought her back the last couple of times instead of a nuanced character that he actually had developed really well when he first brought her over from Y&R.
But at least her last appearance was merely basic and didn't insult the future, the way the Y&R tale did. It wasn't offensively bad or characters-destroying. It was just: Really? That's what you wanted to do with her?
Which I would say is my complaint with most of Bell's latter-day writing. I can't say I have been outraged by how bad and offensive anything has really been - I don't recall being angry the way I was when he tried to pair Ridge and Bridget for instance.
It is just... repetitious and Really? That's it? It is nothing destructive or offensive but it is just uninspired which I suppose can happen when you have been writing a show for as long as he has. It is just surprising that the other writers that he brings on do not seem to be given the leeway to go in different places with the characters.

 

Bell's writing has become stale and predictable. He has run his course and it makes The Bold and the Beautiful so off-putting to watch.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Community Activity

    1. 34,288

      Bravo's The Real Housewives of....

    2. 132

      General Hospital October 2021 Discussion Thread

    3. 10,494

      The Tennis Thread

    4. 3,095

      Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy