7 hours ago, Chris B said:

Seeing them side by side is incredible. I hadn't realized how much they do look a like. If it works out I'd hope at one point they pull an Another World with Vicky/Marley and bring Hilary back (who people prefer Mishael as anyway) and they could have Karla play Amanda. Either way I will be tuning in to see how Karla does.

I'd be here for this just for the fact we could have 5 black women on the show at once

um... why not just bring her on officially as an Amanda recast and have MM return as Hilary? This show desperately needs more melanin, and they can hand-wave the twin/dopplganger thing. LOL 

4 hours ago, dio said:

um... why not just bring her on officially as an Amanda recast and have MM return as Hilary? This show desperately needs more melanin, and they can hand-wave the twin/dopplganger thing. LOL 

Seriously. I think that would be great. The audience wouldn't care at all. Think about how many doppelgangers/twins has Y&R had over the years - Kay, John, Cassie, Phyllis, Lauren, Cane, Patty - that's 7 just off the top of my head. 

Y&R has probably as many doubles as DAYS has had returns from the dead.  

Posted (edited)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN77A3DA6AS/

^ Karla Mosley April 21st

---------------------------------------------------

Please register in order to view this content

https://www.instagram.com/p/CN-pldehwIx/

mishaelmorgan Verified
April 22
Young And Restless CBS Studio

First day back and It's like riding a bike! #yr
@cbstv @youngandrestlesscbs

---------------------------------------------------

Same hairstyle and blouse on Karla and Mishael.
April 21st was Karla's final day taping as Amanda,
and April 22nd was Mishael's first day back taping.

Edited by janea4old

I love the posts on this thread suggesting

to hire Karla Mosley as an official Amanda recast,

and have Mishael Morgan play a returned Hillary.

Thank you to all who suggested that, it's a great idea!

And I would add, have them both on contract at Y&R.

And then ...
Hire a Black transgender actress as a recast Maya on B&B

12 minutes ago, janea4old said:

I love the posts on this thread suggesting

to hire Karla Mosley as an official Amanda recast,

and have Mishael Morgan play a returned Hillary.

Thank you to all who suggested that, it's a great idea!

And I would add, have them both on contract at Y&R.

And then ...
Hire a Black transgender actress as a recast Maya on B&B

Can you imagine—MM as Hilary, KM as Amanda, and Leigh-Ann Rose as Imani? It would be beyond epic. Classic soap yet groundbreaking. It’s sad that it’s not even remotely a possibility.

B&B could probably hire one of the Pose actresses, like MJ Rodriguez.

I don't bother with Y&R now but I am happy for Karla to get a few weeks work - she was a bright spark in GL's last year. She also had a fun web series with Victor St. John after GL ended that I wish had run a little longer. (it was called Wed-locked)

the fact that they're not trying to recreate Victoria Rowell's reign by using MM's popularity is absolutely dumbfounding. Instead, they stay using MM as a launching pad for other characters. MM back as Hilary being Drucilla for the 21st century just makes too much sense. 

Posted (edited)
On 4/29/2021 at 12:30 AM, DRW50 said:

I don't bother with Y&R now but I am happy for Karla to get a few weeks work - she was a bright spark in GL's last year. She also had a fun web series with Victor St. John after GL ended that I wish had run a little longer. (it was called Wed-locked)

Karla Mosley did Wed Locked with

Lawrence Saint-Victor (B&B's Carter).

"Victor St. John"?
I assume that was a name mix-up with ...
Trevor St. John (OLTL's Victor Jr.)?

More on Wed Locked here;

Edited by janea4old
  • 2 weeks later...

Didn't know where to post this but this seemed like a good place - Karla Mosley is 7 months pregnant.

------

https://www.instagram.com/p/COquY6oA6Wr/

May 9, 2021

karlamose Verified
With deep, humble gratitude I honor all the mothers, aunts and care-giving womxn healers in my life and yours. Yes. We have another addition coming around early July! (Second glamour shot taken by my daughter the other day #ThisIs31Weeks.) And then my own wild, eccentric, big-hearted mama who we traveled this morning to see along with my sister!!!!!!!!!!!! Many emotions brewing, but mostly a deep and quiet gratitude. #HappyMothersDay (1st Photo Credit: @damu_malik_photo) For more of these beautiful photos and the full story of my pregnancy journey, check out @soapdigest NEXT WEEK!

Edited by janea4old
6 hours ago, janea4old said:

Didn't know where to post this but this seemed like a good place - Karla Mosley is 7 months pregnant.

------

https://www.instagram.com/p/COquY6oA6Wr/

May 9, 2021

karlamose Verified
With deep, humble gratitude I honor all the mothers, aunts and care-giving womxn healers in my life and yours. Yes. We have another addition coming around early July! (Second glamour shot taken by my daughter the other day #ThisIs31Weeks.) And then my own wild, eccentric, big-hearted mama who we traveled this morning to see along with my sister!!!!!!!!!!!! Many emotions brewing, but mostly a deep and quiet gratitude. #HappyMothersDay (1st Photo Credit: @damu_malik_photo) For more of these beautiful photos and the full story of my pregnancy journey, check out @soapdigest NEXT WEEK!

I figured she was pregnant from some of the outfits they had her in as Amanda. A lot of loose stuff which Mishael doesn’t usually wear.