Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Firstly, I do feel that there is on part of Wes Ramsey a very 'decided' choice to act that way. It's the wrong acting choice, by a long shot,  but it's oddly intricate. He seems to be making active critical choices but his critical choices suck. Maybe before social distancing the directors had to slap the crap out of him to get him to not do that and now they cant? It's hard for me to call it bad acting because it is intricate and very decided. But, this is the wrong place and the wrong time.

 

Secondly, what is that blueish hue in each scene? Due they just not know Davinci Resolve is free?

Thirdly, the scenes with Wes and JPS, with the sound off, is kinda hot tbh. I am going to have a wet dream tonight...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point, I wouldn’t be surprised if the producers and Wes Ramsey himself are just trolling everyone. They can’t be completely oblivious to a lot of the viewer pushback that isn’t based on the character construction, writing etc 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think directors on any of these soaps are giving notes to ANYONE.

 

It’s all about getting one scene after the other taped as quickly as possible. Wes Ramsey could literally hiss for 20 seconds and the director would yell “That’s a wrap.”

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

Wes Ramsey could literally hiss for 20 seconds and the director would yell “That’s a wrap.”

Oh, so you've seen Friday's episode already?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ranger1rg said:

I don’t think directors on any of these soaps are giving notes to ANYONE.


It is undeniably true that soap directors nowadays are probably so pressed by time that they are more focused on blocking. But they are still directors - and that's the job they chose and love - so I don't also believe there is no room for giving notes when needed.
No time to micro-manage like film directors would: sure. Telling an actor he is making a bad acting choice that is ruining the scene: your job as director.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

Wes has hissed several times. in his new pseudo British accent.

 

There’s a new nickname - Peter AugHISSED

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, allmc2008 said:

Firstly, I do feel that there is on part of Wes Ramsey a very 'decided' choice to act that way. It's the wrong acting choice, by a long shot,  but it's oddly intricate. He seems to be making active critical choices but his critical choices suck.

You're probably right. It has to be WR's choice.

 

That does kind of prove even more that he was miscast in the role. He can't really play a villain

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, allmc2008 said:

Secondly, what is that blueish hue in each scene? Due they just not know Davinci Resolve is free?

 

 

I've felt this way about GH's colour-grading style for YEARS (it wasn't this way pre-FV). It has infinitely more sets than Y&R, yet it is a very cold soap visually.

12 hours ago, victoria foxton said:

in his new pseudo British accent

 

He should take notes from Brenda Dickson. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ChickenNuggetz92 said:

 

I've felt this way about GH's colour-grading style for YEAIRS (it wasn't this way pre-FV). It has infinitely more sets than Y&R, yet it is a very cold soap visually.

 

He should take notes from Brenda Dickson. 

And DOOL is worse, to be honest. I use to defend Frankypoo -- thinking Ron's influence clouded the show. But now I know he was equally week.

 

I'm inclined to believe he already did

Please register in order to view this content

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, allmc2008 said:

And DOOL is worse, to be honest. I use to defend Frankypoo -- thinking Ron's influence clouded the show. But now I know he was equally week.

 

I'm inclined to believe he already did

Please register in order to view this content

 

I only started watching bits of DOOL because of Tamara Braun, and I agree that the colour-grading on that show is definitely way too warm/yellow LOL. Apparently only CBS can hire decent colour-graders. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't understand the point of Sasha and Brando, individually or together. They're both nice looking, but... zzzZzzz.

 

I've come to like Chase and I feel bad for him, both because of the poisoning and because Willow is going to break his heart. Michael and Willow are also zzzZzzz.

 

Also zzzZzzz is Cyrus. Most boring villain ever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AlexElizabeth said:

I don't understand the point of Sasha and Brando, individually or together. They're both nice looking, but... zzzZzzz.

 

I've come to like Chase and I feel bad for him, both because of the poisoning and because Willow is going to break his heart. Michael and Willow are also zzzZzzz.

 

Also zzzZzzz is Cyrus. Most boring villain ever.

 

Cyrus is an exceptionally boring villain.  Bring Alcazar back or something.  At least he was hot.

 

I like Sasha/Brando.  But I have always like Sasha better than Willow.  I am closer to shipping Sonny/Nina because all the real couples on the show are dreadful.  I have never seen a soap with a lot of nice, pretty people have so little chemistry with one another.  Across the board.  I don't know if it's COVID effects or what, but the show has no charm at all.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy