Jump to content

Days: April 2021 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, AbcNbc247 said:

Are they really going to go there with Xander and Chanel?

 

And the more I think about Abby and the way that she's been lately, the more I think that isn't really Abby, and that another alter came out somehow.

There are moments when Marci’s Abby is giving me Alicia Coppola-as-Lorna vibes (just a hint).

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

There are moments when Marci’s Abby is giving me Alicia Coppola-as-Lorna vibes (just a hint).

Hmmm... I'll have to go back and watch some AW episodes then. But I do have to say, MM's acting has greatly improved since her last run.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get this Cin story.  Why isn't Ben more happy that his wife is alive?  I know she doesn't remember him, but shouldn't he be happy she is alive and let her recover and regain her memories slowly?  Why is he forcing her?  It's almost creepy.  Her being alive and not remembering you is a bummer, but Ciara being dead is worse lol.  Also, why is Marlena getting involved with this when John has a more pertinent crisis currently happening?  It's really stupid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, carolineg said:

Why is he forcing her?  It's almost creepy. 


You mean, former serial killer has trouble with being controlling and being respectful to women's psychological and physical space?

You don't say.
But here is the thing: if it was intentional and they chose to revisit his psychology in an honest way, tying this reaction back to his past, it might actually be interesting. I'd love to see Marlena confront him about it and him reckon with how much of who he was, he still is and be conflicted about it. That's a character-driven story and even with a serial killer, you can write good drama out of it.

But that's not it.
They are writing it because they think it is romantic. That his impatience is out of love and we are supposed to swoon he misses his Ciara or something. That a woman who does not remember her man is not herself.
Bite me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I just binged the enter season to date during the past month. MM definitely benefited from better writing and a new approach. I do believe that Abby is in an alter. What would've been great:  if Gwen is actually protecting Abby, who showed up to the room and got into an altercation with Dr. Laura and accidentally pushed her. 

 

So Chanel drives from Miami to see her mom, but wasn't there for christening. Did they establish that Paulina was actually moving to Salem permanently? I just got that she wanted to invest there. It was strange for Paulina to direct Chanel to 'pound the pavement' to find a job there - as if knocking on doors, help wanted signs have been relevant since the 1990s. And why didn't Chanel question Paulina about staying in 'Springfield' permanently? Odd set-up, but both characters have potential. 

 

It's too bad that Victor can't have scenes with Ciara. I always liked their scenes, but it's understandable. Clare as a doe-eyed ingenue just doesn't work - this is combo of writing and actor. 

 

Please make Ben Marlena's kid. Seriously. If Cin can have a psychic connection, then the 'unspoken' mom-son bond that caused Dr. Marlena Evans to throw all logic out the window regarding Ben would be somewhat plausible.   

 

  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, FrenchBug82 said:


You mean, former serial killer has trouble with being controlling and being respectful to women's psychological and physical space?

You don't say.
But here is the thing: if it was intentional and they chose to revisit his psychology in an honest way, tying this reaction back to his past, it might actually be interesting. I'd love to see Marlena confront him about it and him reckon with how much of who he was, he still is and be conflicted about it. That's a character-driven story and even with a serial killer, you can write good drama out of it.

But that's not it.
They are writing it because they think it is romantic. That his impatience is out of love and we are supposed to swoon he misses his Ciara or something. That a woman who does not remember her man is not herself.
Bite me.

Totally.  If Ben was showing signs of psychological issues or something it would be fine, but it's played like a romantic love story.  And Ben is the injured party.  Just give the girl some space.  He's not even really taking the time to access the situation before making Marlena hypnotize her, which Marlena should not have done.  

8 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

 

 

Please make Ben Marlena's kid. Seriously. If Cin can have a psychic connection, then the 'unspoken' mom-son bond that caused Dr. Marlena Evans to throw all logic out the window regarding Ben would be somewhat plausible.   

 

  

 

 

Gross.  Please no.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Xander and Chanel were kind of funny, I was cracking up when she found the kilt and said, "Maybe I should've asked you for your pronouns."

 

I know Theo is the "bad guy" for not being gaga about Ben/Ciara but I love having him around for this story.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, alexisfan07 said:

So uh...is Days getting renewed or not? Doesn't their production end very soon? That can't be a good sign.

It ends next friday. 

 

I would assume it got renewed? Because they would have to atleast tell ron as he probably wrote past september. 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, alexisfan07 said:

So uh...is Days getting renewed or not? Doesn't their production end very soon? That can't be a good sign.

I was just thinking about that today. What’s the tea?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

I was just thinking about that today. What’s the tea?

Its not funny but what if they are just waiting till the very last minute and they tell everyone their cancelled that last day.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, alexisfan07 said:

How many months ahead is the production schedule now? Did they get way ahead again after they came back from the break?

They would be filming September now . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, alexisfan07 said:

How many months ahead is the production schedule now? Did they get way ahead again after they came back from the break?

I heard that Days is 3 months ahead. But their probably more ahead than that. 

Edited by victoria foxton
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a bit hard to imagine they'd cancel it with co-vid still around, but I guess they could surrender the slot to affiliates?

 

With that said, last time around production got shut down and everyone got released from their contracts, so who knows if they'll let it happen again just to try and get it even cheaper than last time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy