‘The Bold and the Beautiful’ Plots Unexpected Death

Since none of the facial muscles of any of the actors move under the weight of botox and fillers, the real question is how will the audience know the character is dead. 

Poor Vinny or some other rando character that will show up out of the blue for 4 episodes and then be off'd. 

No soap has ever faceplanted at crime-related stories more consistently than B&B. It's absolutely shocking how bad they are at it - and not in the campy, fun way. Just terrible television.  

5 minutes ago, edgeofnik said:

Poor Vinny or some other rando character that will show up out of the blue for 4 episodes and then be off'd. 

No soap has ever faceplanted at crime-related stories more consistently than B&B. It's absolutely shocking how bad they are at it - and not in the campy, fun way. Just terrible television.  

In the history of modern soaps there are two that are completely irrelevant and should never have aired: B&B which cancelled Capitol, a classy show with a great premise and wonderful cast; and Sunset Beach which was a laughable knock off of Santa Barbara and Baywatch.

28 minutes ago, RavenWhitney said:

In the history of modern soaps there are two that are completely irrelevant and should never have aired: B&B which cancelled Capitol, a classy show with a great premise and wonderful cast; and Sunset Beach which was a laughable knock off of Santa Barbara and Baywatch.

I'd argue Capitol shouldn't never kicked SFT. When you look at SFT's ratings at the time of cancellation, it's downright shocking. 

The only thing B&B has excelled at: production. Their use of exterior location remotes, including LA and Studio City, is unmatched in this century. Otherwise, B&B rarely has stories worth watching - and this is from someone who has tuned in and out many times.

The show should be better and history has shown upcoming stories like the above are not only destined for disappointment, but also will never be spoken of within 3 - 5 episodes after conclusion.  

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Tell a friend

Love Soap Opera Network Community? Tell a friend!
    • Wes was suppose to be jock but after the dream season the story was changed.
    • from @jam6242    re:   Elaine Rost   Jane Marsh Moderator Eric  She played Peggy Craig on Our Gal Sunday (1948); Carol Stevens and Lorna Gray on Front Page Farrell (1946); Jessie Pembroke (1947) and Jacqueline Steele (1950-1951) on Young Widder Brown; Esther Moore on Right to Happiness (1946); Patti Dawson (Rosemary's teenage sister) on Rosemary (1947); Orpha on Light of the World (1948); Linda Prince on Song of the Stranger (1947); Anita Harrison on When a Girl Marries (1956); unknown roles on My True Story (1945, 1946, and 1956), Backstage Wife (1946), Young Dr. Malone (1947), The Second Mrs. Burton (1946), Joyce Jordan, M.D. (1952), Romance of Helen Trent (1952), and Whispering Streets; and Narrator on Woman in Love (1954). She was on Aunt Jenny in 1951 and Perry Mason in 1953.   She was probably in a lot of early tv soaps too but I can't find anything specific. This is from 1958. Please register in order to view this content   Eric  Saw a blurb that called her Queen of Soap Operas.  
    • There is some stuff for me to nitpick here: * The Wes Parmalee story was definitely a misfire but did it really matter in the scheme of things? Even in its best days, the show had its fair share of dud stories; Dallas for better or for worse wasn't a well-plotted show (much better than Dynasty, mind you). You tuned in because it had great characters. * Killing Bobby was the mistake. Boy, did Duffy f*** up there.  But, yeah, the dream was... a bold choice. That I could have almost accepted if they had been coherent how they tied the loose ends. But it was a last minute bit of cleverness and they clearly hadn't thought the follow-up through. Any fan can list the long list of things that were left over from "before the dream" that it made no sense not to be addressed again if the dream season was a dream. * I personally think Kristin was a powerful character when she was on but her value would have dwindled over time and I am not upset she was written out. I do not agree she had years of stories in her although they could have kept her alive and sprung her for a surprise revenge later (typically the kind of character it would have been fun to bring back for the lead-up to a JR comeuppance finale). * I don't think Jenna was a well-written character but she provided a useful obstacle for Pam/Bobby and I was OK with that. And the minute you accept a different actress playing the same character, you have to suspend disbelief as to the inconsistencies with the earlier tale. It wasn't absurd to revisit it and it was quickly resolved so ... fine. Again, Dallas wasn't that good at plotting but the character interaction worked in the grand scheme of the Pam/Bobby story. * Lucy was useless from Day One.
    • I like Gizelle too! But I also love Karen. Their banter is A+. I pretty much can find something to enjoy with everyone on Potomac (yes, even Candiace). One thing: the RHOP women are ALL skilled fighters. There’s not a shrinking violet in the bunch.   Beverly Hills is (almost) the opposite for me, which is why I won’t be watching. I just don’t find these women likable. At all. It’s unpleasant as a viewer. Those first 2-3 seasons (and select later moments like Amsterdam) were brilliant, though.
  • Recent Status Updates

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy