DAYS - an odd choice to return

Dan Wells' instagram notes he will be back in Salem as Sami's alter-ego Stan

Screenshot_2021-02-23 Dan Wells ( officialdanwells) • Instagram photos and videos.jpg

That’s totally random. I remember it being one of JER’s stupid stuff plots at the time, didn’t it start in the show’s 10,000th episode? Kudos to both Sweeney and Wells for pulling it off to actually be entertaining without it becoming a Passions-reject story. 

Not sure what Wells has been up to lately. Last I remember him he was in one of those Fox/MyNet telenovelas playing some super spy bodyguard going against villains played by Casper Van Dien and Amanda from Dynasty. It was mess of a show lol.

I'm guessing Sami's going to be limited in her appearances and they're going to fill it out with Dan Wells.

Either that or he's a re-cast Eric.

4 hours ago, j swift said:

Dan Wells' instagram notes he will be back in Salem as Sami's alter-ego Stan

Screenshot_2021-02-23 Dan Wells ( officialdanwells) • Instagram photos and videos.jpg

Thanks for that find. I had made a couple of screengrabs in case Dan deleted things, which he has now done. In this enlarged photo, which is not seen in the main photo you posted, "Stan" can be seen on the wardrobe's shoebox.

5cfcfc07effcae9dbfb42b0511506614edf60501

Regardless of the writer, you have to admit that it is pretty impressive that Sami Brady, a woman with no formal education or training, could create a disguise that intricate.  I mean even Stefano and Rolf had to resort to hiding in the shadows.  They wish that they could have gone undercover with such good makeup and prosthetics.  

17 minutes ago, j swift said:

Regardless of the writer, you have to admit that it is pretty impressive that Sami Brady, a woman with no formal education or training, could create a disguise that intricate.

I wouldn't say "impressive."  In fact, I'd say it was "f**kin' stoopid."  And to have to be reminded of that idiocy like this?  Even worse.  But, Ron's gonna Ron.

2 hours ago, j swift said:

Regardless of the writer, you have to admit that it is pretty impressive that Sami Brady, a woman with no formal education or training, could create a disguise that intricate.  I mean even Stefano and Rolf had to resort to hiding in the shadows.  They wish that they could have gone undercover with such good makeup and prosthetics.  

I think it was the handiwork of one of Andre DiMera's goons. Or someone. Something. I dunno, haha. It wasn't her doing though. I remember the scene when Sami transformed into Stan with prosthetics and a wig, and we ended the scene with Dan Wells in the role lip-syncing pre-recorded audio of Alison talking. 

2 hours ago, j swift said:

1 minute ago, Gray Bunny said:

I think it was the handiwork of one of Andre DiMera's goons. Or someone. Something. I dunno, haha. It wasn't her doing though. I remember the scene when Sami transformed into Stan with prosthetics and a wig, and we ended the scene with Dan Wells in the role lip-syncing pre-recorded audio of Alison talking. 

Yeah that was it. Sami was devastated because she lost Lucas, and because Roman and Marlena were "dead" , and she wanted revenge on everybody, especially John and Kate. And some random guy just showed up at her apartment and turned her into Stan.

32 minutes ago, Gray Bunny said:

That's how Ali ended up having so many episodes that year, since she did the Sami voiceovers, or her episode count that year would have been much lower.

1 hour ago, AbcNbc247 said:

And some random guy just showed up at her apartment and turned her into Stan.

I guess that makes more sense, given that Sami is certainly not a makeup expert.  I had forgotten that detail.  Sometimes the recall abilities of other fans causes a "Roseanne Rosanadana Moment" (ha)