Jump to content

Days: February 2021 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, Vee said:

Belle has been aged up into a hausfrau bc Martha Madison has always read too old for the part and is not a great actress. Beemer is serviceable but a clone of Bo. What a waste of generational characters - not that Shawn or Belle ever had much personality beyond 'white, under 25 and in love with each other'.

They both should have been more than that especially belle. Because of her birth circumstances.  But she was always such a bland good girl who would sometimes whore it up with phillip. Without any of her sisters or mothers depth. While I agree mm always seemed too old and matronly.  The endgame shawn/belle pairing hurt her more.  The writers are so unwilling to move her away from that.  Also why did she have her winter coat on inside all episode today?  It was actually bothering me. Take your coat off lol

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, Vee said:

Belle has been aged up into a hausfrau bc Martha Madison has always read too old for the part and is not a great actress. Beemer is serviceable but a clone of Bo. What a waste of generational characters - not that Shawn or Belle ever had much personality beyond 'white, under 25 and in love with each other'.

Beemer was actually fun on B&B. He still wasn't Laurence Olivier or even particularly steal-the-show charismatic but given something other than the tedious Shawn/Belle material, he had some life to him and sold an unexpected pairing very well. 
I blame it more on Belle (not just MM but the writing) that there isn't more spark to this couple

 

Edited by FrenchBug82
Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, FrenchBug82 said:

Beemer was actually fun on B&B. He still wasn't Laurence Olivier or even particularly steal-the-show charismatic but given something other than the tedious Shawn/Belle material, he had some life to him and sold an unexpected pairing very well. 
I blame it more on Belle (not just MM but the writing) that there isn't more spark to this couple

 

I just don't think Belle/Shawn are an endgame couple.  KS and JC were adorable as young Belle and Shawn, but it became increasingly clear there were better options for both.  I wish the show had the courage to move away from Shelle the way they did Roman/Marlena into John/Marlena.  Phillip/Belle were where it was at.  And Shawn easily could have found a new love interest or maybe even Chloe.  They dated for years in real life!  I truly get the concept of Belle and Shawn is an amazing thought- Bo/Hope/John/Marlena's children together!  But it also limited story for John because clearly at some point they should have just made him real Roman and now its incestuous for Brady/Theresa and Shelle.  The show could have saved literally 1000 John retcons to make him Roman in like 2001.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FrenchBug82 said:

Beemer was actually fun on B&B. He still wasn't Laurence Olivier or even particularly steal-the-show charismatic but given something other than the tedious Shawn/Belle material, he had some life to him and sold an unexpected pairing very well. 
I blame it more on Belle (not just MM but the writing) that there isn't more spark to this couple

 

Beemer is forgettable. I had forgotten he was on B&B

Link to post
Share on other sites

Man... they could've done so much more with Charlie. He could've tried to worm his way into Henry's life and get some sort of custody of him. Tripp and Allie could've joined forces to stop him and grown closer over that. Instead Charlie is going to die and we're going to have a boring murder mystery, and it's been all of 5 minutes since Allie remembered that Tripp isn't her rapist, and they're already making goo-goo eyes at each other.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, carolineg said:

I just don't think Belle/Shawn are an endgame couple.  KS and JC were adorable as young Belle and Shawn, but it became increasingly clear there were better options for both.  I wish the show had the courage to move away from Shelle the way they did Roman/Marlena into John/Marlena.  Phillip/Belle were where it was at.  And Shawn easily could have found a new love interest or maybe even Chloe.  They dated for years in real life!

 

I remember right before Sheffer got dumped, when they first went there with Belle really being hot and horny for JKJ's returned Phillip. They had also brought back Bjorlin as Chloe as a much more adult, sophisticated and scheming character and were clearly testing her off of Beemer. Both couples worked, however fundamentally mediocre Madison and Beemer were. Then they dropped it all. All of the characters have been rode so hard since (especially Chloe) that I don't know how you start from zero. But I would still recast Belle and fundamentally rework her, if it were up to me.

I remember when they got Jason Cook back briefly in the anniversary year - he was really good as an older Shawn. tbh I think you could get him now. While Beemer does a better job than Madison, I'd aim for Cook.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Vee said:

Belle has been aged up into a hausfrau bc Martha Madison has always read too old for the part and is not a great actress. Beemer is serviceable but a clone of Bo. What a waste of generational characters - not that Shawn or Belle ever had much personality beyond 'white, under 25 and in love with each other'.

If the show wants to write a real storyline for Shawn and Belle, rather than have them serve supporting roles in Claire's stories, I think they should lean into Martha Madison's frigid hausfrau vibe and do a story where Belle loses her libido and ends up pushing Shawn away. Then he might turn to Chloe (or whoever) for comfort, which eventually turns into sex. If the show really wanted to be daring, the person he'd turn to for comfort/hot sex would be Paul, and eventually we'd get the big reveal of Belle shrieking, "You slept with my brother!"

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Vee said:

 

I remember right before Sheffer got dumped, when they first went there with Belle really being hot and horny for JKJ's returned Phillip. They had also brought back Bjorlin as Chloe as a much more adult, sophisticated and scheming character and were clearly testing her off of Beemer. Both couples worked, however fundamentally mediocre Madison and Beemer were. Then they dropped it all. All of the characters have been rode so hard since (especially Chloe) that I don't know how you start from zero. But I would still recast Belle and fundamentally rework her, if it were up to me.

I remember when they got Jason Cook back briefly in the anniversary year - he was really good as an older Shawn. tbh I think you could get him now. While Beemer does a better job than Madison, I'd aim for Cook.

 

Madison bothers me a lot more than Beemer.  Cook is better, but MM is the problem.  Some of its the writing, but MM has no spark or life in her performance.  She seems like a nice person and does resemble DH and is serviceable as an actress, but she is dull and has 0 sex appeal.  Idk, I have always thought Belle could have been so much more and KS version was slightly better.  Plus MM and BB have like no chemistry.  John and Marlena seem 100 times hotter for each other than Shawn and Belle and that's just wrong.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, carolineg said:

 

Madison bothers me a lot more than Beemer.  Cook is better, but MM is the problem.  Some of its the writing, but MM has no spark or life in her performance.  She seems like a nice person and does resemble DH and is serviceable as an actress, but she is dull and has 0 sex appeal.  Idk, I have always thought Belle could have been so much more and KS version was slightly better.  Plus MM and BB have like no chemistry.  John and Marlena seem 100 times hotter for each other than Shawn and Belle and that's just wrong.

I agree on all of this minus her being a nice person. 

10 hours ago, ranger1rg said:


Someone that good looking is never forgettable.

Eh... I've never found him hot. His face is too gaunt. He's too thin imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

I agree on all of this minus her being a nice person. 

Eh... I've never found him hot. His face is too gaunt. He's too thin imo.

Is she not a nice person lol?  She seems so positive about Days and I thought she seemed very much a team player.  But what do I know?

 

Yes about BB's face being gaunt!  I couldn't figure out why he wasn't attractive to me and that's exactly it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, carolineg said:

Is she not a nice person lol?  She seems so positive about Days and I thought she seemed very much a team player.  But what do I know?

 

Yes about BB's face being gaunt!  I couldn't figure out why he wasn't attractive to me and that's exactly it.

I made a comment on social media about Days and she bit my head off. She was rude and very unprofessional. She's a b!tch!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Soapsuds said:

I made a comment on social media about Days and she bit my head off. She was rude and very unprofessional. She's a b!tch!!

Wow!  She comes off as nice, but I have no problem with a recast.  I think Belle/Shawn are needed on the canvas but she brings nothing to the role.  Charity Rahmer was more entertaining especially when she was seemingly hitting on her own father lol.  I just think John/Marlena's only  kid and Bo/Hope's son should be on screen, especially with Ciara being very recurring.  I also think the show should find Andrew Donovan and possibly bring Stephanie back as well.  Jonny should be back too.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Beemer isn't thin at all. It is just his bone structure that is so defined that makes him look gaunt if you choose to look at him that way.
I mean, tastes will vary but I don't think anyone can plausibly say he is not a good-looking man even if he is not your type.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



  • Tell a friend

    Love Soap Opera Network Community? Tell a friend!
  • Posts

    • Speaking of passions, How exactly did that show get cancelled. I know it was dead last but it did well in the demos they want.
    • I don't feel sorry for Kenya because she strikes me as very self-aware and she knows that her role on the show is being an antagonist and she is more than happy to earn her paycheck by stirring s**t. She knows what she is here for and she is happy playing the part and I am fine with that since she seems to be. But I continue to be fascinated by the number of times Kenya has been subsequently proven absolutely right on things that were hotly debated - and generally against her - in the fandom.  
    • I mean, not to be snarky, but Days has been NBC's only soap for twenty years so it is kind of easy to be their "favorite soap".
    • Idk, I feel like Days, much like GH, has always been their own networks favorite.  I think they both have always had a little more leeway especially now since they are the last ones standing.  I can't see how Days/Gh don't make some money.  Obviously, Days works on a shoestring, but I think they still do okay.  Plus, they still resemble a show that was great years ago with all the vets still involved.  They have had a lot of awkward stories, but NBC is a network that greenlit Passions for many years.
    • Ding, ding, ding. lol.   Well thankfully, someone was kind enough to do an article about this and I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post from that site so let me see if I can break down what happened:   During the height of BLM and Bravo firing people right and left, Bravo was going to open a dialogue about race. Problem? They were only going to do it by streaming/Intrasgram. KANDI, who was wanting to talk to Bravo about changes about how the network dealt with race, got wind of this and emailed them, saying they should do it in prime time as a special to reach a wider audience. She also suggested they used Bravolebrities. Bravo agreed. The result? The RACE IN AMERICA specials that Bravo aired.    Meanwhile, Kandi asked Bravo to work with more black owned production companies and hire more from well known black universities. Basically what we have been saying in other threads on these boards about how representation...true representation...should be in front of AND behind camera. That way people get to experience what it was like to be around other races and have diversity. Kandi told Porsha, Tanya, and Marlo about reaching out to Bravo. And they...did not take kindly to that. Kandi was shocked, especially since it seem they were mostly annoyed that Kandi reached out to Bravo without discussing it first. So Kandi got annoyed...especially at Porsha who at that point was very active in the BLM movement as well.    The disagreement supposingly got leaked to the press. So FILMED ON THE SHOW Kandi confronted Porsha about all of this. BUT...that scene WAS CUT. The problem? A lot of Kenya's actions after that was filmed since she walked into the middle of the conversation when it was filmed WAS NOT CUT OUT OF THE SHOW, making it seem like she was just 'being the villain.' Said scene would have revealed her motivations for all she said in the first place, giving the slow burn needed to that bachelorette party I've said months ago. Kenya had already discussed this scene (even on one of Kandi's SPEAK ON IT I believe) and accused Porsha of begging producers to cut the footage per the image she was showing this season since the conversation put Porsha in a not nice light since it seem clear she was jealous of Kandi for being active in BLM as well.    I believe you mentioned the interview Kandi did with Vulture above. Well so did Porsha. Last night. On her LIVE.   Before last night, people have asked her about this before now. But she has been mute. Last night she defended her part in the situation. However she also admitted YES SHE ASKED PRODUCTION TO CUT THE SCENE. aka KENYA WAS RIGHT. aka UH OH.   Porsha also confirmed that Kandi and Porsha had cleared up this disagreement but it went left when Kenya walked over and Kandi and Porsha fell out. So Porsha knew how it would look...BAD...so she went to them to take it out.   Thus, Kenya who was right does not like being made to look like a liar and the running rumor is that she brought this up at the reunion...AND WE MIGHT SEE THE SCENE TOO...and she brought receipts to back this up. She really felt that Porsha must be using BLM for personal reasons if she is going to be pressed about Kandi also supporting BLM...and if as they are all black women supporting the same cause...why is Porsha pressed? Why does she not own it? And THAT brings us to what you said above...cuz if that comes out...that brings us back to a few months ago when some of us here were debating if Porsha's activism was real or not...and that answer would become murky I suspect with the new scene in question.    I knew Porsha was already marching before filming so I feel she was being real and raising awareness. But being jealous of Kandi for doing the same...is not a good look. She could have pivot from that, but kinda chose not to per her constant rivalry with Kenya. Bad form. And thus mess.   I feel like I forgot something but that is the basis I believe.       
  • Recent Status Updates

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy