Jump to content

Y&R February 2021 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, FrenchBug82 said:

I hadn't watched a Phyllis scene in a while and all I will say, because I am trying to be charitable, is what is Michelle Stafford doing? Does she even want to be there at all?

 

Part of her is definitely only there for the check but I also think she is dried up acting wise. Its obvious this production regime has realized this as well which is why she isn't being written for as a lead anymore like she was when she first returned. Should've kept Tognoni but 🙄

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, detroitpiston said:

Part of her is definitely only there for the check but I also think she is dried up acting wise. Its obvious this production regime has realized this as well which is why she isn't being written for as a lead anymore like she was when she first returned. Should've kept Tognoni but 🙄

Agree, I preferred Tognoni in the part. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chatty Cakes said:

Agree, I preferred Tognoni in the part. 

And she was probably cheaper for the show too.

GT was always the (much!) better actress but I was gobsmacked by how lazy MS' acting was today. Even by her usual standards, she looked like she wasn't even trying.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, FrenchBug82 said:

And she was probably cheaper for the show too.

GT was always the (much!) better actress but I was gobsmacked by how lazy MS' acting was today. Even by her usual standards, she looked like she wasn't even trying.

I didn’t watch today’s episode but I haven’t been too impressed since her return. The whispering and gesturing is distracting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Chatty Cakes said:

I didn’t watch today’s episode but I haven’t been too impressed since her return. The whispering and gesturing is distracting.

Well those things have been her trademark for a loooong time. This was something different. She looked disengaged.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

I hadn't watched a Phyllis scene in a while and all I will say, because I am trying to be charitable, is what is Michelle Stafford doing? Does she even want to be there at all?

 


It’s totally bizarre and comical. She seems to be playing Nina from GH more than Phyllis. Definitely not the MS I remember, but I guess they haven’t given her any serious material since she returned and she’s acting accordingly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Soap-princess said:


It’s totally bizarre and comical. She seems to be playing Nina from GH more than Phyllis. Definitely not the MS I remember, but I guess they haven’t given her any serious material since she returned and she’s acting accordingly. 


Maybe I am going to be mean, but she screwed them over by leaving abruptly to take another role on another show, didn't do particularly well in that role, they got a really superior actress as a recast that did really good things acting-wise and was well-received by fans, and they STILL abruptly dumped said recast actress to hire back MS back at presumably a lot more money than she used to earn.
Even a humble actress would have gotten a bit cocky.
Why would she bother to make an effort? TPTB clearly sent the signal they wanted her regardless - without even having any plans to use her.

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is no need for Phyllis at this point and like so many others her romantic possibilities are limoted so it's just rehashing Phick with no real drama or stakes at hand.

MS is probably floundering and pissed due to the horrid writing and it's coming through onscreen.

Phyllis could leave town and even if Summer stayed they could write around her mother's absence for a fair while. Just don't put Summer in anything that would require Phyllis' physical presence.

Result - saving her salary to be spent elswhere and one less played out vet to write for.

Edited by Paul Raven
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

I hadn't watched a Phyllis scene in a while and all I will say, because I am trying to be charitable, is what is Michelle Stafford doing? Does she even want to be there at all?

 

Stafford is fine. She has her acting tics, but they’re much more controlled than in her last run. I really don’t get the complaints about her.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, detroitpiston said:

Part of her is definitely only there for the check but I also think she is dried up acting wise. Its obvious this production regime has realized this as well which is why she isn't being written for as a lead anymore like she was when she first returned. Should've kept Tognoni but 🙄


She sure gets a lot of airtime for someone production thinks is dried up. Look, I loved Gina Tognoni, but Michelle Stafford doesn’t phone it in.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, ranger1rg said:

She sure gets a lot of airtime for someone production thinks is dried up. Look, I loved Gina Tognoni, but Michelle Stafford doesn’t phone it in.

Setting aside whether she is "dried up" or just currently bored with the admittedly uninteresting material she is given lately, she was phoning it in big time in today's scenes.

And I'd be the first one to tell you the writing around Sally (whom I like) is weird and the dialogue in today's scene was really bad in the script itself. But still she was giving it nothing. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FrenchBug82 said:

Setting aside whether she is "dried up" or just currently bored with the admittedly uninteresting material she is given lately, she was phoning it in big time in today's scenes.

And I'd be the first one to tell you the writing around Sally (whom I like) is weird and the dialogue in today's scene was really bad in the script itself. But still she was giving it nothing. 


Agree to disagree. I don’t know what you wanted to see in those scenes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ranger1rg said:


She sure gets a lot of airtime for someone production thinks is dried up. Look, I loved Gina Tognoni, but Michelle Stafford doesn’t phone it in.

Honestly, airtime isn’t a great measure on this show. The problem I see is she’s becoming more of a comedian rather than acting, but this has also been noticeable in others too. For someone who has followed Michelle for nearly 20 years, it’s disappointing and cringy to see. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.