Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Y&R February 2021 Discussion Thread

Taoboi

• Members
15 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Not that the Kyle baby thing is some great gold, but they do tend to burn through any story that could conceivably provide drama while lingering on banal stuff like Victoria using her kids to manipulate Billy away from Lily. Kyle really shouldn’t know what Sally/Theo know this soon.

The old school soapy way would've been at some big event with half the town in attendance. I.e. Summer and Kyle's engagement. And then during the toast here comes in Theo and Sally with Kyle's baby mother who is probably going to be played by a former Daytime/Primetime soap star and the little boy. Havoc ensue. 

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
2 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

The old school soapy way would've been at some big event with half the town in attendance. I.e. Summer and Kyle's engagement. And then during the toast here comes in Theo and Sally with Kyle's baby mother who is probably going to be played by a former Daytime/Primetime soap star and the little boy. Havoc ensue. 

Exactly. They’ve forgotten how to milk story. Everything feels so tossed-off and half-assed and meaningless. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Exactly. They’ve forgotten how to milk story. Everything feels so tossed-off and half-assed and meaningless. 

The Josh Griffith Special. It seems like he is writing this show like he is doing those "Choose Your Own Adventures" Instead of writing an actual Daytime Soap Opera in 2021. 

• Members
6 minutes ago, Forever8 said:

The Josh Griffith Special. It seems like he is writing this show like he is doing those "Choose Your Own Adventures" Instead of writing an actual Daytime Soap Opera in 2021. 

Has JG given a proper interview about Y&R recently? I see Ron Carlivati and O’Connor/Van Etten doing press, but I don’t see JG out there much at all. Not that I expect the soap press to hold him accountable, but I’d love to hear what he thinks he’s doing. If he isn’t doing press, I’m curious about the reason.

• Members
25 minutes ago, Faulkner said:

Has JG given a proper interview about Y&R recently? I see Ron Carlivati and O’Connor/Van Etten doing press, but I don’t see JG out there much at all. Not that I expect the soap press to hold him accountable, but I’d love to hear what he thinks he’s doing. If he isn’t doing press, I’m curious about the reason.

I wonder the same exact thing too.

• Members
5 hours ago, Faulkner said:

He did a few when he first came on, Now he just does SOD previews and deactivated all his social media.

• Members
14 hours ago, Chatty Cakes said:

I get they want to throw the actors together but an affair would make more sense than Sharon working with Chelsea. I know she got her degree in counseling but as far as I remember she has no experience working with stroke victims. 

I'm not sure the show wants a full affair or their intimacy to be real. Kinda like Elena dreamed and day dreamed about  Devon to get it, chelsea is dreaming and fantasizing about Sharon and Adam. 

• Members

Good to see Theo back! We need a slightly bad boy. “He has your dimples”
How long are Nick and Phyllis going to be an item this time around? It’s about time for another break up.

Why so much Victoria and Billy? He’s moved on! 
Donny Boaz says they aren’t recasting Chance but I am wondering if they are trying to get Temp Chance back?

Edited by Chatty Cakes

• Members

Theo & Sally are fun. It was nice to see Kyle and Summer get knocked down a few pegs and put in their places. Kyle looked like he wet himself or something during that he confrontation.

What’s up with the weird wacky one shoulder dress Phyllis had on? Actually I think Lauren wore something similar a while back they look absolutely tacky!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by soapfan770

• Members

Announcement from CBS

The impeachment trial will air starting Tues Feb 9th
beginning at 12 noon Eastern "on all CBS broadcast stations"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-second-senate-impeachment-trial-how-to-watch/

(Another site says the trial starts at 1:00pm Eastern Tuesday, and noon daily thereafter)

This might not affect Y&R but it will probably affect B&B.

• Members
20 minutes ago, janea4old said:

Announcement from CBS

The impeachment trial will air starting Tues Feb 9th
beginning at 12 noon Eastern "on all CBS broadcast stations"

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-second-senate-impeachment-trial-how-to-watch/

(Another site says the trial starts at 1:00pm Eastern Tuesday, and noon daily thereafter)

This might not affect Y&R but it will probably affect B&B.

That’s pretty much overkill for CBS News no wonder they’re still struggling with CBSN still. 

I’d say Y&R and B&B should just continue to release new episodes online like Days does when then get pre-empted.