ALL: You couldn’t imagine THEM playing THAT story

• Members

This is for characters played by multiple actors over the years. What are stories that would have seemed insane or unbelievable played by another actor/actress in the role (but worked with the actor at the time)?

For some reason, I just can’t see Susan Flannery’s middle-aged Laura screwing Mark Valley’s Jack in a psych facility on DAYS. Might be just me LOL.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I can’t imagine Tamara Braun’s Carly seducing Tony.  I can see Laura Wright’s version doing it, but not TB.

I also cannot imagine David Lewis playing the 1990’s era Edward Quartermaine, especially the story with the Ward family.  Ingle played the sorrow and romance side better.  But I did love David Lewis.

• Members

Yes. I've never seen the 1970s episodes where Flannery played Laura, but just the notion of Susan Flannery playing the mom of Melissa Reeves' character has always made me laugh. I can't exactly see the family resemblance! 

Speaking of the Horton women, I can't imagine Marci Miller's Abby having an affair with EJ or lying about sleeping with Austin. 

• Members

GH

Definitely can't see James Franco's Franco playing him like an insufferable clown the way that RH does.

DOOL

Can't see Kyle Brandt's Philip playing the scheming little villain like JKJ does.

AW

Can't see Beverlee McKinsey's Iris sleeping with younger men Michael and Evan the way Carmen Duncan's did. Especially considering that BM's Iris was mortified when Elena started sleeping with Dennis.

• Members

DOOL

Can not see ED playing Kristen like this whining, simpering victim she is now or playing out tru luv forever with Brady even though they did have good chemistry

WN's Roman with Isabella (I know John wasn't Roman but I could never imagine any incarnation of Roman going for someone like her)

GH

MW's Kate doing any of that looney DID stuff KSu did

• Members

Agree 100%.

Didn’t Marj’s version of Alexandra Spaulding become a drug kingpin?  I cannot fathom Beverlee playing that.

I also cannot imagine Liz Keifer playing out some of the more villainous turns from the earlier versions of Blake.  The stuff with Phillip and even the earlier stuff with Eleni.  Sherry would have had a hard time hiding her true feelings about having twins with different fathers.  I can only imagine her trying to act that.

I accepted a lot from Mark Valley that I never would have from Matt.  He was a good actor and incredibly attractive, had a little of Matt’s sarcasm but was nothing like the OG Jack.  But I liked him!