Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Days: A Horton Returns

• Members
17 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

They didn't know who each other were lol

Laura checked herself into a clinic after Peter tried to drive her insane. Idk why but Jack happened to be at the same clinic. One of the conditions of this clinic was that nobody tell each other their real names, Jack and Laura met and introduced themselves as Clark and Monica. And they ended up hooking up. They kept the secret from Jen for a little while, but eventually she found out and married Peter.

I know it's a bit of a stretch. You would think that in the years Jack was married to Jen, he would have at least seen a picture of Laura.

Wow. So like Jen had zero pictures of her mom? I can’t really talk I have one picture in my whole apartment

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members
Posted (edited)
53 minutes ago, AbcNbc247 said:

They didn't know who each other were lol

Laura checked herself into a clinic after Peter tried to drive her insane. Idk why but Jack happened to be at the same clinic. One of the conditions of this clinic was that nobody tell each other their real names, Jack and Laura met and introduced themselves as Clark and Monica. And they ended up hooking up. They kept the secret from Jen for a little while, but eventually she found out and married Peter.

I know it's a bit of a stretch. You would think that in the years Jack was married to Jen, he would have at least seen a picture of Laura.

35 minutes ago, Antoyne said:

Wow. So like Jen had zero pictures of her mom? I can’t really talk I have one picture in my whole apartment

This was also a retcon, because apparently at one point, Jack & Jennifer did visit Laura offscreen.

Personally, I'd accept:

1. Gwen being conceived when Jack was off canvas between 1993-1994.

2. Gwen being conceived when Jack was off canvas between 1998-2001.

Edited by Franko

• Members
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Franko said:

This was also a retcon, because apparently at one point, Jack & Jennifer did visit Laura offscreen.

Personally, I'd accept:

1. Gwen being conceived when Jack was off canvas between 1993-1994.

2. Gwen being conceived when Jack was off canvas between 1998-2000.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know that. Shows what happens when writers don't do their homework.

I did hear a rumor a while ago (it's probably untrue though) that 

Edited by AbcNbc247

• Members
On 1/4/2021 at 3:17 AM, detroitpiston said:

I think this is an example of the benefit of filming closer to air date.

That was my thought too.

I'm looking forward to seeing her.

I know some will never care for her Laura, and I get it, but who else would they use at this point? lol. She IS Laura now. 

On 1/7/2021 at 7:16 PM, Antoyne said:

Right? LOL. It never made sense. I mean, I get why Reilly wanted Jack and Laura to hook up, but like, talk about forced.

• Members

It will be nice to see her again. I wonder how she will play off Cady. Considering how rarely Laura has appeared in the last 12 years it's crazy to think she has been able to play off all 3 adult Jennifers.

• Members
3 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

It will be nice to see her again. I wonder how she will play off Cady. Considering how rarely Laura has appeared in the last 12 years it's crazy to think she has been able to play off all 3 adult Jennifers.

lol that's true, she has! Reeves, Cameron and now Cady McClain. I kind of think JLB bears a resemblance to both Reeves and McClain. I actually wish Laura had been used more over the last 12 years. It was such a waste to have Bill and Laura off-screen (and then to just kill Bill off-screen with little fanfare ... anywho ... the character should have mattered more is what I'm getting at and it shouldn't have reached the point that because Edward Mallory had since passed and Bill was off-screen so much that they said "what the hell")

Edited by KMan101

• Members
Just now, KMan101 said:

lol that's true, she has! Reeves, Cameron and now Cady McClain. I kind of think JLB bears a resemblance to both Reeves and McClain. I actually wish Laura had been used more over the last 12 years. It was such a waste to have Bill and Laura off-screen (and then to just off Bill off-screen with little fanfare ... anywho ...)

I agree. I know many don't care for her as Laura, and I can't say Reilly's material did her any favors, but I do think JLB is a very unique, compelling actress who could have been properly utilized.

• Members
6 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I agree. I know many don't care for her as Laura, and I can't say Reilly's material did her any favors, but I do think JLB is a very unique, compelling actress who could have been properly utilized.

That's how I feel (and definitely agreed on Reilly's material). JLB is very unique and compelling and interesting to watch. I do think some of the hysterical Laura might have caused viewers to forget how good she is. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
33 minutes ago, Khan said:

Knowing Ron, he'll probably tie her (and Jack) to some random character from BITD, like Megan Hathaway or Ivy Jannings.

Shannon Tweed's waiting by the phone to reprise the role of Savannah Wilder ...

• Members
1 hour ago, John said:

Could Laura still be the Mom

Maybe she had DID and Gwen's mom is a personality

That is a depressingly plausible possibility, even if Laura's history has never before included DID.