Jump to content
Key Links: Announcements | Support Desk

Days: January 2021 Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Members
3 minutes ago, carolineg said:

 

I agree.  I don't like the way SH plays Kristen at all.  I think she's a good actress, but there is no humor in her portrayal.   She's always a victim and she is so morose.  There was always something root able (in a weird way) with ED's Kristen.  I don't know why Brady is so stuck on her.  Plus SH, is too young to be Kristen.  I know Kristen is younger than John and Marlena, but even with SORAS she should be about 10 years older than Brady.  They look like contemporaries.   Plus SH lacks any chemistry with the DH's or her siblings.  I think she's fine with EM and SS as Lani but that's about the only people on the show she sparks with.   I know it's a lot of bad writing, but Kristen should always be a thorn in Jarlena's side.  Sure, Marlena can be forgiving, but she's not downright stupid.  And cuddling Kristen while she sobs just makes them both look stupid.  I'd even except it if Kristen was somehow playing Marlena, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  She just wants MARLENA to raise her child if she's in prison forever lol.

 

I like SH too, but you've nailed it for me in both of your posts. It's not working.

 

That being said, SH seems to slay Susan Banks, but YMMV. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Members
8 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

I like SH too, but you've nailed it for me in both of your posts. It's not working.

 

That being said, SH seems to slay Susan Banks, but YMMV. 

 

I think she's fine as Susan, but I never had that much investment in Susan.  I always thought Susan was borderline obnoxious with both ED and SH.  Is Susan disturbed, slow, mentally incompetent, or just a little wacky?  Who knows?  We will just trot Susan out, much like Hattie, for comic relief and plot points.  I guess I just don't see the point of making SH Kristen when she basically plays random Dimera sibling #10.  It would have the same effect since they don't play on 99% of Kristen's history on the show.  But if they wanted to make Susan an actual character I would have no problem with SH playing her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
8 minutes ago, carolineg said:

 

I think she's fine as Susan, but I never had that much investment in Susan.  I always thought Susan was borderline obnoxious with both ED and SH.  Is Susan disturbed, slow, mentally incompetent, or just a little wacky?  Who knows?  We will just trot Susan out, much like Hattie, for comic relief and plot points.  I guess I just don't see the point of making SH Kristen when she basically plays random Dimera sibling #10.  It would have the same effect since they don't play on 99% of Kristen's history on the show.  But if they wanted to make Susan an actual character I would have no problem with SH playing her.

 

Again, exactly how I feel. You say it so much better! I'm still working on my coffee hahaha 

 

I agree Susan can be annoying. I do think SH could play her as an actual character. She does a good job, right on par with Eileen. Her Kristen is just too different.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
2 minutes ago, KMan101 said:

 

Again, exactly how I feel. You say it so much better! I'm still working on my coffee hahaha 

 

I agree Susan can be annoying. I do think SH could play her as an actual character. She does a good job, right on par with Eileen. Her Kristen is just too different.

 

Lol!  No worries!  I am a morning person.

 

I think there might actually be more story to tell with Susan that SH could play.  There is a darkness to Susan that was never truly explored (her kidnapping Marlena/Kristen, her sudden John obsession in 97, the Will/EJ stuff).  But everyone in town sorta eye rolls her ridiculousness and moves on.  I think at this point Kristen is so played out I would "kill" her off and keep Susan and bring Kristen back if ED ever wants to return and just keep both actresses. 

But I don't need Susan at all if she going to have a few episodes where she says "Dr. Marlena Evans is my bestest friend or Kristen is mean, mean, mean."  That nonsense was tired in 1998. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

The issue with SH as Kristen is she’s so damn shrill when she’s emotional. I don’t mind her in family scenes with the DiMera’s and I thought she was very likeable in the time jump flashbacks. But they have her so emotional all of the time it gets old. There’s not a lot of layers to her Kristen. And as someone mentioned, her entire history has seemingly been swept under the rug now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
8 minutes ago, victoria foxton said:

Like Will becoming BFF's with his killer.

Please register in order to view this content

Yup

 

And today for the first time I was bored/tired of Char!ie and then to have him speak to Gwen of all people.....

Edited by Soapsuds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 5

      Continuity Errors in Soaps

    2. 3,378

      DAYS behind the scenes, articles/photos

    3. 3,378

      DAYS behind the scenes, articles/photos

    4. 3,378

      DAYS behind the scenes, articles/photos

    5. 5

      Continuity Errors in Soaps

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy